Zo Plus Strip Of 10 Tablets
Zo Plus Strip Of 10 Tablets Description
Zo Plus Tablet is a combination of antibiotic medicines, namely - cefpodoxime and ofloxacin. It is used to treat various bacterial infections in adults. It works by its dual mechanism of action, Oflo
xacin interferes with the DNA synthesis of bacteria whereas, Cefpodoxime inhibits the cell wall synthesis of the bacterial cell. Take this medicine in a dose and duration prescribed by your doctor, do not stop your own if you feel better. Always complete the course of this medicine. Inform your doctor about all other medicines, herbal preparations and over-the-counter medicines you are consuming before starting with Zo Plus Tablet.
- Xone O Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Alkem Laboratories Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 280.00₹ 280.00₹ 28/Tablet
- Swich O Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Alkem Laboratories Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 256.00₹ 217.60₹ 21.76/Tablet
- Olfi Pod 200/200mg Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Ipca Laboratories10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 227.60₹ 193.46₹ 19.35/Tablet
Uses of Zo Plus Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Zo Plus Tablet is used to treat lower and upper respiratory tract infection like pneumonia, tuberculosis, asthma.
- It is used to treat typhoid fever in adults.
Contraindications of Zo Plus Strip Of 10 Tablets
- If you have an allergic reaction to the medicine or any of the ingredients of this medicine.
- If you have a history of an allergic reaction to any other antibiotics.
- If you have a history of fits or epilepsy or you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
- If you have problems related to tendons, like swelling or inflammation in the tendons.
- If you or your family have a history of a genetic condition that affects red blood cells (due to deficiency glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase deficiency).
- As this medicine contains cefpodoxime and ofloxacin, any condition which is contraindicated with any of these when taken alone should be considered contraindicated for this combination.
Side effects of Zo Plus Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Stomach pain
- Peptic ulcers
- Swelling of feet, persistent fever or sore throat
- Pounding heartbeat, dark urine, change in the amount of urine
- Yellowing of skin
Precautions and Warnings of Zo Plus Strip Of 10 Tablets
Other General Warnings
- You have a history of heart problems like irregular heart rhythm, rapid heartbeat.
- You have a history of an allergy to any medicines or any other antibiotics.
- You experience diarrhoea due to clostridium difficile.
- You have a history of brain disease or muscle weakness.
- You have a kidney or liver problem.
- You experience disturbance in blood glucose level or disturbance in vision.
Mode of Action of Zo Plus Strip Of 10 Tablets
How Does It Work?
- Ofloxacin inhibits the action of enzymes in bacteria responsible for DNA replication, repair and recombination and thus inhibits their growth.
- Cefpodoxime inhibits bacterial cell wall synthesis, which is essential for the survival of bacteria.
Directions for Use of Zo Plus Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Use this medicine as directed by your doctor
- It should be taken with food
Interactions of Zo Plus Strip Of 10 Tablets
Interactions with other medicines
- There is limited information available on the interaction of this combination with other medicines. However, any interactions seen with these two components, when taken alone, may occur with this combination....
- Medicines used to treat pain and inflammation (NSAIDs) such as Ibuprofen, Fenbufencan can increase the chance of fits.
- Other medicines that can interact with Zo Plus Tablet are antacids such as Cimetidine, medicines used to treat gout such as Probenecid, water pill such as furosemide, blood thinner medicine such as warfarin, antibiotics such as clarithromycin and medicines used to treat psychiatric diseases such as lithium....
Storage and disposal of Zo Plus Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Store at room temperature in a cool and dry place
- Keep it away from children and pets
Dosage of Zo Plus Strip Of 10 Tablets
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: For how long do I need to take this medicine?
Q: What does Zo Plus Tablet contains?
Q: What precautions do I need to take before starting with Zo Plus Tablet
Q: Can Zo Plus be used to treat viral infections?
Q: Can the use of Zo Plus cause diarrhoea?
Q: What is the use of Zo Plus?
- CDSCO. Cefpodoxime and Ofloxacin [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2022 [cited 24 May 2022]
- CEFPODOXIME PROXETIL tablet, film coated [Internet]. Dailymed.nlm.nih.gov. 2022 [cited 24 May 2022]
- Cefpodoxime: Uses, Side Effects, Interactions, Pictures, Warnings & Dosing - WebMD [Internet]. Webmd.com. 2022 [cited 24 May 2022]
- CEFOPROX Tablets/DT/Powder for Oral Suspension [Internet]. CiplaMed. 2022 [cited 24 May 2022]
- Cefdox tablet [Internet]. Aci-bd.com. 2022 [cited 24 May 2022]
- Cefpodoxime (Oral Route) Before Using - Mayo Clinic [Internet]. Mayoclinic.org. 2022 [cited 24 May 2022]
- Ofloxacin 200 mg Tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 24 May 2022]
- Ofloxacin 200 mg Tablets - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 24 May 2022]