Vinicor Am 50/5mg (Extended Release) Strip Of 10 Tablets
By IPCA LABORATORIES
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
15 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Vinicor Am Tablet is a combination medicine used for the treatment of high blood pressure, angina pectoris (chest pain due to reduced blood flow to the heart). It contains amlodipine and metoprolol as thier active ingredients. It is also used for the treatment of coronary heart diseases (a heart condition where blood vessels supplying blood to your heart muscle gets narrowed). It works by the combined action of its two ingredients and results in relaxation of blood vessels and improved blood flow and thus lowers blood pressure. You should take this medicine as prescribed by your doctor at a fixed time for optimal results. High blood pressure and heart related diseases are critical health conditions, if not treated, can affect other organs such as the brain, kidneys and blood vessels. Taking this medicine regularly as prescribed by your doctor along with other lifestyle modifications can help you control your blood pressure better....
|You Save||₹23.28 (18% on MRP)|
|Best Offer||Use Code: 18SAVE & get 18% discount|
|Contains||Metoprolol(50.0 Mg),Amlodipine(5.0 Mg)|
|Uses||High blood pressure and angina pectoris|
|Side effects||Dizziness, sleepiness, headache, nausea|
Check more medicines with composition as Metoprolol(50.0 Mg) + Amlodipine(5.0 Mg)
10 Brand Alternate(s)
Contains same composition as Vinicor Am 50/5mg (Extended Release) Strip Of 10 Tablets
Uses of Vinicor Am 50/5mg (Extended Release) Strip Of 10 Tablets
Vinicor Am Tablet is used for the treatment of high blood pressure, angina pectoris (radiating chest pain due to reduced blood flow to the heart) and coronary artery disease.
Contraindications of Vinicor Am 50/5mg (Extended Release) Strip Of 10 Tablets
- If you are allergic to any of the ingredients of this medicine.
- If you have any heart-related conditions such as heart failure problem, irregular heartbeats and heart blockage.
- If you have a blood circulation problem due to which affects the blood supply to different body parts.
- If you have a hormone-secreting tumour in the adrenal gland (Pheochromocytoma).
- If you are suffering from metabolic acidosis, a condition when the body produces excess acid.
Side effects of Vinicor Am 50/5mg (Extended Release) Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Stomach pain
- Ankle swelling
Precautions and Warnings of Vinicor Am 50/5mg (Extended Release) Strip Of 10 Tablets
Can I take Vinicor Am Tablet during pregnancy?
This medicine is not safe to be taken during pregnancy. If pregnancy is detected while taking this medicine inform your doctor immediately.
Can I take Vinicor Am Tablet while breastfeeding?
You should not take this medicine while breastfeeding. Consult your doctor for more information.
Can I drive if I have consumed Vinicor Am Tablet?
You should be cautious while driving if you are taking this medicine, especially right after initiation of the treatment. You may feel dizzy and sleepy after taking this medicine. Therefore, it would be better to avoid driving.
Can I consume alcohol with Vinicor Am Tablet?
Avoid consuming alcohol when you are taking this medicine as it is known to cause low blood pressure when taken with this medicine.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have any health conditions related to the heart, liver and kidneys.
- You experience that there is no improvement in blood pressure and it is getting worse.
- You are suffering from high or low blood sugar level or develop thyroid-related disorders.
- You are suffering from asthma or obstruction of the airways.
- You have a planned surgery or operation.
- You are above 60 years, pregnant or are breastfeeding.
Mode of Action of Vinicor Am 50/5mg (Extended Release) Strip Of 10 Tablets
How Does It Work?
- Vinicor Am Tablet works by the combined action of metoprolol & amlodipine. Metoprolol works by relaxing blood vessels and slowing down the heart rate to improve blood flow. This leads to a decrease in blood pressure and relieves chest pain due to angina....
- Amlodipine works by relaxing blood vessels and reducing the load on the heart. It also improves blood circulation in heart muscles and controls chest pain due to angina.
Directions for Use of Vinicor Am 50/5mg (Extended Release) Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Vinicor Am Tablet should be taken as directed by your doctor.
- It can be taken with or without food with a sufficient amount of water.
- It would be best if you take it at a fixed time for better blood pressure control and do not consume it more than the quantity prescribed by your doctor.
Interactions of Vinicor Am 50/5mg (Extended Release) Strip Of 10 Tablets
Interactions with other medicines
- Vinicor Am Tablet can affect the action of other medicines or other medicines can alter the action of Vinicor Am Tablet if taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, herbals and supplements you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interactions.
- You may experience an excess drop in blood pressure if you are taking any other blood pressure-lowering medicine, antifungal medicines and antibiotics with this medicine.
- Medicines that are used for irregular heartbeats if taken along with this medicine can lead to a drop in blood pressure and slow heartbeats.
- Other medicines such as immunomodulators, muscle relaxants, pain killers, cholesterol-lowering medicines should be used cautiously.
Interactions with food items
Grapefruit, apple & orange juice should be avoided for at least for 4 hours after taking this medicine.
Storage and disposal of Vinicor Am 50/5mg (Extended Release) Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Store it in a cool and dry place, protected from direct sunlight, moisture and heat.
- Keep it out of the reach of children and pets.
- Discard any unused medicine properly, do not flush in the toilet or throw it into the drain.
Dosage of Vinicor Am 50/5mg (Extended Release) Strip Of 10 Tablets
Symptoms of an overdose of this medicine include laziness, wheezing, uneven heart rhythm, slow heartbeats, low blood pressure, constriction of airways and drop in blood sugar levels. Seek immediate medical help in case of an overdose....
Missed a Dose
Do not take a double dose of this medicine if you have missed a dose; take the next dose as soon as you remember. It would be best if you never miss a dose of blood pressure medicine as it can lead to serious side effects like sudden fall in blood pressure and associated symptoms such as fainting, lightheadedness, dizziness, dehydration, etc....
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What are the side effects of Vinicor Am Tablet?
A: The most common side effects of this medicine are sleepiness, dizziness, headache, stomach pain, nausea, swelling in the ankle and fatigue.
Q: What is Vinicor Am Tablet used for?
A: This medicine is used for the treatment of high blood pressure and chest pain due to reduced blood flow to the heart (angina).
Q: Can I stop taking this medicine on my own?
A: No, you should never stop taking this medicine on your own without talking to your doctor even if you are feeling well. Abruptly stopping this medicine may cause chest pain, heart attack or irregular heartbeats. Your doctor will probably decrease your dose gradually if required.
Q: What lifestyle modifications I should make to control my blood pressure?
A: You should take your medicine regularly at the same time. In addition to that, making lifestyle changes will also help to control your blood pressure. These changes include eating a healthy diet, low in fat and salt, maintaining a healthy weight, exercising at least 30 minutes every day and reducing alcohol consumption and taking a pause on smoking habits.
Country of Origin
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.