Neopar Plus Dt Tab
By LEEFORD HEALTHCARE LTD
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
Non ReturnableRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Neopar Plus DT is a combination medicine containing Nimesulide and Paracetamol, a painkiller. It has analgesic, antipyretic and anti-inflammatory action belonging to the Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAID's) class of medicine. Neopar Plus DT aids in headache, toothache, fever, ear, joint and menstrual. Children under 12 years of age and people with stomach ulcers, kidney or liver or heart problem should not take this medicine. Dissolve this medicine in a glass of water and drink that water. It should not be swallowed as a whole. You may experience stomach discomforts and irritation, while on this medicine. If it worsens, visit the nearest hospital or clinic. Do not take it for a longer duration than prescribed as there is a risk of bleeding and ulcers with this medicine.
Uses of Neopar Plus Dt Tab
Neopar Plus DT is used to provide relief from fever, headache, toothache, pain like ear pain, joint pain and pain during menses.
Contraindications of Neopar Plus Dt Tab
- If you are allergic to Paracetamol, Nimesulide, other anti-inflammatory medicines (aspirin) or any of the ingredients of Neopar Plus DT.
- If you have a history of liver damage induced by anti-inflammatory medicines like (Nimesulide).
- If you have or had a history of stomach bleeding, ulcer and inflammation of stomach lining.
- If you have problems related to blood clotting and bleeding disorders.
- If you have impaired liver or kidney functions.
- If you have serious heart failure problems.
- If you are an alcoholic or a drug addict.
- If you are suffering from symptoms of flu-like fever, chills, shivering.
- If you are pregnant or are breastfeeding.
Side effects of Neopar Plus Dt Tab
- Loose stools
- Stomach or intestine ulcers
- Redness of the skin
- Allergic symptoms like breathlessness, swelling of the face and lips, eyes
- Increased liver enzymes
Precautions and Warnings of Neopar Plus Dt Tab
Can I take the Neopar Plus DT during pregnancy?
- Neopar Plus DT should not be used during pregnancy, especially during the last three months of pregnancy as it may cause harm to the unborn baby along with delaying the delivery term.
- If you are a woman planning to conceive, this medicine can hamper your fertility. Hence, it should be avoided by such women. Talk to your doctor if you are planning a pregnancy or think you may be pregnant.read less
Can I take the Neopar Plus DT while breastfeeding?
Components of Neopar Plus DT pass into breastmilk and may cause harm to your newborn baby. Thus, it should be avoided by breastfeeding women, unless it is advised by your doctor.
Can I drive if I have consumed the Neopar Plus DT?
If you experience drowsiness and sleepiness after taking the Neopar Plus DT, avoid driving.
Can I consume alcohol with the Neopar Plus DT?
You should avoid consuming alcohol during the treatment with Neopar Plus DT, as it may worsen your liver problems. Do not consume alcohol while on this medicine. Talk to your doctor if you have a habit of drinking regularly.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You experience loss of appetite, nausea, stomach pain and weakness. These could be signs of serious liver damage.
- You develop black tarry stools or vomit blood, immediately stop the medicine.
- You are elderly, the chances of side effects increases.
- You are suffering from any liver or kidney or heart diseases.
- You have a history of stomach or intestine ulcers.
- You are expected to go through any upcoming surgery.
- Taking Neopar Plus DT for long is not advised as it can increase the risk of heart diseases or stomach bleeds.
- Neopar Plus DT should not be used in children below 12 years of age.
Mode of Action of Neopar Plus Dt Tab
How Does It Work?
- Natural chemical substance prostaglandins, causes pain, swelling and fever.
- Neopar Plus DT blocks the production of these prostaglandins, thus temporarily controlling fever or pain.
- It acts on the area of the brain which is responsible for controlling temperature. Thus, it helps in controlling the fever.
Directions for Use of Neopar Plus Dt Tab
Take Neopar Plus DT and dissolve it in a glass of water and drink it. This medicine can be taken with or without meals but if you have a sensitive stomach, it is preferably taken with meals.
Interactions of Neopar Plus Dt Tab
Interactions with other medicines
- No drug interaction reports are available for this combination. However, as Neopar Plus DT contains Paracetamol & Nimesulide, any interactions seen with these two components when taken alone may occur with this combination too.read less
- You may experience stomach bleeding and ulcers if used along with steroids.
- This medicine may interfere with the working of blood thinners like Warfarin.
- Do not take this medicine along with vomiting medicines like Domperidone and Metoclopramide.
- Medicines used to treat high blood pressure like a water pill and captopril.
- Medicines used for mental problems like Lithium, Phenytoin and Phenobarbital.
- Medicines used to treat a certain type of cancer or arthritis-like Methotrexate.
- Medicines used to modify the immune system during an organ transplant like cyclosporine.
- Medicines used to treat gout-like probenecid.
- Medicines used to treat infections like Chloramphenicol and Rifampicin.
- Discuss with your doctor about any other medicines, herbal preparations and supplements you are taking currently to avoid any possible interactions.
Storage and disposal of Neopar Plus Dt Tab
Storage and disposal
- Store Neopar Plus DT in a cool and dry place and protect it from moisture and light.
- Keep it out of reach of the children and pets.
Dosage of Neopar Plus Dt Tab
- An overdose of Neopar Plus DT may result in serious liver damage.
- Other symptoms include nausea, vomiting, stomach discomforts, stomach bleed, skin rash, fever and chills.
- In case of an overdose, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital.
Missed a Dose
- If you have missed taking any dose of Neopar Plus DT, take it as soon as you remember.
- If it's time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule.
- Do not take a double dose of this medicine to compensate for the missed one.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can I take Neopar Plus Dt Tab for six months?
- No, prolonged use of Neopar Plus Dt Tab can be detrimental to your health.
- The use of this medicine is meant only for a short relief of pain.
- Do not use it for more than 15 days.
- Using it for a prolonged period may result in stomach and intestine ulcers and an increased risk of heart diseases.
Q: My child has a toothache, can I give Neopar Plus Dt Tab to him?
A: No, never give Neopar Plus Dt Tab to your child. This medicine is not meant for children as it can cause liver damage in them.
Q: Can Neopar Plus DT be used for a headache?
A: Yes, Neopar Plus DT can be used to gain relief from a headache.
Q: How to take Neopar Plus Dt Tab?
- Take Neopar Plus Dt Tab, put it in a glass of water, let it get dissolved and drink it. Consume this solution immediately. Discard the remaining solution.
- This medicine can be taken with or without meals but if you have a sensitive stomach, it is preferably taken with meals.
- EMA. SmPC. Paracetamol. [ Accessed on 12.March.2021 ] (online)
- EMA. SmPC. Trademark. [ Accessed on 12.March.2021 ] (online)
- EMA. SmPC. Nimesulide. [ Accessed on 12.March.2021 ] (online)
- TGA. Paracetamol. [ Accessed on 12.March.2021 ] (online)
- Salvavidaspharma. Nimesulide Paracetamol tablet. [ Accessed on 12.March.2021 ] (online)
Last Updated on: 17 Mar 2021 | 05:52 PM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
Offers Just for you
Flat 20% off + 20% cashback on your 1st medicine order
Flat 20% off + 20% cashback on all medicines + Myntra voucher worth Rs.250
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved