Tuftil 250mg Tablet
Tuftil 250 MG Description
Tuftil Tablet is an antibiotic medicine. It is used to treat bacterial infections of tonsils, throat, sinus, ears, respiratory tract, urinary tract, skin, and soft tissue infections. Tuftil contains
cefuroxime as its active component. It works by inhibiting the cell wall synthesis of bacteria, which ultimately causes the death of bacteria. Tuftil Tablet should be used under medical prescription and for the duration it is prescribed. Complete the entire treatment with this medicine and do not stop in a mid-way on your own without the knowledge of your doctor.
- Trufurox 250mg Strip Of 4 TabletsBy Avighna Medicare Pvt Ltd4 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 129.00₹ 109.65₹ 27.41/Tablet
- Ceroxitum 250mg TabletBy Intas Pharmaceuticals Ltd Gx4 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 230.00₹ 195.50₹ 48.88/Tablet
- Cefaprime 250mg TabletsBy Leeford Healthcare Ltd4 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 120.00₹ 78.00₹ 19.5/Tablet
- Cefasyn 250mg TabletBy Cipla Gx4 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 111.10₹ 77.77₹ 19.44/Tablet
- Cefakind 250mg Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Mankind Pharmaceuticals Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 199.90₹ 169.91₹ 16.99/Tablet
- Ceftum 250mg TabletBy Glaxosmithkline Pharma4 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 267.00₹ 226.95₹ 56.74/Tablet
- Zocef 250mg TabletBy Alkem Laboratories Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 445.00₹ 378.25₹ 37.83/Tablet
- Cetil 250mg TabletBy Lupin10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 544.85₹ 463.12₹ 46.31/Tablet
- Genorox 250mg TabletBy Geno Pharmaceuticals Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 157.00₹ 133.45₹ 13.35/Tablet
- Altacef 250mg TabletBy Glenmark Pharmaceuticals10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 589.00₹ 429.97₹ 43.0/Tablet
Uses of Tuftil 250 MG
Contraindications of Tuftil 250 MG
- If you are allergic to cefuroxime or any other ingredients of Tuftil Tablet.
- If you have a history of a severe allergic reaction to penicillin, monobactams, carbapenems, or other beta-lactam antibiotics.
Side effects of Tuftil 250 MG
- Stomach pain
Precautions and Warnings of Tuftil 250 MG
Other General Warnings
- You have kidney disease.
- You develop white patches in your mouth.
- You develop rash with blisters and peeling of the skin.
- You experience continuous diarrhoea, you should immediately stop taking it and consult a doctor.
- You have difficulty in breathing or develop skin rash, swelling of face or mouth after taking Tuftil Tablet.
- Tuftil Tablet is not recommended for children aged under 3 months.
Mode of Action of Tuftil 250 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Tuftil 250 MG
- Tuftil Tablet should be taken as directed by your doctor.
- Swallow it whole with a glass of water, after your meal to avoid stomach discomfort.
- It would be best if you took it at a fixed time for optimal results
Interactions of Tuftil 250 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Tuftil Tablet works, or this medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements, or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction.
- Concomitant use of Tuftil Tablet along with contraceptive pills may cause the failure of contraceptive pills (OC pills). If you are taking the contraceptive pill while you are being treated with this medicine, you also need to use another method of contraception (such as condoms)....
- Medicines used to treat gout (Probenecid) and medicines used to thin your blood (Warfarin) should be used with caution along with this medicine.
Storage and disposal of Tuftil 250 MG
- Store Tuftil Tablet in a cool and dry place, protected from direct sunlight, moisture, and heat.
- Keep it away from children and pets.
- Do not use expired medicines.
- Discard any unused medicine properly, do not flush in the toilet or throw it into the drain.
Dosage of Tuftil 250 MG
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What is the use of Tuftil Tablet?
Q: Can I stop taking Tuftil Tablet before prescribed duration?
Q: Is Tuftil Tablet an antibiotic?
- Novacef tablet [Internet]. CiplaMed. 2022 [cited 27 April 2022]
- Zinnat Tablets 125mg - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 27 April 2022]
- Zinnat Tablets 125mg - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 27 April 2022]
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2022 [cited 27 April 2022]