Pencil 100mg Tablet
Pencil 100 MG Description
Pencil Tablet is used for the treatment of cramp-like pain in the legs due to decreased blood supply (intermittent claudication). It contains cilostazol as its active medicine. Do not take this medic
ine if you are having a history of allergy, any heart problems like chest pain or abnormal heart rhythm, bleeding problems, kidney or liver problems and in pregnancy or breastfeeding. Do not take this medicine with any other medicines which increases the chances of bleeding. Take immediate medical attention if you feel chest pain that radiates to the shoulder or back. It should not be used in children.
- Stiloz 100mg Strip Of 15 TabletsBy Integrace Pvt Ltd15 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 629.50₹ 541.37₹ 36.09/Tablet
- Pletoz 100mg Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Cipla Limited10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 358.72₹ 308.50₹ 30.85/Tablet
Uses of Pencil 100 MG
Contraindications of Pencil 100 MG
- If you are allergic to cilostazol or any other ingredients of Pencil Tablet.
- If you have any kidney or liver problems.
- If you have any heart-related disorders such as heart attack or abnormal heart rhythm.
- If you have any condition which may increase the chances of bleeding or bruising like, stomach ulcers, history of stroke in the last six months, eye problems associated with diabetes, uncontrolled blood pressure....
- If you are taking medicines like Aspirin and Clopidogrel or any other medicines which may increase the risk of bleeding.
- If you are suffering from chest pain, heart attack currently or in the last 6 months.
- Pregnant women should not take Pencil Tablet.
Side effects of Pencil 100 MG
- Abdominal pain
- Chest pain
Precautions and Warnings of Pencil 100 MG
Other General Warnings
- You have any heart problems or heart rhythm abnormalities.
- You have any problems related to blood pressure.
- You need any surgery like teeth removal during the Pencil Tablet treatment, inform your dentist.
- You show symptoms like easy bruising, bleeding, fever or sore throat.
- Pencil Tablet is not suitable for children and adolescents.
Mode of Action of Pencil 100 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Pencil 100 MG
- Pencil Tablet should be taken as directed by your doctor. Swallow it as a whole with a glass of water.
- Take it at a fixed time for optimal results. Do not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor.
Interactions of Pencil 100 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Pencil Tablet works or this medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interactions.
- Concomitant use of this medicine with blood thinners with this medicine may increase the risk of side effects.
- This medicine should not be used with any other blood pressure lowering medications as it can lower the blood pressure and result in undesirable effects.
- The effect of this medicine increases when used together with medicines to lower acidity such as Omeprazole. This may increase the risk of side effects associated with Pencil Tablet.
- It is important to inform the doctor about all the medication and herbal supplements consumed before using this medicine.
Interactions with food items
Storage and disposal of Pencil 100 MG
- Keep Pencil Tablet out of the sight and reach of children.
- Do not use this medicine after its expiry date.
- Store it below 30°C in the original packaging.
- Do not throw away any medicines via wastewater or household waste.
Dosage of Pencil 100 MG
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can I take Pencil Tablet with other blood pressure lowering medicines?
Q: How Pencil Tablet works?
Q: Can I smoke if I am taking Pencil Tablet?
- Cilostazol 50 mg tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 20 May 2022]
- Cilostazol 50 mg tablets - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 20 May 2022]
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2022 [cited 20 May 2022]