Halotop S Ointment 10gm
Halotop S Ointment 10gm Description
Halotop S ointment is a combination of two medications, namely, salicylic acid and halobestol. It is used in the management of skin diseases like psoriasis and eczema. Salicylic acid helps to shed th
e outer layer of the skin. It helps soften and remove the scaly part of the skin due to psoriasis. Halobestol decreases the formation of natural molecules that are involved in inflammation. This ointment is only available on a doctor's prescription and should be taken at a dose and for a duration prescribed by the doctor. Do not use this ointment during pregnancy and breastfeeding unless recommended by a doctor. In addition, this ointment is not recommended in children and adolescents below 18 years of age. Before taking this ointment, inform your doctor if you are allergic to any ingredients.
Uses of Halotop S Ointment 10gm
- Treatment of Eczema, Psoriasis
Contraindications of Halotop S Ointment 10gm
- Known allergy to any ingredients of Halotop S ointment
Side effects of Halotop S Ointment 10gm
- Pain at site of application
- Dry skin
- Skin irritation
Precautions and Warnings of Halotop S Ointment 10gm
Other General Warnings
- You have broken or swollen skin
- You have diabetes
- You have problems with adrenal glands
- You have liver problems
- You are planning to undergo surgery
- You are allergic to any ingredients of Halotop S ointment
- You have a history of skin irritation after using steroid medicines
- You are consuming other medicines or supplements
Mode of Action of Halotop S Ointment 10gm
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Halotop S Ointment 10gm
- For external use only
- Do not swallow
- The dose and duration of the ointment must be followed strictly as directed by the doctor
- Wash and dry the affected area before applying the ointment
- Wash your hands after applying the ointment
Storage and disposal of Halotop S Ointment 10gm
- Store Halotop S Ointment at 20°-25°C
- Do not store the ointment above 49°C or do not expose to heat
- Do not freeze
- Keep the ointment away from reach from children and pets
- Do not use the ointment after expiry date
- Do not throw ointments in wastewater or household waste
Dosage of Halotop S Ointment 10gm
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Is Halotop S ointment safe for use in children?
Q: Can I stop using Halotop S ointment when I feel better?
Q: Can I smoke while using Halotop S ointment?
- Halobetasol Propionate topical foam [Internet]. Accessdata.fda.gov. 2022 [cited 6 April 2022].
- Salicylic Acid Ointment BP - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 6 April 2022].
- Halobetasol [Internet]. Pubchem.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov. 2022 [cited 30 May 2022].
- Over-the-Counter Topicals [Internet]. National Psoriasis Foundation. 2020 [cited 30 May 2022].