Carnivit 500mg Tablet
By RANBAXY LABORATORIES (SUN PHARMA)
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
7 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Carnivit 500 MG Description
Carnivit Tablet is used in the treatment of Carnitine deficiency. It contains levocarnitine (also called L-Carnitine or carnitine) as its main component. Carnivit Tablet should be taken as directed b
y the doctor and in doses and duration as prescribed. Inform your doctor if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or breastfeeding and about all the medicines and supplements you take and all the conditions or diseases you suffer from, before starting this medicine.
|You Save||₹21.98 (15% on MRP)|
|Contains||L-Carnitine / Levocarnitine / Carnitine(500.0 Mg)|
|Side effects||Nausea, vomiting, diarrhoea|
Check more medicines with composition as L-Carnitine / Levocarnitine / Carnitine(500.0 Mg)
4 Brand Alternate(s)
Contains same composition as Carnivit 500mg Tablet
- Carnimac 500mg TabletBy Macleods Pharmaceuticals10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 235.00₹ 235.00₹ 23.5/Tablet
- Vernace Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Sun Pharma10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 156.00₹ 132.60₹ 13.26/Tablet
- Carnisure 500mg TabletBy Torrent Pharmaceuticals Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 368.50₹ 313.22₹ 31.32/Tablet
- Nucarnit 500mg TabletBy Emcure Pharmaceuticals Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 366.75₹ 311.74₹ 31.17/Tablet
Uses of Carnivit 500 MG
Carnivit Tablet is used for the treatment of Carnitine deficiency.
Contraindications of Carnivit 500 MG
If you are allergic to levocarnitine or any other ingredients of Carnivit Tablet
Side effects of Carnivit 500 MG
- Stomach cramps
Precautions and Warnings of Carnivit 500 MG
Can I take Carnivit Tablet during pregnancy?
Consult your doctor before using Carnivit Tablet during pregnancy as limited safety data is available in pregnant women. Your doctor will only prescribe you this medicine if considered essential after assessing the benefits over risks.
Can I take a Carnivit Tablet while breastfeeding?
Consult your doctor before using Carnivit Tablet while breastfeeding as limited safety data is available in lactating women.
Can I drive if I have consumed Carnivit Tablet?
No known information about the effects of the Carnivit Tablet on driving, consult your doctor.
Can I consume alcohol with a Carnivit Tablet?
Although there is no known interaction with alcohol and Carnivit Tablet, it is essential to consult your physician if you have a habit of consuming alcohol regularly.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have problems with your kidneys or are on dialysis
- You are taking any blood thinners like warfarin, heparin, etc to reduce blood clots
- You have diabetes and are on treatment for the same
- You are on a diet
Mode of Action of Carnivit 500 MG
How Does It Work?
Levocarnitine works by increasing the levels of carnitine in your body.
Directions for Use of Carnivit 500 MG
- Carnivit Tablet should be taken as directed by your doctor.
- Swallow it whole with a glass of water, do not cut, break or chew the medicine.
- It would be best if you took it at a fixed time for optimal results.
- You should not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor.
Interactions of Carnivit 500 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Carnivit Tablet works, or this medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements, or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction. Especially if you are taking blood-thinning medicines such as warfarin....
Storage and disposal of Carnivit 500 MG
- Store Carnivit Tablets at room temperature in a clean and dry place.
- Keep away from children and pets.
Dosage of Carnivit 500 MG
If you experience any of the symptoms or think you have taken too much of Carnivit Tablets, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital.
Missed a Dose
- If you have missed taking any dose of Carnivit Tablet, take it as soon as you remember.
- If it's time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dose
- Do not take a double dose of medicine to compensate for the missed one.
Dr. Mansi Savla
B. Pharm, PharmD
Dr. Ritu Budania
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What is Carnivit Tablet used for?
A: Carnivit Tablet is used for the treatment of Carnitine deficiency.
Q: How long to take Carnivit Tablet?
A: The dose and duration of Carnivit Tablet will depend on the response to treatment. Follow your doctor's instructions and do not stop taking this medicine on your own.
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 12 May 2022]
- Carnitor 1 g Chewable Tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 12 May 2022]
- Carnitor 1 g Chewable Tablets - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 12 May 2022]
- CARNITOR- levocarnitine tablet [Internet]. Dailymed.nlm.nih.gov. 2021 [cited 12 May 2022]
Expires on or After
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed