Cilacar 5mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
By J B CHEMICALS AND PHARMACEUTICALS
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
10 Brand Options Available
Save Upto 8% more
Certified by Doctors
30 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Cilnidipine belongs to a class of medicines called antihypertensives. It blocks the calcium channels on the blood vessels and nerve endings thereby controlling the increased blood pressure. This medicine is not recommended if you have heart-related diseases or have had a recent episode of a heart attack. This medicine should be kept away from the reach of children. Consume the tablet only on and as per recommendation by your doctor. Certain commonly noted side effects after taking this medicine are headache, dizziness, weakness, muscle pain, swelling on the legs. These side effects are usually mild and short-lived. Please inform your doctor about all your medical conditions before taking this medicine.
Uses of Cilacar 5mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
It is used to treat mild to moderate high blood pressure.
Contraindications of Cilacar 5mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- If you are allergic to this medicine or any of the ingredient of this medicine.
- If you have unstable chest pain.
- If you recently had a heart attack.
- If you experience low blood pressure.
- If you have a condition where the valve between the left ventricle and aorta is narrow (Aortic stenosis).
Side effects of Cilacar 5mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Swelling on legs
- Lack of energy
- Muscular pain
- Increased frequency of urination
- Irregular heartbeat
- Hot flushes (warmth feeling over face, neck and chest)
Precautions and Warnings of Cilacar 5mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Can I take Cilacar Tablet during pregnancy?
The safety of this medicine is not established in pregnant women, thus avoid using Cilacar tablets if you are pregnant. Inform your doctor if you happen to get pregnant while on this medicine.
Can I take Cilacar Tablet while breastfeeding?
Tell your doctor if you are breastfeeding, as no information is available on the use of this medicine in breastfeeding.
Can I drive if I have consumed Cilacar Tablet?
No information is available on the ability to drive or use machines. However, if you observe or experience any side effects like dizziness, discomfort, or drowsiness, it is advised not to drive or operate any machines. Contact your doctor for further information.
Can I consume alcohol with Cilacar Tablet?
It is recommended that you do not drink alcohol as alcohol may lower your blood pressure all the more causing serious adverse effects. If you are a person suffering from high blood pressure drinking alcohol will only increase your risk for developing other heart-related problems.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have low blood pressure (hypotension).
- You had heart failure.
- You feel chest pain after taking this medicine.
- You feel dizziness while getting up.
Mode of Action of Cilacar 5mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
How Does It Work?
It acts by relaxing the blood vessels and improves the blood flow, hence reduces stress on the heart and lowers blood pressure.
Directions for Use of Cilacar 5mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Swallow this medicine as a whole with a glass of water.
- Take this medicine every day at the same time.
- Do not take it if the tablet is expired.
Interactions of Cilacar 5mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Interactions with other medicines
- Medicines used to treat tuberculosis (Rifampicin).
- Medicines used to treat schizophrenia (antipsychotic).
- Medicines used to treat fits (epilepsy), like Phenytoin, Carbamazepine.
- Medicines used to treat heart conditions (Quinidine).
- Medicines used to treat some cancers (Aldesleukin).
- Antibiotics like Erythromycin.
- Any other medicines used to treat hypertension (antihypertensive).
Storage and disposal of Cilacar 5mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Store this tablet in a tightly-closed container to protect it from light and heat at room temperature.
- Keep out of the reach of children and pets.
- If this tablet is passed its expiry date or has been not used for a long time, please dispose of the medicine appropriately.
Dosage of Cilacar 5mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
If you think you have taken too much of this medicine, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital.
Missed a Dose
- If you missed any dose of the medicine, take it as soon as you remember.
- If it's time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule.
- Do not take a double dose of medicine to compensate for the missed one.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What precautions do I need to take before taking this medicine?
- Inform the doctor about your detailed medical & surgical history.
- Inform your doctor if you have any liver or kidney disease.
- Inform your doctor if you are pregnant, breastfeeding or planning to have a baby.
Q: Can I stop the medication of Cilnidipine if I feel better?
A: No, you should not stop taking this medicine all of a sudden on your own, as this may cause chest pain or heart problems. If you are not able to tolerate this medicine, contact your doctor and explain the same. Your doctor will gradually decrease the dose and stop this medicine and shift you to another medication if he or she perceives it appropriate.
Q: I am a diabetic. Why am I asked to regularly monitor my blood sugar levels while I am taking this tablet?
A: As you are a diabetic and you might be taking medicines to control your blood sugar levels thus, concomitant use of Cilacar 5mg tablet may fluctuate your blood sugar levels thus close monitoring of blood sugar levels is recommended in such case.
Q: Can you suggest some lifestyle modifications to control my high blood pressure?
A: Along with medicine, lifestyle changes that include your diet and physical activity play a vital role in the successful management of raised blood pressure. You should cut down on quantities of salt and sugar. Avoid eating nonvegetarian food especially in fried form. Avoid eating junk and fried food, processed food. Avoid caffeinated drinks, soda and carbonated beverages. Eat green leafy vegetables. Eat red fruits like pomegranate. Eat fresh food daily. Make sure you exercise at least 30 mins a day. Make sure you get sound sleep. Stop smoking and drinking alcohol. Keep yourself stress fresh. Monitor your blood pressure levels daily.
Other Products from this Brand
Last Updated on: 24 Mar 2021 | 08:16 AM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
Offers Just for you
Flat 20% off + 20% cashback on your 1st medicine order
Flat 20% off + 20% cashback on all medicines + Myntra voucher worth Rs.250
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved