Xifapill 200mg Tablet
Xifapill 200 MG Description
Xifapill Tablet is an antibiotic medicine. It is used for the treatment of infectious diarrhoea and irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) with diarrhoea in adults. It contains rifaximin as its active ingred
ient. It works by killing the growth of bacteria that cause infectious diarrhoea. Xifapill Tablet should be used under medical prescription. It should be taken as directed by the doctor and in doses and duration as prescribed.
- Rifcure 200mg Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Avighna Medicare Pvt Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 185.00₹ 127.66₹ 12.77/Tablet
- Riflect 200mg Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Ranbaxy Laboratories (sun Pharma)10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 180.00₹ 160.20₹ 16.02/Tablet
- Rifaxigress 200mg Strip Of 10 TabletsBy La Renon Healthcare Pvt Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 159.00₹ 135.15₹ 13.52/Tablet
- Sibofix 200mg TabletBy Dr Reddy's Laboratories Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 189.25₹ 160.86₹ 16.09/Tablet
- Rifaxigyl 200mg Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Medley Pharmaceuticals Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 180.00₹ 149.40₹ 14.94/Tablet
- Rifagut 200mg TabletBy Sun Pharma10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 209.00₹ 177.65₹ 17.77/Tablet
- Zimigut 200mg TabletBy Intas Pharmaceuticals Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 217.00₹ 184.45₹ 18.45/Tablet
- Torfix 200mg TabletBy Torrent Pharmaceuticals Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 188.00₹ 159.80₹ 15.98/Tablet
- Rifastop 200mg Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Mankind Pharmaceuticals Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 175.00₹ 148.75₹ 14.88/Tablet
- Gifaxin 200mg TabletBy Aristo Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 150.85₹ 128.22₹ 12.82/Tablet
Uses of Xifapill 200 MG
Contraindications of Xifapill 200 MG
- If you are allergic to rifaximin or any other ingredients of the Xifapill Tablet.
- If you are suffering from any liver disease.
- If you have diarrhoea with blood or fever.
- If you have diarrhoea that is caused due to other factors but not bacteria, for example, viral diarrhoea.
- If you have symptoms of blockage in the bowel, abdominal pain or constipation.
- If you experience allergic reactions after using medicines like rifabutin, rifapentine or rifampicin.
Side effects of Xifapill 200 MG
- Stomach pain
Precautions and Warnings of Xifapill 200 MG
Other General Warnings
- You experience symptoms like dizziness (or light-headedness), dry mouth, decreased urination and increased thirst.
- You experience severe diarrhoea while or after using Xifapill Tablet, discontinue taking the medicine immediately and contact your doctor.
- Consume enough fluids and keep yourself hydrated as diarrhoea can cause dehydration.
Mode of Action of Xifapill 200 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Xifapill 200 MG
- Xifapill Tablet should be taken as directed by your doctor. Swallow it whole with a glass of water.
- It would be best if you took it at a fixed time for optimal results. You should not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor.
Interactions of Xifapill 200 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Xifapill Tablet may interact with other medications and provide an altered response to the treatment. Notify your doctor if you are undergoing any other treatments, over-the-counter medications (that you buy without a prescription) and herbal preparations. Also, inform your doctor if you have a planned surgery or vaccination scheduled....
- Medicines like erythromycin, warfarin, azithromycin, cyclosporine, diltiazem and anti-fungal medications might interact with this Tablet when taken simultaneously.
- Xifapill Tablet might also interact with cholera and BCG vaccines.
Interactions with food items
Storage and disposal of Xifapill 200 MG
- Store Xifapill Tablets at room temperature in a cool and dry place.
- Keep it away from children and pets.
Dosage of Xifapill 200 MG
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Is Xifapill Tablet an antibiotic?
Q: What should I do if I missed a dose of Xifapill Tablet?
Q: What do I need to inform my doctor about the diarrhoea?
Q: For how long can I take Xifapill?
Q: Is there any side effect of Xifapill Tablet?
Q: Is Xifapill a probiotic?
- DailyMed - XIFAXAN- rifaximin tablet [Internet]. Dailymed.nlm.nih.gov. 2021 [cited 4 May 2022]
- Rifaximin (Oral Route) Proper Use - Mayo Clinic [Internet]. Mayoclinic.org. 2021 [cited 4 May 2022]
- TARGAXAN Tablet- Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 4 May 2022]
- Rifaximin [Internet]. Ncbi.nlm.nih.gov. 2021 [cited 4 May 2022]