Urimax D Strip Of 15 Tablets
By CIPLA LIMITED
15 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
5 Brand Options Available
Save Upto 8% more
Certified by Doctors
3 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Urimax D Tablet is used in men for the treatment of Benign Prostate Hyperplasia (BPH), a condition of the enlarged prostate gland in men. Urimax D tablet helps in easing the symptoms of BPH like difficulty in passing urine, frequent urination, increased frequency of urination at night or inability to empty the bladder. It is a combination of two medicines- tamsulosin and dutasteride. Dutasteride helps in reducing the size of the enlarged prostate, whereas Tamsulosin relaxes the muscles of the bladder and prostate. This medicine is not meant to be used for the treatment of prostate cancer.
Uses of Urimax D Strip Of 15 Tablets
Urimax D Tablet is used for the treatment of Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia (BPH)
Contraindications of Urimax D Strip Of 15 Tablets
- If you are allergic to tamsulosin, dutasteride or any of the ingredient of Urimax D tablet.
- If you are allergic to soya and peanut.
- If you have a liver disorder or liver function problem.
- If you experience giddiness or fall when you gradually get up from sitting position.
Side effects of Urimax D Strip Of 15 Tablets
- Low sexual drive
- Ejaculation problem
- Breast enlargement
- Tenderness in breast
Mode of Action of Urimax D Strip Of 15 Tablets
How Does It Work?
- Tamsulosin helps in relaxing the prostate and bladder muscles whereas Dutasteride interferes with the formation of the hormone responsible for enlarged prostate gland
- This combination has complementary mechanisms of action which improves the symptoms like the urinary flow and urinary retention related discomfort and also the need for surgery to remove the enlarged prostate glandread less
Directions for Use of Urimax D Strip Of 15 Tablets
- Urimax D tablet should be taken as directed by your doctor.
- Swallow it whole with a glass of water. Do not cut, break or chew the medicine.
- It should be taken with or after having your meal.
- It would be best if you took it at a fixed time for optimal results.
- You should not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor.
Interactions of Urimax D Strip Of 15 Tablets
Interactions with other medicines
- Urimax D tablet may interact with other medicines, discuss with your doctor about all the medicines, supplements, or herbal preparations you are taking. Also, you should inform your doctor if you have a planned surgery or vaccination scheduled.read less
- Your blood pressure can decrease if you are taking blood pressure-lowering medicines, you are on anaesthesia or taking sildenafil, prazosin along with Urimax D tablet.
- Concomitant use of Urimax D tablet along with Ketoconazole, Paroxetine, Verapamil, Diltiazem should be avoided as there can be increased chances of side effects.
- Long term use of this tablet along with Ritonavir, Indinavir, Nefazodone, Itraconazole, Ketoconazole should be avoided.
- Other medicines like Cimetidine, Diclofenac, Warfarin should not be used if you are taking Urimax D tablet.
Interactions with food items
- You should avoid having soya & peanut while on treatment with Urimax D tablet.
- Your doctor may recommend you take this medicine after having your food to avoid any stomach discomfort.
Storage and disposal of Urimax D Strip Of 15 Tablets
- Store below 30°C in the original container.
- Keep it out of reach of children.
- This medicine is absorbed through the skin if anyone comes in contact with this medicine by mistake, the contact area should be washed immediately with soap and water.
Dosage of Urimax D Strip Of 15 Tablets
Symptoms of overdose include dizziness, fainting and low blood pressure. If you think you have taken too much of this medicine, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital.
Missed a Dose
If you missed any dose, take it as soon as you remember. If it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and take the next dose at the scheduled time. Do not take a double dose to compensate for the missed dose.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What precautions do I need to take before taking Urimax D tablet?
- It should not be given to a male below 18 years old.
- Pregnant women should not touch this medicine as it gets absorbed through the skin and can cause harm to the fetus.
- If you have a history of an allergic reaction to any of the ingredient of this medicine.
Q: Can Urimax D be taken after consuming alcohol?
A: No, it would be best if you do not consume alcohol before taking this medicine as both of them have similar side effects like dizziness, drowsiness and drop in blood pressure.
Q: Is Urimax D safe in elderly patients?
A: Yes, it can be used in older men. Please discuss with your doctor about any underlying disease condition, any medication you are taking or any known allergy to components of Urimax D tablet.
Q: Why is Urimax D withdrawn before cataract surgery?
A: You should stop taking Urimax D tablet before cataract surgery as there is risk of getting a condition called intraoperative floppy iris syndrome (IFIS) characterised by loss of muscle tone in the eye if you take or have taken Urimax D tablet.
Q: How long can Urimax D tablet be taken?
A: You should take this medicine for the duration prescribed by your doctor. Do not stop taking this medicine on your own even if symptoms of the disease subsides.
Q: What are the side effects of prolonged use of Urimax D tablet?
A: Yes, most of the medicines along with the desirable effects, sometimes give a few side effects. In the case of this medicine, the most common side effects are dizziness, ejaculation problems, loss of libido, breast enlargement & tenderness and impotency.
Q: Should Urimax D tablet be taken with or without food?
A: Urimax D tablet should be taken after having your meal.
- Ciplamed. Urimax D tablet. Product Index. [Accessed on 04-Apr-2021] (online)
- CDSCO. Tamsulosin and Dutasteride. [Accessed on 04-Apr-2021] (online)
- USFDA. Tamsulosin and Dutasteride. [Accessed on 04-Apr-2021] (online)
- Ema SmPC. Tamsulosin and Dutasteride. [Accessed on 04-Apr-2021] (online)
- Tamsulosin. NHS UK. [Accessed on 04-Apr-2021] (online)
Other Products from this Brand
Last Updated on: 05 Apr 2021 | 04:11 PM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
Offers Just for you
Flat 20% off + 20% cashback on your 1st medicine order
Flat 20% OFF + 20% Cashback on all medicines + Free 1-Month Grofers Smart Bachat Club Membership
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved