Paxidep Cr 25mg Tablet
Paxidep Cr 25 MG Description
Paxidep Cr Tablet is a medicine used to treat anxiety disorders and panic disorders. It is a selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor (SSRI) antidepressant. The mechanism of action of this medicine is
to block the serotonin reuptake transporter (SERT) and thus increase the concentration of synaptic serotonin. It is used predominantly to treat patients with depression, and it has little or no affinity for cholinergic and alpha-adrenergic histamine receptors.
|Uses||Depression, Menopausal Vasomotor Symptoms, Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder, Social Phobia, Generalised Anxiety Disorder, Panic Disorder, Premenstrual Dysphoric Disorder, Post-traumatic Stress Disorder|
|Side effects||Nausea, dizziness, drowsiness, trouble sleeping, loss of appetite, dry mouth, blurred vision, sweating, shaking (tremor), yawning, restlessness, decreased interest in sex, inability to keep still, numbness/tingling, changes in sexual ability, muscle weakness/spasm, easy bruising/bleeding, fast/irregular heartbeat, black stools, vomit that looks like coffee grounds, eye pain/redness/swelling, seizures, widened pupils, vision changes.|
Uses of Paxidep Cr 25 MG
- Menopausal Vasomotor Symptoms (hot flushes)
- Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder
- Social Phobia
- Generalised Anxiety Disorder
- Panic Disorder
- Premenstrual Dysphoric Disorder
- Posttraumatic Stress Disorder
Contraindications of Paxidep Cr 25 MG
- Hypersensitivity to paroxetine
- Concomitant administration with thioridazine or pimozide
- Coadministration with serotonergic medicines or concomitant use within 14 days of Monoamine oxidase inhibitor medicines increases the risk of serotonin syndrome.
- It is contraindicated to start paroxetine in a patient who is already on linezolid or intravenous methylene blue because of the fear of precipitating serotonin syndrome. Patients with the syndrome of inappropriate antidiuretic hormone,...
- Severe kidney disease
- Severe liver disease
- Narrow-angle glaucoma (Optic Nerve Issue)
Side effects of Paxidep Cr 25 MG
- Dry mouth
- Ejaculation disorder
- Blurred vision
- Decreased appetite
- Weight gain
- Angle-closure glaucoma
- Abnormal bleeding
- Acute jaundice
- Bone fracture
Precautions and Warnings of Paxidep Cr 25 MG
Other General Warnings
- You have suicidal tendencies.
- You have a major depressive disorder.
Mode of Action of Paxidep Cr 25 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Paxidep Cr 25 MG
- Paxidep Cr Tablet has to be taken by mouth, with or without food, as directed by the treating doctor.
- The chances of nausea may reduce if this medication is taken with food.
- Crushing or chewing this medication may release all of the medicine at once, increasing the risk of side effects.
- The dosage is based on your response to treatment, medical condition, age, associated comorbidities and other medications you may be taking.
Interactions of Paxidep Cr 25 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Paxidep CR should not be consumed with medicines such as:
- Psychiatric medicine and pain killers such as
- Migraine medicines such as
- Antiplatelet medicines and Blood Thinners such as:
- MAO (Monoamine oxidase) inhibitors such as
- methylene blue
- These medicines, if consumed together, can cause a fatal reaction.
- Having these medicines together can cause an adverse reaction in the body. It is also possible that some of these medicines negate the efficacy of either and may also affect the removal of other medicines from the body; hence they should not be consumed at the same time....
Interactions with food items
- Root Panax
- Fish oil triglycerides
- St. John's wort