Clozam 5mg Tablet
Clozam 5 MG Description
Clozam Tablet is therapeutically classified as an antiepileptic medicine with Clobazam as its active ingredient. Clozam is prescribed to treat epileptic seizures, panic disorders and severe anxiety.
Clozam Tablet should be taken as prescribed by your doctor. The duration and dose of Clozam Tablet vary depending on the patient’s condition and age. Clozam Tablet has a habit-forming potential and may cause physical dependence and hence should not be stopped suddenly without consulting your doctor. There may be some minor to serious side effects of Clozam. It is advised to consult your doctor before starting treatment with Clozam Tablet and get complete information on its potential side effects and benefits.
|₹44.80 (14% on MRP)
|Epilepsy, Anxiety Disorder, Panic Attacks
|Drowsiness, dizziness, increased salivary secretion, frequent urination, changes in sexual drive, blurred vision
Uses of Clozam 5 MG
- Treatment of Generalised anxiety disorder (excessive thoughts of fear or anxiety that are difficult to control)
- Management of Panic attacks (sudden episodes of intense fear or anxiety)
- Epileptic seizures or epilepsy (sudden jerky movements and rigidity of muscles)
Contraindications of Clozam 5 MG
- If you’ve a known allergy to any of the ingredients present in the medicine.
- If you have a history of glaucoma.
- If you have or had been diagnosed with severe liver disease.
Side effects of Clozam 5 MG
- Increased secretion of saliva
- Frequent urination
- Pain in muscles and joints
- Problem in thinking, remembering and coordination
Precautions and Warnings of Clozam 5 MG
Other General Warnings
- You are pregnant, are planning a pregnancy, or you conceive during the course of medication.
- You develop self-harming or suicidal thoughts after taking Clozam Tablet. Caretakers should be vigilant of any such changes in behaviour.
- You experience symptoms that persist or become worse in time.
- You experience unusual ringing in the ears, problems falling asleep, tingling sensations in your hands and feet, or any discomfort that does not go away, immediately consult your doctor or the nearest emergency hospital....
- You are currently taking any other medicine, be it prescription or herbal.
Mode of Action of Clozam 5 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Clozam 5 MG
- Clozam Tablet must be taken as per the doctor’s prescription.
- Clozam Tablet can be taken with or without food.
- Make sure to swallow the Clozam Tablet as a whole and do not chew, crush or break it.
- Clozam Tablets must be taken at the same time as per prescription to ensure better efficacy and benefits.
Interactions of Clozam 5 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Anti Anxiety medicines, such as diazepam and alprazolam; antiparkinson medicines, like levodopa, may increase the risk of adverse effects with Clozam Tablet.
- CNS Depressant medicines may cause excessive sleepiness and lead to coma when taken with Clozam Tablet.
- Anti-HIV medicines, such as ritonavir; acidity medicines, such as cimetidine; anti-tuberculosis medicines, such as rifampicin, may increase the amount of this medicine in the blood and cause overdose symptoms....
- Anti-asthmatics, such as theophylline, when taken with Clozam Tablet, may become ineffective and not provide comprehensive benefit.
Interactions with food items
- Avoid having grapefruit or its juice with Clozam Tablet as it can lead to an increase in levels of Clobazam in blood and cause symptoms of overdose of this medicine.