Lamepil 25mg Tablet
By IPCA LABORATORIES
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
7 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Lamepil 25 MG Description
Lamepil Tablet is an anticonvulsant medication that is used in treating epilepsy and bipolar disorder. It contains lamotrigine as its active ingredient. It acts by decreasing the abnormal impulses fr
om the nerves in the brain and helps in preventing mood swings. It should be taken as directed by the doctor and in doses and duration as prescribed. You develop any rashes after taking this medicine, inform your doctor immediately. Before using the Lamepil Tablet, inform the doctor if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or are breastfeeding and about your detailed medical history.
|You Save||₹11.27 (15% on MRP)|
|Uses||Epilepsy, bipolar disorder|
|Side effects||Headache, skin rash, dizziness|
Check more medicines with composition as Lamotrigine(25.0 Mg)
Uses of Lamepil 25 MG
Lamepil Tablet is used for the treatment for the epilepsy (seizures) and bipolar disorder.
Contraindications of Lamepil 25 MG
If you are allergic to lamotrigine or any other active ingredients present along with it.
Side effects of Lamepil 25 MG
- Skin rash
- Dry mouth
Precautions and Warnings of Lamepil 25 MG
Can I take the Lamepil Tablet during pregnancy?
- Use of the Lamepil Tablet during pregnancy (especially first trimester) may cause an increased risk of birth defects such as cleft lip or cleft palate.
- Thus, consult your doctor before using if you are pregnant, think you may be or are planning a pregnancy.
- Use effective contraception (condoms, a cap or a coil.) if you are a woman of childbearing age and are taking this medicine, also seek advice from your doctor.
- Do not discontinue the treatment without discussion with your doctor.
Can I take the Lamepil Tablet while breastfeeding?
Lamotrigine passes into the breastmilk and may affect your baby, thus consult your doctor before using the Lamepil Tablet while breastfeeding. If prescribed, watch out for adverse effects such as drowsiness, rash and poor weight gain.
Can I drive if I have consumed the Lamepil Tablet?
You should avoid driving while on treatment as the Lamepil Tablet may make you feel sleepy or dizzy or may cause blurred vision, lack of muscle coordination or a depressed level of consciousness.
Can I consume alcohol with the Lamepil Tablet?
Do not drink alcohol while you are using the Lamepil Tablet as it may worsen the side effects.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have observed any rashes after taking the Lamepil Tablet. Immediately contact your doctor or visit the nearest hospital.
- You have any behavioural changes or mood changes.
- You are suffering from a condition - Brugada syndrome.
- You have a known history of kidney problems.
- You are on a medication that contains lamotrigine.
- You develop any suicidal thoughts, contact your doctor.
- You have ever developed meningitis after taking this medicine.
Mode of Action of Lamepil 25 MG
How Does It Work?
Lamotrigine in the Lamepil Tablet works by decreasing the impulses from the nerves in the brain that cause seizures and also mood changes.
Directions for Use of Lamepil 25 MG
- Lamepil Tablet should be taken as directed by your doctor.
- Swallow it as a whole with a glass of water, do not cut, break or chew the medicine.
- It can be taken with or without food.
- It would be best if you took it at a fixed time for optimal results.
- You should not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor.
Interactions of Lamepil 25 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way the Lamepil Tablet works or this medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction.
- Especially, if you are taking hormonal contraceptives, antibiotics, other medicines to treat fits or epilepsy or other psychiatric illnesses, HIV infection, etc.
Storage and disposal of Lamepil 25 MG
- Store the Lamepil Tablet below 25°C in a dry place, protected from light.
- Keep it out of the reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Lamepil 25 MG
An overdose of the Lamepil Tablet can lead to serious adverse effects such as lack of coordination, rapid, uncontrollable eye movements, unconsciousness, fits (convulsions) or coma. Thus, it should be immediately reported to your treating doctor or nearby hospital. Always carry the package of the tablet along with you for easy assessment of the severity of an overdose....
Missed a Dose
You should never miss a dose of the Lamepil Tablet. If you have missed any dose, take it as soon as you remember. However, if it's time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dose schedule. Do not take a double dose of medicine to compensate for the missed one....
Dr. Arpit Verma
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Dr. Ritu Budania
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What is epilepsy?
A: Epilepsy is a brain-related disorder affecting people of all ages characterized by recurrent seizures that are brief episodes of involuntary movement that may involve a part of the body or the entire body. It is caused due to abnormal electrical activity in the brain and sometimes accompanied by loss of consciousness and control of bowel or bladder function.
Q: What is bipolar disorder?
A: Bipolar disorder is a brain-related condition that affects a person's mood, energy and ability to function. People may also feel abnormally happy, irritable and sad or low.
Q: What is the use of the Lamepil Tablet?
A: Lamepil Tablet is used for the treatment for the epilepsy (seizures) and bipolar disorders.
- Lamotrigine tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 7 July 2021]
- LAMETEC DT Tablets [Internet]. CiplaMed. 2021 [cited 7 July 2021]
- [Internet]. Hpra.ie. 2021 [cited 7 July 2021]
- CDSCO - Lamotrigine [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 7 July 2021]
- Lamotrigine tablets - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 7 July 2021]
Country of Origin
Expires on or After
Other Products from this Brand
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed