Flodart Plus Capsule
Flodart Plus Capsule Description
Flodart Plus capsule contains a combination of tamsulosin and dutasteride. It is used for the treatment of Benign Prostate Hyperplasia (BPH), a condition of the enlarged prostate gland in men. It wor
s by a dual mechanism of action, Dutasteride helps in reducing the size of the enlarged prostate, whereas Tamsulosin relaxes the muscles of the bladder and prostate. It helps in easing the symptoms of BPH like difficulty in passing urine, frequent urination, increased frequency of urination at night or inability to empty the bladder. Inform your doctor about all other medications, over-the-counter medications and herbal products you are taking before starting with Flodart Plus capsule.
|You Save||₹26.25 (15% on MRP)|
|Contains||Dutasteride(0.5 Mg) + Tamsulosin(0.4 Mg)|
|Uses||Treatment of Benign prostatic hyperplasia|
|Side effects||Breast enlargement, tenderness in breast, dizziness, low sexual drive|
|Therapy||DRUGS FOR BENIGN PROSTATIC HYPERPLASIA|
Uses of Flodart Plus Capsule
- Flodart Plus capsule is used for the treatment of Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia (BPH)
Contraindications of Flodart Plus Capsule
- If you are allergic to tamsulosin, dutasteride or any of the ingredients of Flodart Plus capsule.
- If you have a liver disorder or liver function problem.
- If you are allergic to soya and peanut.
- If you experience giddiness or fall when you gradually get up from a sitting position.
Side effects of Flodart Plus Capsule
- Breast enlargement
- Tenderness in breast
- Low sexual drive
- Ejaculation problem
Mode of Action of Flodart Plus Capsule
How Does It Work?
- Flodart Plus capsule has complementary mechanisms of action which improves the symptoms like the urinary flow and urinary retention related discomfort and also the need for surgery to remove the enlarged prostate gland....
- Tamsulosin helps in relaxing the prostate and bladder muscles whereas Dutasteride interferes with the formation of the hormone responsible for the enlarged prostate gland.
Directions for Use of Flodart Plus Capsule
- Flodart Plus capsule should be taken as instructed by your doctor.
- It should be swallowed as a whole with a sufficient amount of water after the meal.
Interactions of Flodart Plus Capsule
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Flodart Plus capsule works, or this medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements, or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction.
- Avoid taking this medicine along with Ketoconazole, Paroxetine, Verapamil, Diltiazem as there can be increased chances of side effects.
- Your blood pressure can reduce if you are taking blood pressure-lowering medicines, you are on anaesthesia or taking sildenafil, prazosin along Flodart Plus capsule.
- Long term use of this medicine with Ritonavir, Indinavir, Nefazodone, Itraconazole, Ketoconazole should be avoided.
- Other medicines like Cimetidine, Diclofenac, Warfarin should not be used if you are taking Flodart Plus capsule.
Interactions with food items
Storage and disposal of Flodart Plus Capsule
- Store below 30°C in the original container Keep it out of the reach of children...
- This medicine is absorbed through the skin If anyone comes in contact with this medicine by mistake, then the contact area should be washed immediately with soap and water...
Dosage of Flodart Plus Capsule
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What precautions do I need to take before taking Flodart Plus capsule?
- It should not be given to a male below 18 years old.
- Pregnant women should not touch this medicine as it gets absorbed through the skin and can cause harm to the foetus.
- If you have a history of an allergic reaction to any of the ingredients of this medicine.
Q: Can Flodart Plus capsule be taken after consuming alcohol?
Q: Is Flodart Plus capsule safe in elderly patients?
Q: Why is cap Flodart Plus withdrawn before cataract surgery?
Q: How long can Flodart Plus capsule be taken?
Q: What are the side effects of prolonged use of Flodart Plus capsule?
Q: How do you take Flodart plus?
Q: What is the composition of Flodart Plus?
Q: What is the use of Flodart Plus capsule?
Q: When should I take Flodart Plus?
Q: What is the dose of Flodart Plus?
- Urimax D tablet [Internet]. CiplaMed. 2021 [cited 4 April 2022]
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 4 April 2022]
- Combodart 0.5 mg / 0.4 mg hard capsules- Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 4 April 2022]
- Tamsulosin [Internet]. nhs.uk. 2021 [cited 4 April 2022]