Itapro 100mg Cap 8's
By AJANTA PHARMA LTD
8 Capsule(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Itapro Capsule is an antifungal medicine containing itraconazole as its active ingredient. It is used to treat fungal infections. This medicine works by blocking the formation of the cell membrane of
fungal cells by inhibiting the enzyme. Do not use it if you are allergic to Itraconazole, pregnant or breastfeeding. Itapro Capsule should be taken as directed by the doctor and in doses and duration as prescribed. You may experience side effects like dizziness, nausea, stomach pain, rash while on treatment with this medicine. If side effects persist or there is no improvement in your condition then inform your doctor....
Uses of Itapro 100mg Cap 8'S
Itapro Capsule is used for the treatment of fungal infection of the nails, skin, mouth, eyes, vagina and other internal organs.
Contraindications of Itapro 100mg Cap 8'S
- You are allergic to itraconazole or any other ingredient of Itapro Capsule.
- If you are suffering from any heart problems.
- If you are pregnant or planning a pregnancy.
Side effects of Itapro 100mg Cap 8'S
- Stomach pain
- Tingling sensation
- Altered sense of taste
Precautions and Warnings of Itapro 100mg Cap 8'S
Can I take Itapro 100mg Cap 8'S during pregnancy?
- Itapro Capsule must not be used during pregnancy as it may cause harm to the unborn baby.
- If you are taking this medicine, proper birth control measures should be taken while consuming it for at least 2 months after the final dose.
Can I take Itapro 100mg Cap 8'S while breastfeeding?
Itraconazole passes into breast milk in low amounts. Thus, your doctor will decide either discontinuing Itapro Capsule or the breastfeeding after assessing the potential risk on breastfeeding infant over the risk of delayed treatment on breastfeeding mother.
Can I drive if I have consumed Itapro 100mg Cap 8'S?
You may experience visual disturbances, hearing loss and dizziness while on treatment. If you experience any of these symptoms, you should not drive or use any tools or machines while taking Itapro Capsule.
Can I consume alcohol with Itapro 100mg Cap 8'S?
You should avoid consuming alcohol while taking this medicine, as it may worsen the side effects of Itapro Capsule.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You develop any allergic reaction after taking Itapro Capsule.
- You have problems with your liver or kidney.
- You had or have heart problems like heart failure, heart attack, etc.
- You experience shortness of breath, unexpected weight gain, swollen legs or stomach or tiredness. Stop taking Itapro Capsule as these may be signs of heart failure.
Mode of Action of Itapro 100mg Cap 8'S
How Does It Work?
Itraconazole in Itapro Capsule works by blocking the formation of the cell membrane of the fungus by inhibiting an enzyme, thus the fungi stop multiplying or die because of the non-formation of the co
mplete cell membrane....
Directions for Use of Itapro 100mg Cap 8'S
Itapro Capsule should be taken as directed by your doctor. Swallow it whole with a glass of water, immediately after a meal. Do not open, cut or chew the medicine. It would be best if you took it at a
fixed time for optimal results and should not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor....
Interactions of Itapro 100mg Cap 8'S
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way this medicine works, or this medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements, or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction.
- Especially if you are taking medicines to treat your heart problems, mental health issues, diabetes, cancer, HIV infection, low blood cholesterol, migraine, fits, allergic reactions.
Storage and disposal of Itapro 100mg Cap 8'S
- Store Itapro Capsule below 25°C in a clean and dry place, protected from moisture, sun light and heat.
- Keep the medicine away from children and pets.
Dosage of Itapro 100mg Cap 8'S
If you think you have taken too much of Itapro Capsule, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital.
Missed a Dose
If you missed any dose of Itapro Capsule, take it as soon as you remember. If it's time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a doub
le dose of medicine to compensate for the missed one....
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What is the use of Itapro Capsule?
A: Itapro Capsule is used for the treatment of fungal infection of the nails, skin, mouth, eyes, vagina and other internal organs.
Q: What precautions should I take when using Itapro Capsule?
A: Tell your doctor if you are sexually active and discuss effective contraception methods. Itapro Capsule can make your oral contraceptive pills work less efficiently. Hence if you are on this medication, then use barrier methods of contraception like condoms.
Q: What should I discuss with my healthcare provider before taking Itapro Capsule?
- Inform the doctor about your detailed medical & surgical history.
- Inform your doctor if you have heart, liver or kidney disease.
- Inform your doctor if you are pregnant, breastfeeding or planning to have a baby.
- Itapro Capsule may interact with other medicines, hence, inform your doctor if you are taking any other medicines including supplements or herbal products. Also, inform your doctor if you are stoppingany medicine....Read more
- Itraconazole 100mg Capsules, hard - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 7 May 2021]
- Itraconazole 100mg Capsules, hard - Patient information leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 7 May 2021]
- Sporanox (itraconazole) Capsules [Internet]. Accessdata.fda.gov. 2021 [cited 7 May 2021]
- Itraconazole - Product Monograph [Internet]. Pdf.hres.ca. 2021 [cited 7 May 2021]
Other Products from this Brand
Last Updated on: 07 May 2021 | 03:35 PM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
Offers Just for you
Flat 20% Off + 20% cashback on 1st medicine order + Flat Rs.100 off on min spend of Rs 749 on select styles on Myntra.
Flat 20% off + 20% cashback on your 1st medicine order
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved