Eldoper Plus Tablets
Eldoper Plus Tablets Description
Eldoper Plus tablet is used to treat acute diarrhoea caused due to food poisoning and viral infections in adult patients. It is an anti-diarrheal medicine comprising loperamide and simethicone. This
medicine should be used under medical prescription, and for the duration, it is prescribed. Inform your doctor if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or breastfeeding, and about all the medicines and supplements you take and all the conditions or diseases you suffer from, before starting this medicine.
Uses of Eldoper Plus Tablets
Contraindications of Eldoper Plus Tablets
- If you are allergic to this tablet or develop complaints regarding allergy after starting the Eldoper Plus tablet.
- If you already suffer from constipation or develop it during treatment with this tablet
- If there is unexplained swelling of the abdomen during or before treatment which does not get relieved on its own
- If you suffer from diarrhoea with blood in stools, severe pain and cramps in the abdomen.
Side effects of Eldoper Plus Tablets
- Stomach discomfort
- Constipation, gas
- Dryness of mouth
Precautions and Warnings of Eldoper Plus Tablets
Other General Warnings
- You have problems with your liver or heart or any other pre-existing medical condition.
- You have asthma or urinary tract inflammations
- You have acidity, vertigo, decreased sleep or any psychiatric illness
- You feel there is no improvement within 48 hrs, or your symptoms worsen
- You should let the doctor or the laboratory person know that you are using Eldoper Plus tablets while going for a lab test, as this medicine may interfere with the lab tests
- More use of this tablet than the recommended dose can result in disorders related to heart rate, unconsciousness, and heart attack. This can also happen if you are taking medicines that increase the level of Eldoper Plus in blood by decreasing its systematic breakdown in the body...
- Eldoper Plus tablet is not recommended for children.
Mode of Action of Eldoper Plus Tablets
How Does It Work?
- Eldoper plus tablet gives relief in diarrhoea by the action of its components: Loperamide & Simethicone
- Loperamide acts on the internal intestinal lining and reduces intestinal movement. Thus the food movement in the intestine is slowed down, and this makes way for more water and salts to get absorbed that are lost in each episode of loose stools. It also relieves the feeling of the urgency of passing stools and increases control over defecation...
- Simethicone breaks down the gas bubbles and foam formed in the intestine. This helps in relieving abdominal discomfort and easy passage for gas
Directions for Use of Eldoper Plus Tablets
Interactions of Eldoper Plus Tablets
Interactions with other medicines
- Eldoper Plus tablet may interact with other medications and provide an altered response to the treatment. Please notify your doctor if you are undergoing any other treatments, over-the-counter medications (that you buy without a prescription) and herbal preparations. Also, you should inform your doctor if you have a planned surgery or vaccination scheduled....
- Concomitant use of Eldoper Plus tablet along with medicines such as Ritonavir (used in HIV infection), Quinidine (used in malaria and some heart condition), Ketoconazole (anti-fungal), and Erdafitinib (used in cancer) may alter the effects of this tablet....
- Concomitant use of this tablet with Amiodarone (used in heart disorder), Chlorpromazine (used in psychiatric illness), Moxifloxacin, (an antibiotic), Pentamidine, (an antimicrobial), and Methadone (a pain killer) should be practised cautiously....
- Other medicines like Gemfibrozil, Desmopressin, Ipratropium, Eluxadoline, Hyoscine, and Fentanyl should be used with caution along with Eldoper Plus tablets.
Interactions with food items
Storage and disposal of Eldoper Plus Tablets
Dosage of Eldoper Plus Tablets
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Is Eldoper Plus tablet an antibiotic?
Q: How much time does it take for Eldoper Plus to work?
Q: For how long does the effect of a single dose of Eldoper Plus last?
Q: For how long should I take Eldoper Plus?
Q: Is Eldoper Plus tablet habit forming?
Q: Can I take Eldoper Plus tablet with pain killers?
Q: Can Eldoper Plus tablet be used with Rifagut 400?
Q: Can probiotics be taken along with Eldoper Plus tablet?
Q: Can Eldoper Plus tablet be used in children?
- DailyMed - BASIC CARE LOPERAMIDE HYDROCHLORIDE AND SIMETHICONE- loperamide hydrochloride, simethicone tablet [Internet]. Dailymed.nlm.nih.gov. 2021 [cited 1 September 2021]
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 1 Sept 2021]
- loperamide-simethicone oral [Internet]. Webmd.com. 2021 [cited 1 September 2021]
- Loperamide; Simethicone chewable tablets [Internet]. Cleveland Clinic. 2021 [cited 1 September 2021]. Available from: