Nucoril Od Tablet
By EMCURE PHARMACEUTICALS LTD
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
Non ReturnableRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Nucoril Od Tablet is used to treat and prevent chest pain that is related to the heart. It contains nicorandil as an active ingredient. Take this medicine only after consulting the doctor. It should be taken in dose and duration as prescribed. You should never stop taking this medicine without consulting your doctor, as it may increase the risk of heart-related complications. Inform your doctor if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or breastfeeding and about all the medicines and supplements you take and all the conditions or diseases you suffer from, before starting Nucoril Od Tablet....
Uses of Nucoril Od 10 MG
Nucoril Od Tablet is used for the prevention and long-term treatment of heart-related chest pain.
Contraindications of Nucoril Od 10 MG
- If you are allergic to Nicorandil or any other components of Nucoril Od Tablet
- If you have a low blood pressure
- If you are suffering from any heart problems
- If your doctor has told you that you have a build-up of fluid in your lung
- If you are taking medications like vardenafil, sildenafil, etc. to treat impotency or riociguat to treat a lung disease
Side effects of Nucoril Od 10 MG
- Skin redness
Precautions and Warnings of Nucoril Od 10 MG
Can I take Nucoril Od Tablet during pregnancy?
It would be preferable if you could avoid using Nucoril Od Tablet during pregnancy as there is limited information about its safety. Please consult your doctor before using any medicine during pregnancy.
Can I take Nucoril Od Tablet while breastfeeding?
Nucoril Od Tablet is not recommended during breastfeeding because it is unknown if it passes into breast milk. Please consult your doctor before using any medicine while breastfeeding.
Can I drive if I have consumed Nucoril Od Tablet?
Nucoril Od Tablet may cause dizziness or blurred vision as side effects, thus, you need to be cautious while driving or operating machines.
Can I consume alcohol with Nucoril Od Tablet?
Avoid consuming alcohol while on treatment with Nucoril Od Tablet as it is unsafe and may lower your blood pressure.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have low blood pressure.
- You are suffering from some heart condition.
- You have problems with your kidney.
- You have a blood enzyme deficiency (glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase deficiency).
- You have a low blood potassium level and are on medications for it.
- You notice red, itchy, swollen eyes, experience mouth ulcers, blood in your stools or vomit, etc. after taking Nucoril Od Tablet.
- Nucoril Od Tablet is not recommended to be used in children.
Mode of Action of Nucoril Od 10 MG
How Does It Work?
Nucoril Od Tablet works by improving the blood and oxygen supply of the heart muscle and reducing its workload, thus increasing the blood flow through the blood vessels of the heart.
Directions for Use of Nucoril Od 10 MG
Take Nucoril Od Tablet exactly as directed by the physician; swallow it whole with a glass of water or milk. It can be taken with or without food. Do not break, crush, or chew the medicine. It is essential to take it regularly and at a fixed time. Do not exceed the dose more than the recommended amount....
Interactions of Nucoril Od 10 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- You need to mention all the medicines you take including herbal, vitamins & mineral supplements to your doctor before starting Nucoril Od Tablet.
- This medicine should not be used simultaneously with medicine like sildenafil, vardenafil (used to treat sexual problems in men), riociguat (used in lung and heart diseases) as it may lead to a serious drop in blood pressure....
- This medicine may alter the effects of certain medicines like captopril (used in heart diseases), Amitriptyline (used to treat mental health) when used concomitantly.
- Medicines like dapoxetine (used in men to treat sexual problems), prednisone (used in asthma) should be used with caution along with this medicine.
- This medicine when taken concomitantly along with painkillers like acetylsalicylic acid, naproxen, ibuprofen may increase the risk of complications like bleeding, ulcers in the stomach, and intestines. ...
- You need to be very cautious when taking this medicine along with other medicines that may increase your potassium levels.
Interactions with food items
Nucoril Od Tablet may be taken with or without food.
Storage and disposal of Nucoril Od 10 MG
Nucoril Od Tablet should be stored at room temperature protected from moisture and heat. Keep them out of reach and sight of children and pets. Avoid taking this medicine after the expiry date.
Dosage of Nucoril Od 10 MG
Overdose of Nucoril Od Tablet may lead to a fall in blood pressure (symptoms include dizziness, nausea, unconsciousness, blurred vision, etc) and fast heart rate. Contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital if you experience any of the symptoms, or think you have taken too much of Nucoril Od Tablet....
Missed a Dose
In case you’ve missed any dose of Nucoril Od Tablet, take it as soon as you remember it. If it is almost time for the next dose, then skip the missed dose. Avoid taking a double dose to compensate for the missed dose....
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Is Nucoril Od blood thinner?
A: No, Nucoril Od is not a blood thinner. It acts as a potassium channel activator and relaxes or widens the blood vessels to ensure proper blood and oxygen supply within the blood vessels.
Q: Can I stop using Nucoril Od Tablet if I feel better after taking this medicine?
A: No, you should never stop taking Nucoril Od Tablet. Abrupt stopping of this medicine may result in angina attack (sudden chest pain) and other conditions resulting in heart attack and difficulty in breathing. Your doctor will gradually reduce the dose of the medicine before stopping the medicine completely. Talk to your doctor for more advice.
- Ikorel 10mg Tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 12 May 2022]
- Ikorel 10mg Tablets - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 12 May 2022]
- CDSCO - Nicorandil [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2022 [cited 12 May 2022]
- Nicorandil [Internet]. Lhch.nhs.uk. 2022 [cited 12 May 2022]
- Nicorandil - an overview | ScienceDirect Topics [Internet]. Sciencedirect.com. 2022 [cited 12 May 2022]
Expires on or After