Xylocard 2% Inj 50ml
By ASTRAZENECA PHARMA INDIA LTD
50ml Injection in Vial
Inclusive of all taxes
Non ReturnableRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Xylocard 2% Inj 50ml contains Lignocaine which is an anaesthetic medicine. It is used to produce a loss of sensation in a small part of the body or large area of the body such as arms, legs or abdomen before surgery to relieve pain during or after surgery. It works by stopping the conduction of pain signals through nerves from the skin to the brain. Nausea or vomiting, dizziness, an abnormal sensation of the skin, slow heartbeats are some of the side effects of this injection.
Uses of Xylocard 2% Inj 50ml
Xylocard 2% Inj 50ml is used to produce a loss of sensation in a small part of the body or large area of the body such as arms, legs or abdomen before doing surgery to relieve pain during or after surgery.
Contraindications of Xylocard 2% Inj 50ml
If you are allergic to Lignocaine or any of the other ingredients of Xylocard 2% Inj 50ml.
Side effects of Xylocard 2% Inj 50ml
- Nausea or vomiting
- An abnormal sensation of the skin
- Slow heartbeats
- Low or high blood pressure
Precautions and Warnings of Xylocard 2% Inj 50ml
Can I take Xylocard 2% Inj 50ml during pregnancy?
There is no adequate study to know the effect of this medicine on the developing foetus.
Can I take Xylocard 2% Inj 50ml while breastfeeding?
This medicine is known to pass in the breastmilk. The quantity of medicine that passes in breastmilk is small in usual doses used for injection and it is not expected to cause risk to the breastfed baby.
Can I drive if I have taken Xylocard 2% Inj 50ml?
Taking this medicine may decrease alertness or movements for a short period of time. Avoid driving in such situations.
Can I consume alcohol with Xylocard 2% Inj 50ml?
Consuming alcohol with this medicine can decrease blood pressure leading to dizziness and fainting. Avoid alcohol consumption while on this medicine.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have joint pain or joint stiffness.
- You have slow heartbeats or heart disease.
- You have high blood pressure.
- You have a feeling of restlessness, anxiety, sleepiness, dizziness, lightheadedness after taking this injection.
- You have liver diseases, severe kidney diseases or heart diseases.
- You have brain disorders or spinal deformity.
- You have epilepsy, a brain disorder characterised by repeated seizures.
Mode of Action of Xylocard 2% Inj 50ml
How Does It Work?
Lignocaine works by stopping the conduction of pain signals through nerves from the skin to the brain.
Directions for Use of Xylocard 2% Inj 50ml
- Xylocard 2% Inj 50ml will be given by a doctor or nurse in a hospital/clinic.
- Do not self-inject, follow any aftercare instructions given by the doctor/nurse.
Interactions of Xylocard 2% Inj 50ml
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Xylocard 2% Inj 50ml works or this injection itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interactions.
- Especially, medicines used in rain disorders, antifungal medicines and antibiotics, etc.
Storage and disposal of Xylocard 2% Inj 50ml
- Store it at 15°C to 30°C temperature in a cool and dry place.
- Keep it out of the reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Xylocard 2% Inj 50ml
- Xylocard 2% Inj 50ml will be given by a doctor or nurse, thus chances of an overdose are unlikely. However, if you experience any discomfort or specific symptoms, inform your doctor or reach out to the nearest hospital.read less
- Symptoms of an overdose of Xylocard 2% Inj 50ml include an abnormal sensation around the mouth, a loss of sensation on the tongue, lightheadedness, ringing sensation in the ears, decreased tolerance to everyday sounds, vision problem, tremors, seizures, difficulty in breathing, low blood pressure, slow heartbeats, irregular heartbeats, etc.read less
Missed a Dose
It is unlikely that the dose of this injection will be missed as you are monitored in a healthcare set up. However, if you have missed taking any dose of this injection, inform your doctor or nurse immediately.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: How much time does it take for Xylocard 2% Inj 50ml to show its effects?
A: Xylocard 2% Inj 50ml takes about 1 to 15 minutes to show its effects depending upon the site of injection and dose of the medicine.
Q: Can I take this injection for the treatment of body pain or a headache?
A: Xylocard 2% Inj 50ml is used before any surgery or surgical procedure to relieve pain during surgery or after surgery, it should not be used for the treatment of body pain or a headache.
Q: Does Xylocard 2% Inj 50ml is used to relieve pain in anal fissures?
A: Xylocard 2% Inj 50ml is not used to relieve pain in anal fissure but xylocaine ointment can be used to relieve pain in an anal fissure.
Other Products from this Brand
Last Updated on: 17 Mar 2021 | 05:54 PM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
Offers Just for you
Flat 20% off + 20% cashback on your 1st medicine order
Flat 20% off + 20% cashback on all medicines + Myntra voucher worth Rs.250
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved