Drotaflex Mf Tablets
Drotaflex Mf Tablets Description
Drotaflex Mf Tablets is used to provide relief from muscle spasms and pain associated with various conditions. It is a combination of medicine containing drotaverine and mefenamic acid as an active
ingredient. This medicine works by the combined action of both ingredients. Drotaverine is an anti-spasmodic medicine that helps in relieving spasms, and mefenamic acid has anti-inflammatory that helps to relieve pain. You should not take this medicine if you recently had a heart attack, before bypass surgery of heart or if you have or ever had an ulcer in the stomach or intestine. Taking this medicine longer than the prescribed duration or taking it too often may cause undesirable effects. Take this medicine as advised by your doctor. You should take a Drotaflex Mf Tablets with meals to reduce stomach upset.
|You Save||₹9.84 (15% on MRP)|
|Contains||Drotaverine + Mefenamic Acid|
|Uses||Pain and spasm|
|Side effects||Nausea, vomiting, diarrhoea, dry mouth|
Uses of Drotaflex Mf Tablets
Contraindications of Drotaflex Mf Tablets
- If you are allergic to mefenamic acid, drotaverine or any of the ingredients of Drotaflex Mf Tablets .
- If you have a kidney or liver function problem, history of asthma or stomach or intestinal ulcers.
- If you have any blood-related disorders like unusual bleeding and porphyria (related to haemoglobin function).
- If you had a heart attack recently, undergoing a coronary artery bypass graft. Do not take this medicine right before the surgery or after the surgery without consulting a doctor.
Side effects of Drotaflex Mf Tablets
- Dryness in mouth
- Thirsty feeling
Precautions and Warnings of Drotaflex Mf Tablets
Other General Warnings
- You are an elderly person, the chances of getting side effects are more.
- You have a history of any kind of respiratory disorders like asthma.
- You have a liver or kidney function problem.
- You are suffering from fits, tremors or epilepsy.
- You have a heart-related problem or high blood pressure.
- You have a history of heart failure or such episodes.
- You are suffering from ulcers or bleeding in the stomach or intestine.
- You experience allergic reactions upon consumption of Drotaflex Mf Tablets.
- Women may experience infertility. Thus, women who are trying to conceive or taking any fertility treatment should avoid consuming this medicine.
Mode of Action of Drotaflex Mf Tablets
How Does It Work?
- Pain and spasm are experienced due to the production of an inflammatory mediator called prostaglandin and due to reduced calcium levels. Drotaflex Mf Tablets helps in relieving such symptoms due to the combined action of its constituents....
- Drotaverine acts by inhibiting an enzyme which reduces calcium uptake by the cells, thereby correcting the calcium levels in the body it reduces the spasms in the smooth muscles. Mefenamic acid inhibits the synthesis of prostaglandins which is responsible for pain....
Directions for Use of Drotaflex Mf Tablets
Interactions of Drotaflex Mf Tablets
Interactions with other medicines
- Certain medicines can affect the way Drotaflex Mf Tablets works or Drotaflex Mf Tablets itself can affect the action of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Concomitant use of medicines used to treat blood pressure like Aliskiren, Captopril and Valsartan should be avoided.
- Blood thinners such as Warfarin should be used cautiously with Drotaflex Mf Tablets as there is increased risk of bleeding.
- Drotaflex Mf Tablets should not be taken along with other pain killers or analgesic medicines.
- Drotaflex Mf Tablets can aggravate the blood-glucose-lowering action of anti-diabetic medicines, and you may experience symptoms of low blood sugar.
- Water pills, Cyclosporin, and Tacrolimus if taken along with Drotaflex Mf Tablets can increase the risk of toxicity to kidneys.
- There is an increased risk of bleeding and ulceration if Drotaflex Mf Tablets is taken along with steroids and certain medicines used for mental illness.
- Other medicines like Prednisone, Methotrexate, Fluconazole, Zidovudine, Digoxin, Probenecid, and certain antibiotics should be used cautiously.
Storage and disposal of Drotaflex Mf Tablets
- Store at room temperature in a cool and dry place.
- Keep this medicine out of the reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Drotaflex Mf Tablets
Missed a Dose
Dr. Mansi Savla
B. Pharm, PharmD
Dr. Ritu Budania
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Any precautions do I need to take after taking this medicine?
Q: Can Drotaflex Mf Tablets be used for menstrual cramps?
Q: Can I take Drotaflex Mf Tablets while breastfeeding?
Q: Can we take Drotaflex Mf Tablets in an empty stomach?
Q: How long does it take for Drotaflex Mf Tablets to show its effect?
Q: How many times Drotaflex Mf Tablets can be taken in a day?
- Drotaverine: Uses, Interactions, Mechanism of Action | DrugBank Online [Internet]. Drugbank.ca. 2022 [cited 22 June 2022]
- Ponstan Capsules 250mg - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 22 June 2022]
- Drotaverine HCL-Mefenamic Acid-DROTAFIX Tablet [Internet]. Bionova.co.in. 2022 [cited 22 June 2022]
- Ponstan Capsules 250mg - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 22 June 2022]