Akt Fd Kit
3 Tablet(s) in Strip
We do not sell this product
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Akt FD Kit is a combination of four medicines - Rifampicin, Isoniazid, Pyrazinamide, and Ethambutol. It is used to treat tuberculosis. Akt FD Kit should be taken at a dose and for a duration as prescribed by the doctor. The medicine is ideally taken on an empty stomach. If you are taking an antacid, take the tablet an hour before taking the antacid. Akt FD Kit should be continued for the complete duration without missing a dose. Sudden discontinuation of the medicine will increase the severity of the disease and decrease the potency of the medicine. Some side effects of the medicine are nausea, vomiting, fever, discolouration of urine and sweat, yellowish discolouration of skin and eyes. Most side effects are mild and shouldn’t affect your day-to-day life. However, if these effects bother you, you should inform your doctor. Inform your doctor about all the medicines you’re taking and the pre-existing medical conditions. This medicine is taken with caution in people with liver and kidney diseases. It is avoided in people with gout (a condition where there is swelling and redness of the joints). Pregnant and breastfeeding females should take this medicine only after proper consultation with a doctor....
|You Save||₹4.59 (18% on MRP)|
|Best Offer||Use Code: 18SAVE & get 18% discount|
|Contains||Ethambutol(267.0 Mg),Isoniazid(100.0 Mg),Rifampicin(150.0 Mg),Pyrazinamide(500.0 Mg)|
|Side effects||Nausea, vomiting, rash, dark coloured urine, jaundice, optic neuritis|
Check more medicines with composition as Ethambutol(267.0 Mg) + Isoniazid(100.0 Mg) + Rifampicin(150.0 Mg) + Pyrazinamide(500.0 Mg)
Uses of Akt Fd Kit
Contraindications of Akt Fd Kit
- If you have shown allergic reactions to any of its components in the past.
- If you have liver disease.
- If you have Gout.
- If you have diabetes.
- If you have Porphyria (a condition in which one experiences stomach aches, changes in behaviour due to the accumulation of unwanted substances in the body).
- If you have pre-existing kidney diseases.
- Unnecessary exposure to sunlight should be avoided as Akt Fd Kit increases the skin's sensitivity to sunlight.
Side effects of Akt Fd Kit
- Loss of appetite
- Yellowish discolouration of skin or eyes
- Dark-coloured urine
- Change in vision
Precautions and Warnings of Akt Fd Kit
Can I take Akt FD Kit during pregnancy?
You should consult your doctor if you are pregnant and take Akt FD Kit. It is not recommended for those planning to get pregnant in the next three months. Akt Fd kit can cause damage to the liver, which can affect your pregnancy.
Can I take Akt FD Kit while breastfeeding?
Akt FD kit can be used while breastfeeding. The kit's components do not cross the breast milk and will not affect the baby. However, you should be vigilant for symptoms like yellowish discolouration of skin and eyes, poor feeding, lethargy, and fatigue in the baby.
Can I drive if I have taken Akt FD Kit?
You should not drive after taking the Akt Fd kit as it can cause impairment in judgement and blurred vision. The medicine is known to cause optic neuritis, a condition in which there is inflammation of the optic nerve, and it may lead to loss of vision.
Can I consume alcohol with the Akt FD Kit?
You should not consume alcohol with Akt Fd kit because it can exacerbate the side effects like flushing, nausea, chest pain, low blood pressure, and palpitations.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You are on other medicines to prevent any adverse reactions.
- You are taking oral contraceptive pills.
- You wear contact lenses. Rifampicin present in the Akt FD Kit can cause permanent stains on the eyes if a contact lens is used while taking medicine.
- You have any disease related to the eyes.
- You should avoid exposure to sunlight.
- You should monitor your blood sugar levels after taking Akt Fd Kit.
Mode of Action of Akt Fd Kit
How Does It Work?
Akt Fd Kit contains a combination of four medicines- Rifampicin, Isoniazid, pyrazinamide, and ethambutol. Rifampicin acts on a bacterial enzyme (RNA – polymerase) and inhibits it. This bacterial enzyme is involved in replicating the genetic material of the bacteria. Rifampicin inhibits this enzyme, and hence essential proteins are not synthesised, and the bacteria are unable to survive. Isoniazid inhibits the synthesis of the cell wall of the bacteria. An essential component of the cell wall of the bacteria is mycolic acid. Isoniazid inhibits the synthesis of mycolic acid. Pyrazinamide inhibits the enzyme called fatty acid synthase. It prevents the synthesis of new fatty acids and, hence, prevents the bacteria's replication. Ethambutol prevents the formation of the cell wall by inhibiting the synthesis of the cell wall components. Rifampicin, Isoniazid, and pyrazinamide have bactericidal effects, while ethambutol has bacteriostatic effects....
Directions for Use of Akt Fd Kit
- Take this medicine exactly as prescribed by your doctor.
- Do not exceed the recommended dosage.
- If you have any side effects, seek medical help immediately.
- Don’t discontinue using this medication without consulting your physician first.
- Keep the medicines in the container with the lid tightly closed.
Interactions of Akt Fd Kit
Interactions with other medicines
- Anti-epileptics (Carbamazepine, Phenytoin, Valproate) are not eliminated from the body; hence the serum concentration of these medicines increases.
- Antifungals (ketoconazole) do not act efficiently if taken with Akt Fd Kit.
- Xanthines (theophylline) in combination with Akt Fd Kit can cause the toxicity of xanthines.
- Anti Gout medicines like Allopurinol do not work effectively in the presence of Akt Fd Kit.
- Antiarrhythmics (quinidine, mexiletine) are metabolised faster when combined with the Akt Fd Kit.
- Oral contraceptive pills become ineffective when taken with Akt Fd Kit.
- Antidepressants (amitriptyline, nortriptyline) become ineffective when taken with Akt Fd Kit.
- Anticoagulants (warfarin) become ineffective, and bleeding time increases.
- Antibiotics (doxycycline, Ciprofloxacin) are metabolised faster than usual.
- Antithyroid medicines (levothyroxine) should not be combined with Akt Fd Kit as antithyroid medicines become ineffective in the presence of Akt Fd Kit.
- Calcium channel blockers (Nifedipine, Diltiazem, Verapamil) become ineffective in the presence of Akt Fd Kit.
Interactions with food items
- Akt FD kit should be taken on an empty stomach. This is because food decreases the absorption of one of the components of the Akt FD kit, Rifampicin. You should avoid food items rich in tyramine like cheese, beer, red wine, salmon fish, and meat....
Storage and disposal of Akt Fd Kit
Keep this medicine packed in the packet or container it came in. Akt FD Kit should be kept in a cool and dry place, at a temp below 30°C. Store it as per the package or label’s directions. The unused drug must be disposed of with caution. Ensure that this medication is not accessible to children and animals....
Dosage of Akt Fd Kit
Taking more than the recommended dose of Akt Fd Kit can cause blurred vision, drowsiness, unconsciousness, convulsions, confusion, increase in urination, a decrease of respiratory rate, and vomiting. You should rush to the nearby emergency room or consult a doctor....
Missed a Dose
If you miss a dose of Akt Fd Kit, you should take it as soon as possible. However, if it’s time for the next dose to be taken, you may skip it and continue with your regular schedule. You should not take two doses at a time to compensate for the missed dose....
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Does Akt Fd Kit cause discolouration of the secretions of the body?
A: Yes, Akt Fd Kit can cause discolouration of sweat, saliva, and urine. The colour usually becomes reddish-orange. However, it is normal, and you should not worry about it.
Q: What are the serious side effects that Akt Fd Kit can cause?
A: Akt FD kit can cause serious side effects like swelling of lips, tongue, throat, and difficulty breathing. It can also cause sore throat, flu-like symptoms, and pain in the joints. These side effects are rare. However, if you experience such effects, you should immediately call your doctor.
Q: Does Akt FD Kit cause contraception failure in females who take oral pills?
A: Yes, Akt Fd Kit decreases the effect of contraceptive pills. Rifampicin in the kit decreases the hormones required for birth control in females taking contraceptive pills. It induces the enzyme in the liver that causes the metabolism of the hormones at a rate faster than usual. You should take an alternative method of contraception.
- DailyMed - search results for ETHAMBUTOL HYDROCHLORIDE [Internet]. Nih.gov. [cited 2022 Mar 10]. Available
- DailyMed - search results for PYRAZINAMIDE [Internet]. Nih.gov. [cited 2022 Mar 10]. Available from
- DailyMed - RIFAMPIN- RIFAMPICIN powder [Internet]. Nih.gov. [cited 2022 Mar 10]. Available from:
- DailyMed - ISONIAZID tablet [Internet]. Nih.gov. [cited 2022 Mar 10]. Available from:
Country of Origin
Expires on or After
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.