Clozam 5mg Tablet
By ABBOTT HEALTHCARE PVT LTD
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
We do not sell this product
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Clozam Tablet is therapeutically classified as an antiepileptic medicine with Clobazam as its active ingredient. Clozam is prescribed to treat epileptic seizures, panic disorders and severe anxiety. Clozam Tablet should be taken as prescribed by your doctor. The duration and dose of Clozam Tablet vary depending on the patient’s condition and age. Clozam Tablet has a habit-forming potential and may cause physical dependence and hence should not be stopped suddenly without consulting your doctor. There may be some minor to serious side effects of Clozam. It is advised to consult your doctor before starting treatment with Clozam Tablet and get complete information on its potential side effects and benefits....
|You Save||₹57.60 (18% on MRP)|
|Best Offer||Use Code: 18SAVE & get 18% discount|
|Uses||Epilepsy, Anxiety Disorder, Panic Attacks|
|Side effects||Drowsiness, dizziness, increased salivary secretion, frequent urination, changes in sexual drive, blurred vision|
Check more medicines with composition as Clobazam(5.0 Mg)
Uses of Clozam 5 MG
- Treatment of Generalised anxiety disorder (excessive thoughts of fear or anxiety that are difficult to control)
- Management of Panic attacks (sudden episodes of intense fear or anxiety)
- Epileptic seizures or epilepsy (sudden jerky movements and rigidity of muscles)
Contraindications of Clozam 5 MG
- If you’ve a known allergy to any of the ingredients present in the medicine.
- If you have a history of glaucoma.
- If you have or had been diagnosed with severe liver disease.
Side effects of Clozam 5 MG
- Increased secretion of saliva
- Frequent urination
- Pain in muscles and joints
- Problem in thinking, remembering and coordination
Precautions and Warnings of Clozam 5 MG
Can I take Clozam Tablet during pregnancy?
No, Clozam Tablet is not safe to be taken during pregnancy as it is known to cause harm to the developing foetus. However, if you are pregnant or planning a pregnancy while taking Clozam Tablet, consult your doctor immediately
Can I take Clozam Tablet while breastfeeding?
Avoid taking Clozam Tablet while breastfeeding as it is found to be excreted in breast milk. It is advised to consult your doctor before starting any medication. If you notice your child sleeping more than usual or is facing any breathing difficulty, or difficulty to feeding, immediately consult your doctor.
Can I drive if I have taken Clozam Tablet?
No, it is not safe to drive when taking Clozam Tablet as it is known to cause mental and physical impairment. It may induce sleepiness, dizziness, confusion and impair your ability to think and concentrate, and hence not recommended to drive a vehicle when under this medication.
Can I consume alcohol with the Clozam Tablet?
No, alcohol must be avoided with Clozam Tablet as it induces sleepiness and may develop side effects that can be life-threatening.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You are pregnant, are planning a pregnancy, or you conceive during the course of medication.
- You develop self-harming or suicidal thoughts after taking Clozam Tablet. Caretakers should be vigilant of any such changes in behaviour.
- You experience symptoms that persist or become worse in time.
- You experience unusual ringing in the ears, problems falling asleep, tingling sensations in your hands and feet, or any discomfort that does not go away, immediately consult your doctor or the nearest emergency hospital....
- You are currently taking any other medicine, be it prescription or herbal.
Mode of Action of Clozam 5 MG
How Does It Work?
Clozam Tablet contains Clobazam as an active ingredient. Clobazam is a benzodiazepine or tranquilliser. It acts by increasing the level of a relaxing chemical called GABA(gamma-Aminobutyric Acid) in the brain. GABA (gamma-Aminobutyric Acid) is a chemical messenger that produces a feeling of calmness. Sometimes sudden chemical changes occur that reduce GABA below normal and increase the brain's electrical activity, causing fits called epileptic seizures. Clobazam, the active ingredient in Clozam Tablet, increases the level of GABA, calms the brain and body, and relieves anxiety, panic, and epileptic seizures....
Directions for Use of Clozam 5 MG
- Clozam Tablet must be taken as per the doctor’s prescription.
- Clozam Tablet can be taken with or without food.
- Make sure to swallow the Clozam Tablet as a whole and do not chew, crush or break it.
- Clozam Tablets must be taken at the same time as per prescription to ensure better efficacy and benefits.
Interactions of Clozam 5 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Anti Anxiety medicines, such as diazepam and alprazolam; antiparkinson medicines, like levodopa, may increase the risk of adverse effects with Clozam Tablet.
- CNS Depressant medicines may cause excessive sleepiness and lead to coma when taken with Clozam Tablet.
- Anti-HIV medicines, such as ritonavir; acidity medicines, such as cimetidine; anti-tuberculosis medicines, such as rifampicin, may increase the amount of this medicine in the blood and cause overdose symptoms....
- Anti-asthmatics, such as theophylline, when taken with Clozam Tablet, may become ineffective and not provide comprehensive benefit.
Interactions with food items
- Avoid having grapefruit or its juice with Clozam Tablet as it can lead to an increase in levels of Clobazam in blood and cause symptoms of overdose of this medicine.
Storage and disposal of Clozam 5 MG
Clozam Tablet must be stored in a dry place, away from sunlight, at room temperature, away from the reach of children. It must be disposed of so that it is out of reach of children and cannot be consumed by pets....
Dosage of Clozam 5 MG
Symptoms of an overdose of Clozam Tablet can include increased confusion, drowsiness and even coma. If you happen to take too much of the Clozam Tablet, reach out to your doctor or the nearest hospital immediately....
Missed a Dose
Clozam Tablet must be taken as prescribed by your doctor. If you have missed a dose of Clozam Tablet, take it immediately when you remember it. However, you should skip the missed dose if enough time has passed and it is time for your next dose. Do not take a double dose of Clozam Tablet to make up for the missed dose. This may lead to overdosing....
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can I stop taking Clozam Tablet suddenly?
A: No, you should not stop taking Clozam Tablet suddenly without consulting your doctor. It may cause withdrawal symptoms like mood changes, depression, anxiety, disturbed sleep, confusion, sweating and new or worsening of the existing seizure.
Q: Can I give Clozam Tablets to children?
A: No, the efficacy and safety of Clozam tablets has not been established in children, and therefore you must not give this medicine to children.
Q: What other precautions should I take while taking Clozam Tablets?
A: If you are taking Clozam tablets and need to undergo any surgical treatment, talk to your doctor about it. Your dentist must know that you take Clozam tablets to avoid prescribing any medicine that is known to interact and cause adverse effects.
Country of Origin
Expires on or After
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.