Hcqs 200mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Hcqs 200 MG Description
HCQS 200 tablet is used for the treatment of autoimmune disorders such as systemic lupus erythematosus (SLE) and rheumatoid arthritis. Autoimmune disease is a condition in which your immune system is
not able to distinguish between healthy tissue and harmful pathogens and mistakenly attacks the healthy tissues of the body. It contains hydroxychloroquine as its active ingredient. It works by reducing the action of the immune system. HCQS 200 tablets should be taken as directed by the doctor and in doses and duration as prescribed. It should be taken with a glass of milk or after a meal. Before using the HCQS 200 tablet, inform the doctor if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy, or are breastfeeding and about your detailed medical history.
Uses of Hcqs 200 MG
Contraindications of Hcqs 200 MG
- If you are allergic to hydroxychloroquine or any of the other ingredients of the HCQS 200 tablet.
- If you are allergic to similar medicines like chloroquine.
- If you suffer from maculopathy, an eye disease usually characterised by visual abnormalities.
- If you are pregnant or may be pregnant.
Side effects of Hcqs 200 MG
- Stomach pain
- Loss of appetite
Precautions and Warnings of Hcqs 200 MG
Other General Warnings
- You experience visual disturbances or have an existing eye disorder. Before beginning treatment with this medicine, you should undergo an eye examination.
- You experience a sudden drop in blood sugar and unconsciousness, monitoring of blood glucose is recommended if you are a diabetic.
- You are suffering from any heart disease, your doctor shall conduct an ECG before starting treatment with this medicine
- You have liver or kidney diseases, you may require dose adjustment.
- You are suffering from any stomach or gut problems.
- You develop swelling in the legs, breathlessness, fatigue, bloating and coughing while lying down.
- You develop rashes after taking the HCQS 200 tablet.
- You have a history of an autoimmune disorder of the skin called porphyria.
- You or your family have a history of an enzyme deficiency (glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase deficiency).
- You experience mental health problems such as depression, hallucinations, thoughts of self-harm or suicide. Immediately contact your doctor.
- If you are supposed to take this medicine for long-term treatment, you should be monitored regularly for heart health & blood count.
Mode of Action of Hcqs 200 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Hcqs 200 MG
Interactions of Hcqs 200 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way the HCQS 200 tablet works or this medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Inform your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbs you are currently taking or might take to avoid any mix-up. Also, you should inform your doctor if you have a planned surgery or vaccination schedule....
- Especially, if you are taking medicines to treat your heart problems, diabetes, fits, muscle weakness, worm infections, and other antimalarials.
- Antacids and medicines used to stop diarrhoea should be taken with a minimum gap of four hours when used together with the HCQS 200 tablet.
Storage and disposal of Hcqs 200 MG
- Store the HCQS 200 tablet below 25°C in a clean and dry place, protected from direct sunlight, moisture and heat.
- Keep it away from children and pets.
- Do not use expired or damaged medicines.
- Dispose of unused medicine properly. Avoid flushing it in the toilet or throwing it into the drain.
Dosage of Hcqs 200 MG
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What is HCQS 200 tablet?
Q: Is HCQS 200 tablet habit-forming?
Q: What should I discuss with my healthcare expert before taking the HCQS 200 mg table?
- Inform the doctor about your detailed medical & surgical history.
- Inform your doctor if you have heart, skin, stomach, liver or kidney disease and medical conditions.
- Inform your doctor if you are pregnant, breastfeeding or planning to have a baby.
- HCQS 200 tablets may interact with other medicines. Hence, inform your doctor if you are taking any other medications, including supplements or herbal products. Also, tell your doctor if you are stopping any medicine....
- Hydroxychloroquine sulfate 200mg Film-coated Tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 18 Aug 2021]
- IMULAST Tablets [Internet]. CiplaMed. 2021 [cited 18 Aug 2021]
- CDSCO - Hydroxychloroquine [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 18 Aug 2021]