Forenza 325mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Forenza 325mg Strip Of 10 Tablets Description
Forenza 325 tablet is an antibiotic containing a combination of cefpodoxime and clavulanic acid. It is used to treat infections of the throat/neck, lungs, ear, urinary tract and skin caused by variou
s bacterial organisms. This medicine is not effective or used for treating flu or viral infections. Cefpodoxime and clavulanic acid in the Forenza 325 tablet work synergistically to produce optimal effects by killing or inhibiting the growth of the bacteria and inactivating the enzymes released by the bacteria. Take this medicine as advised by your doctor for the prescribed duration. Do not stop taking this medicine, even if you start feeling better, as it may result in treatment failure and other consequences. You can take this medicine with or without food, but preferably at the same time every day to gain optimal benefits.
|You Save||₹61.71 (15% on MRP)|
|Contains||Cefpodoxime(200.0 Mg) + Clavulanic Acid(125.0 Mg)|
|Side effects||Diarrhoea, nausea, vomiting, stomach ache|
- Cepocef Cv TabletBy Intas Pharmaceuticals Ltd Gx6 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 423.00₹ 169.2019.36% CHEAPER₹ 28.2/Tablet
- Clavcep Cv Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Avighna Medicare Pvt Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 299.00₹ 236.2132.46% CHEAPER₹ 23.62/Tablet
- Polypod Cv 200mg Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Macleods Pharmaceuticals10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 340.00₹ 289.0017.36% CHEAPER₹ 28.90/Tablet
- Cepodem Xp 325mg TabletBy Sun Pharma10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 364.00₹ 254.8027.14% CHEAPER₹ 25.48/Tablet
- Opox Cv 200mg Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Genix10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 310.00₹ 263.5024.65% CHEAPER₹ 26.35/Tablet
- Zedocef Cv 200mg Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Macleods Pharmaceuticals10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 309.75₹ 263.2924.71% CHEAPER₹ 26.33/Tablet
- Cebest Cv 200mg Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Ergos Life Sciences10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 319.00₹ 271.1522.48% CHEAPER₹ 27.11/Tablet
- Swich Cv 325mg TabletBy Alkem Laboratories Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 370.00₹ 314.5010.07% CHEAPER₹ 31.45/Tablet
- Gudcef Cv 200mg Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Mankind Pharmaceuticals Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 319.44₹ 271.5222.36% CHEAPER₹ 27.15/Tablet
- Oxipod Cv 200 Mg Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Indoco Remedies Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 352.00₹ 299.2014.44% CHEAPER₹ 29.92/Tablet
Uses of Forenza 325mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Contraindications of Forenza 325mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- If you have an allergy to cefpodoxime, clavulanic acid or any of the ingredients of the Forenza 325 tablet.
- If you are allergic to the cephalosporin class of antibiotics. If If you have an infection that is caused by the bacteria clostridium difficile....
- If you have liver or kidney problems.
- If you are suffering from fits.
Side effects of Forenza 325mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Stomach pain
- Skin rashes
Precautions and Warnings of Forenza 325mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Other General Warnings
- You have a history of allergic reactions to antibiotics.
- You are suffering from persistent diarrhoea when on the Forenza 325 tablet or even after discontinuing this medicine.
- You are an alcoholic.
- You develop an allergic reaction after taking the Forenza 325 tablet.
- You should let the doctor or the laboratory person know that you are using this medicine while going for a lab test.
Mode of Action of Forenza 325mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
How Does It Work?
- Forenza 325 tablet works by the combined action of both its components - cefpodoxime and clavulanic acid.
- Cefpodoxime controls the growth of bacteria and kills them by inhibiting the synthesis of the bacterial cell wall. However, the bacteria make an enzyme (beta-lactamases) that can destroy cefpodoxime.
- Clavulanic acid inactivates this enzyme and hence helps cefpodoxime to function optimally.
Directions for Use of Forenza 325mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Interactions of Forenza 325mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way the Forenza 325 tablet works or this medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction.
- Concomitant use of acid-lowering drugs like antacids, ranitidine, cimetidine with the Forenza 325 tablet decrease the effect of this medicine.
- Concomitant use of Probenecid with the Forenza 325 tablet increases the effect of this medicine.
- When medicines known to cause harm to the kidney such as amphotericin-B, vancomycin, amikacin are administered along with the Forenza 325 tablet may increase the risk of kidney disease.
Storage and disposal of Forenza 325mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Store the Forenza 325 tablets at or below 25°in a cool and dry place.
- Please keep it in the original packaging in order to protect it from light.
- Keep the medicine out of the reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Forenza 325mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Missed a Dose
Dr. Arpit Verma
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Dr. Ritu Budania
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)