Gabapin Nt 400mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
By INTAS PHARMACEUTICALS LTD
15 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
15 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Gabapin NT tablet is used to provide relief from neuropathic pain. Gabapin NT tablet is a combination of gabapentin and nortriptyline as its active ingredients. Gabapentin relieves pain arising due to
nerve damage, compression in nerves. Nortriptyline acts on the central nervous system and offers relief from neuropathic pain. The two medicines work effectively in reducing neuropathic pain (pain due to nerve damage). You should take the medicine in the dose and duration prescribed by the doctor....
Uses of Gabapin Nt 400mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
Gabapin NT tablet is used to treat neuropathic pain caused due to damage or compression in nerves.
Contraindications of Gabapin Nt 400mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
- If you are allergic to gabapentin, nortriptyline or any of the other ingredients of Gabapin NT tablet.
- If you are taking certain medicines (MAO Inhibitors) for some psychiatric disorders.
- If you have experienced a recent heart attack, blockage in the heart, the disturbed rhythm of the heart.
Side effects of Gabapin Nt 400mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
- Reduced alertness
- Change in taste
- Loss of appetite
- Feeling tired or weak
- Changes in vision
- Irregular heartbeats
- Dry mouth
Precautions and Warnings of Gabapin Nt 400mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
Can I take Gabapin NT tablet during pregnancy?
Gabapin NT medicine should be avoided during pregnancy unless considered essential by the doctor. If the medicine is given to a pregnant woman in the last weeks of pregnancy, the newborn baby should be watched for symptoms of withdrawal like irritability, excessive crying, weak suckling, tremors (shakiness), etc.
Can I take Gabapin NT tablet while breastfeeding?
Gabapin NT tablet may pass in breast milk in small quantities. Limited information is available on the safety of the medicine in newborns. The medicine should be given with caution to breastfeeding women and only when very essential.
Can I drive if I have consumed Gabapin NT tablet?
You should not drive or operate machinery when taking Gabapin NT tablet because the medicine may induce sleep and less alert.
Can I consume alcohol with Gabapin NT tablet?
Avoid alcohol with Gabapin NT medicine, as it may worsen the side effects like drowsiness, loss of concentration, and confusion.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You may experience suicidal thoughts or changes in mood and behaviour.
- You may have severe kidney disorders, liver disorders or disorders related to Pancreas.
- You suffer problems related to the heart like blockage of heart, history of heart failure, abnormal rhythm of the heart.
- You are taking medicine for psychiatric disorders.
- You have difficulty in breathing or other respiratory illness.
- You are above or 65 years of age.
- You may experience abnormal symptoms after taking the medicine, report to the doctor. Consult the doctor before stopping medicine on your own.
- Wear full clothes and apply sunscreen when stepping into bright sunlight as the medicine may make you sensitive to the sun.
- You are scheduled for surgery or dental procedure involving local or general anaesthesia.
Mode of Action of Gabapin Nt 400mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
How Does It Work?
- Gabapentin acts on your brain and reduces the release of chemicals responsible for the sensation of pain. It also relieves the pain arising due to nerve damage.
- Nortriptyline also acts on your central nervous system and offers relief from neuropathic pain (pain due to nerve damage).
Directions for Use of Gabapin Nt 400mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
- Take Gabapin NT tablet as a whole with a sufficient amount of water as prescribed by your doctor.
- This medicine can be taken with or without meals, preferably at the same time every day.
Interactions of Gabapin Nt 400mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
Interactions with other medicines
- Certain medicines can affect the way the Gabapin Nt 400mg Tablets works or the Gabapin Nt 400mg Tablets itself can affect the action of certain medicines when taken together
- Concomitant use with medicines for psychiatric disorders such as moclobemide, phenelzine, iproniazid, isocarboxazid, nialamide or selegiline (used to treat Parkinson's disease) may lead to serious side effects (serotonin syndrome)....Read more
- Concomitant use with medicines for cough and cold containing ephedrine, isoprenaline, noradrenaline, phenylephrine and phenylpropanolamine may increase the side effects of drowsiness.
- You should also tell the doctor if you take or have recently taken medicine that may affect the heart's rhythm.
- Water pills as furosemide medicines to treat irregular heartbeats like quinidine and sotalol should be used cautiously.
- Some medicines may affect the way the Gabapin NT works or the medicine itself may reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell the doctor about the medicines, supplements or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid possible interaction.
Storage and disposal of Gabapin Nt 400mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
- Store this medicine at a temperature below 30°C
- Keep it away from children and pets
Dosage of Gabapin Nt 400mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
Symptoms of the overdose include dizziness, double vision, slurred speech, sleepiness, loss of consciousness, tiredness and mild diarrhoea. If you have taken too much of this medicine, then consult yo
ur doctor or reach out to your nearest hospital....
Missed a Dose
If you missed a dose of this medicine, then take it as soon as you remember. If it's time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a do
uble dose of this medicine to compensate for the missed one....
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Will Gabapin NT tablet make me sleepy?
A: Yes, the Gabapin NT tablet may make you feel sleepy and less alert.
Q: I have been taking Gabapin NT tablet for 1-month. I feel unusually sad. Can I stop the medicine?
A: No, you should not stop Gabapin NT tablet on your own. Feeling unusually sad may be an adverse effect of the medicine. Inform the doctor about this and follow the advice.
Q: I am a heart patient. Can I take Gabapin NT tablet?
A: You should tell the doctor about your complete medical history and ongoing medications. You should take Gabapin NT tablet with caution, only when prescribed by the doctor. Do not self medicate.
Q: How should I take Gabapin NT tablet?
A: You should take Gabapin NT tablet as and when prescribed by the doctor, preferably at the same time every day. Do not self medicate or stop the medicine on your own. The doctor will taper the dose gradually and then stop the medicine to avoid withdrawal symptoms.
Q: What will happen if I stop taking Gabapin NT tablet suddenly?
A: You should never stop the medicine suddenly. The doctor will reduce the dose and then stop Gabapin NT tablet when needed. In case it is stopped suddenly, you may experience symptoms like nausea (sickness), abdominal discomfort, anxiety, headache, restlessness, etc.
- Nortriptyline 50mg Film-coated Tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 4 May 2021]
- Gabapentin 400 mg capsules - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 4 May 2021]
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 4 May 2021]
- Gabapentin [Internet]. Ncbi.nlm.nih.gov. 2021 [cited 4 May 2021]
- Ba. Nortriptyline Oral: Uses, Side Effects, Interactions, Pictures, Warnings & Dosing - WebMD [Internet]. Webmd.com. 2021 [cited 4 May 2021]
- Tripathi K. Essentials of medical pharmacology. 7th ed. Drugs Acting on Central Nervous System: 372-486.
Other Products from this Brand
Last Updated on: 21 Aug 2021 | 10:23 AM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
Offers Just for you
Flat 20% off + 20% cashback on your 1st medicine order
KBC Ghar Baithe Jeeto Jackpot! Win Rs.1,00,000.
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved