Flokind D Tablet
By MANKIND PHARMACEUTICALS LTD
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
15 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Flokind D Tablet contains a combination of Tamsulosin and Dutasteride. It is used for the treatment of Benign Prostate Hyperplasia (BPH), a condition of the enlarged prostate gland in men. Flokind D Tablet works by a dual mechanism of action, Dutasteride helps in reducing the size of the enlarged prostate, whereas Tamsulosin relaxes the muscles of the bladder and prostate. It helps in easing the symptoms of BPH like difficulty in passing urine, frequent urination, increased frequency of urination at night or inability to empty the bladder. Inform your doctor about all other medications, over-the-counter medications and herbal products you are taking before starting with this medicine.
Uses of Flokind D Tablet
- To treat Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia (BPH)
Contraindications of Flokind D Tablet
- If you are allergic to Tamsulosin, Dutasteride or any of the ingredients of this medicine.
- If you have a liver disorder or liver function problem.
- If you are allergic to soya and peanut.
- If you experience giddiness or fall when you gradually get up from a sitting position.
Side effects of Flokind D Tablet
- Breast enlargement
- Tenderness in breast
- Low sexual drive
- Ejaculation problem
Mode of Action of Flokind D Tablet
How Does It Work?
- Flokind D Tablet has complementary mechanisms of action which improves the symptoms like the urinary flow and urinary retention related discomfort and also the need for surgery to remove the enlarged prostate gland.Read less
- Tamsulosin helps in relaxing the prostate and bladder muscles whereas Dutasteride interferes with the formation of the hormone responsible for the enlarged prostate gland.
Directions for Use of Flokind D Tablet
- Flokind D Tablet should be taken as instructed by your doctor.
- It should be swallowed as a whole with a sufficient amount of water after the meal.
Interactions of Flokind D Tablet
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Flokind D Tablet works, or this medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements, or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction.
- Avoid taking this medicine along with Ketoconazole, Paroxetine, Verapamil, Diltiazem as there can be increased chances of side effects.
- Your blood pressure can reduce if you are taking blood pressure-lowering medicines, you are on anaesthesia or taking sildenafil, prazosin along Flokind D Tablet.
- Long term use of this medicine with Ritonavir, Indinavir, Nefazodone, Itraconazole, Ketoconazole should be avoided.
- Other medicines like Cimetidine, Diclofenac, Warfarin should not be used if you are taking Flokind D Tablet.
Interactions with food items
Soya & Peanut
Storage and disposal of Flokind D Tablet
- Store below 30°C in the original container Keep it out of the reach of childrenRead less
- This medicine is absorbed through the skin If anyone comes in contact with this medicine by mistake, then the contact area should be washed immediately with soap and waterRead less
Dosage of Flokind D Tablet
Symptoms of overdose include dizziness, fainting and low blood pressure. If you think you have taken too much of this medicine, then contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital.
Missed a Dose
If you missed any dose, then take it as soon as you remember. If it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and take the next dose at the scheduled time. Do not take a double dose to compensate for the missed dose.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What precautions do I need to take before taking Flokind D Tablet?
- It should not be given to a male below 18 years old.
- Pregnant women should not touch this medicine as it gets absorbed through the skin and can cause harm to the foetus.
- If you have a history of an allergic reaction to any of the ingredients of this medicine.
Q: Can Flokind D Tablet be taken after consuming alcohol?
A: No, it would be best if you do not consume alcohol before taking this medicine as both of them have similar side effects like dizziness, drowsiness and a drop in blood pressure.
Q: Is Flokind D Tablet safe in elderly patients?
A: Yes, it can be used in older men. Please discuss with your doctor about any underlying disease condition, any medication you are taking or any known allergy to components of Flokind D Tablet.
Q: Why is Flokind D Tablet withdrawn before cataract surgery?
A: You should stop taking Flokind D Tablet before cataract surgery as there is a risk of getting a condition called intraoperative floppy iris syndrome (IFIS) characterised by loss of muscle tone in the eye if you take or have taken Flokind D Tablet.
Q: How long can Flokind D Tablet be taken?
A: You should take this medicine for the duration prescribed by your doctor. Do not stop taking this medicine on your own even if symptoms of the disease subsides.
Q: What are the side effects of prolonged use of Flokind D Tablet?
A: Yes, most of the medicines, along with the desirable effects, sometimes give a few side effects. The most common side effects are dizziness, ejaculation problems, loss of libido, breast enlargement and tenderness and impotency.
- Ciplamed. Urimax D tablet. Product Index. [Accessed on 25.Sep.2020] (online)
- CDSCO. Tamsulosin and Dutasteride. [Accessed on 25.Sep.2020] (online)
- USFDA. Tamsulosin and Dutasteride. [Accessed on 25.Sep.2020] (online)
- Ema SmPC. Tamsulosin and Dutasteride. [Accessed on 25.Sep.2020] (online)
- Tamsulosin. NHS UK. [Accessed on 25.Sep.2020] (online)
Last Updated on: 20 Mar 2021 | 09:44 AM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved