Celira 100mg Capsules
Celira 100 MG Description
Celira Capsule is a pain-relieving medicine. It is used for the treatment of rheumatoid arthritis, osteoarthritis, painful menstruation and other acute painful conditions in adults. It contains celec
oxib as an active ingredient. Celira Capsule blocks the formation of a chemical prostaglandin, responsible for the sensation of pain, swelling and inflammation. It must be taken as directed by the doctor and in doses and duration as prescribed. Taken with or without food. Before initiating treatment with the medicine you should let the doctor know if you smoke, have diabetes, blood clotting problem, heart condition, or pregnant or breastfeeding etc.
Uses of Celira 100 MG
- Celira Capsule is used for the treatment of rheumatoid arthritis and osteoarthritis.
- It is effective in pain management and provides pain relief during painful menstruation.
Contraindications of Celira 100 MG
- If you are allergic to celecoxib or other ingredients of Celira Capsule.
- If you are allergic to sulfonamides. If not sure about which are these medicines, ask the doctor.
- You may suffer from ulcers in the stomach or intestines or gastrointestinal bleeding.
- You may have problems with the kidney, liver, intestine or heart.
- You may have a blood circulation problem, conditions that affect the blood vessels of the brain.
- You may experience side effect like wheezing, asthma after taking other pain medications like aspirin and ibuprofen in the past.
- If you are pregnant or breastfeeding. Women of childbearing age must not use the medicine unless using an effective method of contraception.
Side effects of Celira 100 MG
Precautions and Warnings of Celira 100 MG
- Celira Capsule must not be used during pregnancy, as it may be unsafe. If you become pregnant while taking the medicine, inform the doctor immediately he/she may ask you to discontinue the treatment and switch you to a safer alternative. If you are a woman of childbearing age, ensure you use effective contraception when you are on treatment the medicine....
Other General Warnings
- You may develop allergic reaction after taking Celira Capsule.
- You had ulcers or bleeding in your stomach or intestine.
- You are using a pain-relieving medicine.
- You are on medications like aspirin, blood thinners like warfarin, steroids.
- You are dehydrated, have diarrhoea.
- You may have problems with the heart, liver or kidneys.
- You may suffer from fluid retention or swelling.
- You may have diabetes, high blood pressure, high cholesterol.
- You are 65 years or above.
- You may experience skin reactions following the use of the medicine.
- You consume alcohol regularly or you smoke.
- You are planning a pregnancy or pregnant or breastfeeding.
- Celira Capsule is not recommended for use in children.
Mode of Action of Celira 100 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Celira 100 MG
Interactions of Celira 100 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Celira Capsule affect the way certain medicines work or other medicines affect the way Celira Capsule works if taken at the same time.
- Before initiating the treatment tell the doctor about the medicines, supplements or herbals you are taking or might take to avoid possible interaction.
- Taking medicines for high blood pressure, diabetes, immunomodulators, etc.
- Concomitant use of steroids, warfarin or aspirin may increase the chances of bleeding in elderly patients.
- Avoid taking other pain killers along with the medicine as it increases the chance of bleeding in the stomach.
- Other medicines like medicine used to treat cough like dextromethorphan, antifungals like fluconazole and medicines used to treat mental illness like carbamazepine and neuroleptics must be used cautiously....
Storage and disposal of Celira 100 MG
- Store Celira Capsule below 30°C at a cool and dry place.
- Keep it away from children and pets.
Dosage of Celira 100 MG
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What information should I let my healthcare provider know before taking Celira Capsule?
Q: Can Celira Capsule be given to children?
Q: Is Celira Capsule an antibiotic?
- Celecoxib 200mg capsules - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 2 June 2021]
- Celecoxib 200mg capsules - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 2 June 2021]
- CDSCO - Celecoxib [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 5 May 2021]