Tryptomer Sr 50mg Tablet
Tryptomer Sr 50 MG Description
Tryptomer Sr Tablet is a tricyclic antidepressant to treat depression. Different dosages of this medication help treat and prevent various ailments, including neuropathic pain, depression, and migrai
nes. Because Tryptomer Sr Tablet might make you sleepy, you can take it before night. It is possible to consume the tablet with or without meals. Your doctor will recommend the dose and how much you should take it to get the proper amount to manage your symptoms. The starting dose should be gradually raised under strict supervision. This prescription may not function immediately, and you may need to wait several weeks to see the full results. The time duration you need to take Tryptomer Sr Tablet depends on why you're taking it, but it's crucial to keep taking it even if you're feeling fine. Do not abruptly stop taking the Tryptomer Sr Tablet without seeing your doctor. Quitting your medicine might worsen your illness or produce additional symptoms such as sweating, dry mouth, tiredness, and tremor. Before stopping the medication, your dose might need adjustment or gradual reduction. It can also keep you furious or disorganised, and in some instances, it might cause weight gain. The Tryptomer Sr Tablet is not addictive, but if you quit consuming it suddenly, you may suffer extra adverse effects, as mentioned above. However, the majority of the usual side effects are minor.
|You Save||₹17.78 (15% on MRP)|
|Uses||Treatment of neuropathic pain, depression, and migraine|
|Side effects||Constipation, increased heart rate, dry mouth, weight gain, aggressive behaviour, sweating, sleepiness, dizziness, headache|
Uses of Tryptomer Sr 50 MG
- As per CDSCO, Tryptomer Sr Tablet treats neuropathic pain, depression, and migraine.
Contraindications of Tryptomer Sr 50 MG
- If you have severe liver problems
- If you experience allergies to active components of Tryptomer Sr Tablet
- If you are consuming Monoamine oxidase inhibitors
- If you have a heart attack or taking Cisapride
Side effects of Tryptomer Sr 50 MG
- Increased heart rate
- Dryness in mouth
- Weight gain
- Aggressive behaviour
Precautions and Warnings of Tryptomer Sr 50 MG
Other General Warnings
- You undergo severe mood swings or suicidal thoughts.
- You must take care of any therapies while using Tryptomer Sr Tablet. It might induce weight gain and increased hunger.
- You should get up gently after lying down or sitting. It might induce a sharp drop in blood pressure.
- You should consume it before night as it possesses the potential to make you sleepy.
Mode of Action of Tryptomer Sr 50 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Tryptomer Sr 50 MG
- Consume Tryptomer Sr Tablet one to four times each day, at the same time.
- Please read the label instructions carefully. Ask your healthcare provider or pharmacist to describe them to you.
- Do not take less or more of Tryptomer Sr Tablet, or take it more frequently than your doctor's prescription.
- Tryptomer Sr Tablet will most likely be started at a low dose and subsequently increased by your doctor.
- Tryptomer Sr Tablet may take a couple of weeks or longer for you to feel its full effects.
- Even if you feel fine, keep taking Tryptomer Sr Tablet. Do not discontinue consuming the tablet without seeing your physician.
Interactions of Tryptomer Sr 50 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Tryptomer Sr Tablet might interact with the following medication and cause severe effects such as increased heart rate, weight gain, and aggressive behaviour. The medications are
- Anti-anxiety like Alprazolam,
- Sedatives like Zolpidem,
- Antidepressants such as Fluoxetine, Bupropion
- Anti-thyroid such as Levothyroxine
- Pain killers include Tramadol, Oxycodone, Acetaminophen
- Muscle relaxants including Cyclobenzaprine
Interactions with food items
- There is no interaction between Tryptomer Sr Tablet and food. However, consult your healthcare professional before consuming the tablet.
Storage and disposal of Tryptomer Sr 50 MG
Dosage of Tryptomer Sr 50 MG
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can Tryptomer Sr Tablet affect my sexual life?
Q: How does Tryptomer Sr Tablet treat neuropathic pain?
Q: What is an ideal approach to deal with dry mouth?
- Healthdirect Australia. Amitriptyline (AN). [cited 2022 Feb 23]; Available from:
- Amitriptyline 25mg Tablets BP [Internet]. Org.uk. [cited 2022 Feb 23]. Available from
- CDSCO [Internet]. Gov.in. [cited 2022 Feb 23]. Available from
- Amitriptyline: Acquired long QT syndrome complicated with recurrent Torsades de Pointes: case report. React Wkly [Internet]. 2015 [cited 2022 Feb 23];1568(1):27–27. Available from