Epicin 2% Oint
By DEWCARE CONCEPT PVT LTD
5g Ointment in Tube
Inclusive of all taxes
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Epicin Ointment is a topical antibiotic used for the treatment of bacterial skin infections. It contains mupirocin as active ingredient. This Ointment works by inhibiting the growth and spread of infection causing bacteria. Epicin Ointment is meant for external application only and should be applied as directed by the doctor....
10 Brand Alternate(s)
Contains same composition as Epicin 2% Oint
Uses of Epicin 2 %
Epicin Ointment is used to treat bacterial skin infections.
Contraindications of Epicin 2 %
If you are allergic to mupirocin or any other ingredients of Epicin Ointment.
Side effects of Epicin 2 %
Application site reactions
Precautions and Warnings of Epicin 2 %
Can I apply Epicin Ointment during pregnancy?
Consult your doctor before using Epicin Ointment during pregnancy as there is limited safety data available. In case you have been prescribed this medicine, avoid using it in larger skin areas for a prolonged duration.
Can I apply Epicin Ointment while breastfeeding?
Consult your doctor before using Epicin Ointment while breastfeeding as limited safety data is available. If you are using it to treat a cracked nipple, wash thoroughly before feeding the baby. Avoid using it on the breast or areas near the breast or any large area of the body for a prolonged duration.
Can I drive if I have applied Epicin Ointment?
Epicin Ointment is a topical preparation and may not affect the driving ability or ability to handle machinery.
Can I consume alcohol with Epicin Ointment?
Avoid consuming alcohol as it may worsen the infection
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You are applying Epicin Ointment on a cut, open wounds, broken or damaged skin, or on a larger skin area.
- You are also applying other topical medicines (Ointment, Ointment, lotion, etc).
- Do not use this Ointment for a longer duration without proper medical guidance.
- Avoid getting any medicine into your eyes, nose, mouth. In case of such exposure, you should wash the affected part thoroughly with water.
Mode of Action of Epicin 2 %
How Does It Work?
Mupirocin works by preventing the growth of bacteria, eventually killing them and prohibiting them from making protein.
Directions for Use of Epicin 2 %
- Epicin Ointment should be used as directed by your doctor.
- It is meant for external use only.
- Read the instructions on the label before use.
- Clean the affected area and let it dry.
- Apply it on a healthy skin surface free from cuts and wounds.
- Wash your hands before and after using this Ointment unless your hands are the area to be treated.
- In case your eyes come in contact with this medicine, rinse your eyes with clean water immediately.
Interactions of Epicin 2 %
Interactions with other medicines
Since Epicin Ointment is applied externally on the skin, thus it is less likely to interact with other medicines taken orally. However, it may interact with another topically applied Ointment, lotion and gel. Discuss with your doctor if you are already on another topical gel or Ointment....
Storage and disposal of Epicin 2 %
- Store Epicin Ointment at room temperature in a cool and dry place.
- Protect it from direct sunlight, heat and moisture.
- Do not freeze
- Keep it away from children and pets.
Dosage of Epicin 2 %
As Epicin Ointment is to be applied externally on the skin, cases of overdose are unlikely. However, upon accidental ingestion, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital. If you have applied this Ointment in excess, wipe out the excess with tissue or cotton....
Missed a Dose
If you have missed applying Epicin Ointment, apply it as soon as possible. Do not over-apply this medicine to compensate for the missed application.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can Epicin Ointment be used for fungal infections?
A: Epicin Ointment is used to treat bacterial skin infections and may not be effective against fungal infections. Avoid self-medicating & consult a doctor before using any medicine.
Q: Does Epicin Ointment contain a steroid?
A: No, Epicin Ointment does not contain a steroid. It contains mupirocin, which is a topical antibiotic.
- CDSCO - Mupirocin [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2022 [cited 9 May 2022]
- Bactroban Ointment 2% - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 9 May 2022]
- Bactroban Ointment 2% - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 9 May 2022]
Expires on or After
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.