10 Capsule(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
Non ReturnableRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Ampiclox Capsule Description
Ampiclox capsule is an antibiotic medicine used to treat bacterial infections of the nose, ear, throat, airways, lungs and bone. It contains a combination of ampicillin and cloxacillin as active subs
tances that works by stopping the growth of infection-causing bacteria. You should take this medicine in the exact dose and duration as prescribed by your doctor. You should always complete the entire course of treatment of antibiotics as incomplete treatment may result in incomplete removal of the infection-causing bacteria from the body. Inform your doctor, if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or are breastfeeding before starting this medicine.
|You Save||₹11.25 (15% on MRP)|
|Contains||Cloxacillin(250.0 Mg) + Ampicillin(250.0 Mg)|
|Side effects||Headache, nausea, itching, skin rash|
Check more medicines with composition as Cloxacillin(250.0 Mg) + Ampicillin(250.0 Mg)
1 Brand Alternate(s)
Contains same composition as Ampiclox Capsule
- Ampoxin 500mg Strip Of 15 CapsulesBy Torrent Pharmaceuticals Ltd15 Capsule(s) in StripMRP 97.70₹ 83.0413.17% CHEAPER₹ 5.54/Capsule
Uses of Ampiclox Capsule
Ampiclox capsule is used for the treatment of bacterial infections of the nose, ear, throat, airways, lungs and bone.
Contraindications of Ampiclox Capsule
- If you are allergic to ampicillin, cloxacillin or any other ingredient of Ampiclox capsule.
- If you are allergic to beta-lactam antibiotics like penicillin and cephalosporins. If you are not sure what these medicines are, please confirm with your doctor.
Side effects of Ampiclox Capsule
Precautions and Warnings of Ampiclox Capsule
Can I take Ampiclox Capsule during pregnancy?
There is limited information about the effect of Ampiclox capsule during pregnancy. Ampiclox capsule should only be used in pregnant women if recommended by the doctor.
Can I take Ampiclox Capsule while breastfeeding?
No information is available if Ampiclox capsule passes into human breast milk. Ampiclox capsule should only be used in breastfeeding women if recommended by the doctor.
Can I drive if I have consumed Ampiclox Capsule?
Ampiclox capsule does not have any effect on driving ability. If you experience any side effects after taking this medicine that may affect your ability to drive safely, it is suggested to avoid driving.
Can I consume alcohol with Ampiclox Capsule?
Limited information is available on the interaction of alcohol with Ampiclox capsule. Ask your doctor for advice on alcohol intake along with Ampiclox capsule.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have a history of allergy to beta-lactam antibiotics like penicillins and cephalosporins.
- You experience allergic reactions and skin rashes after taking this medicine.
- You have kidney problems.
Mode of Action of Ampiclox Capsule
How Does It Work?
- Ampiclox capsule contains ampicillin and cloxacillin as active substances.
- Both ampicillin and cloxacillin bind to certain proteins called penicillin-binding proteins (PBPs) and prevent the formation of the bacterial cell wall. This results in the death of infection-causing bacteria....
Directions for Use of Ampiclox Capsule
- Take Ampiclox capsule as a whole with sufficient water.
- Do not chew, crush or break it.
- Always take this medicine exactly as prescribed by your doctor.
- Do not consume more than the prescribed dose.
Interactions of Ampiclox Capsule
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Ampiclox capsule works or Ampiclox capsule itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Inform your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction.
- Particular care should be taken when taking medicines for treating gout (probenecid, allopurinol), birth control (ethinyl estradiol), pain/fever (aspirin), bacterial infections (sulphonamides).
Storage and disposal of Ampiclox Capsule
- Store Ampiclox capsule in a cool and dry place below 25°C, away from direct sunlight.
- Keep out of reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Ampiclox Capsule
Symptoms of overdose of Ampiclox capsule include nausea, vomiting and diarrhoea. If you think you have taken too much Ampiclox capsule, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital.
Missed a Dose
If you have missed taking any dose of the Ampiclox capsule, then take it as soon as you remember. If it's time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose of this medicine to compensate for the missed one....
Dr. Mansi Savla
B. Pharm, PharmD
Dr. Ritu Budania
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: For how long do I need to take Ampiclox capsule?
A: You have to take Ampiclox capsule for the complete course as prescribed by your doctor. If you do not complete the course, some bacteria will still be alive in your system which can lead to these bacteria becoming resistant to antibiotics. To ensure complete and effective treatment, take the medicine for the full course even if you start feeling better midway.
Q: Can I take Ampiclox capsule for cold and flu as well?
A: No, you cannot take Ampiclox capsule for treating cold and flu. This medicine is specific for treating bacterial infections while cold and flu are caused by viruses. So, taking this medicine in such conditions may lead to antibiotic resistance.
Q: Can the use of Ampiclox capsule cause diarrhoea?
A: Diarrhoea is one of the common side effects an individual may experience while on treatment with Ampiclox capsule. If you experience such symptoms, it is advised to keep yourself hydrated.
Q: When should I take Ampiclox capsule?
A: Ampiclox capsule should be taken about 30 minutes to one hour before meals. However, you should always take this medicine as prescribed by your doctor.
Q: What is Ampiclox capsule used for?
A: Ampiclox capsule is used for the treatment of bacterial infections of the nose, ear, throat, airways, lungs and bone.
Q: Is Ampiclox capsule and amoxicillin the same?
A: No, Ampiclox capsule and amoxicillin are not the same. Ampiclox capsule is an antibiotic that contains a combination of ampicillin and cloxacillin. Amoxicillin is also an antibiotic that is similar in its structure and mode of action to Ampiclox capsule. Both amoxicillin and Ampiclox capsule are used for the treatment of bacterial infections.
Q: How many Ampiclox capsules can I take in a day?
A: You should take Ampiclox capsule exactly as recommended by your doctor. Do not take more of this medicine or for longer durations than prescribed.
Expires on or After
Other Products from this Brand
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed