Trinicalm Plus Tablet
Trinicalm Plus Tablet Description
The Trinicalm Plus Tablet is part of a group of medications called antipsychotics to treat and prevent schizophrenia. Trinicalm Plus Tablet may also be used over a short period for anxiety and depres
sion. In schizophrenia, a person cannot feel, think, or behave clearly. In anxiety disorders, a person experiences fear, worry, and excessive anxiety, interfering with their daily activities. In depression, people often experience sadness, difficulty sleeping, and an inability to enjoy life the way they used to. The combination of medicines in Trinicalm Plus Tablet is Trifluoperazine and Trihexyphenidyl. Dopamine, a chemical messenger, influences mood, anxiety, and behaviour. By inhibiting dopamine, trifluoperazine affects these functions. Trinicalm Plus Tablet helps control psychotic illnesses, relieve depression and lighten the mood. Whereas Trihexyphenidyl is an anticholinergic agent, trihexyphenidyl corrects some of the chemical imbalances that may cause some of the side effects associated with Trifluoperazine, such as shaking of the hands or muscle spasms. It is possible for patients to experience nausea, constipation, dry mouth, sedation, weight gain, orthostatic hypotension (sudden lowering of blood pressure when standing up), urinary retention, increased prolactin levels in blood, dizziness, blurred vision, and nervousness.
|Contains||Trifluoperazine(5.0 Mg) + Trihexyphenidyl / Benzhexol Hydrochloride(2.0 Mg)|
|Uses||Schizophrenia, Paranoid schizophrenia, Hebephrenic schizophrenia, Catatonic, schizophrenia, Undifferentiated schizophrenia, Residual schizophrenia, Simple schizophrenia, Depression, Unspecified schizophrenia, Anxiety, Social Phobia (or Social Anxiety Disorder), Generalised Anxiety Disorder, Drug-induced Extrapyramidal Symptoms, Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD), Panic Disorder, Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD), Depression, Seasonal Affective Disorder, Psychotic Depression, Peripartum (Postpartum), Parkinson's disease.|
|Side effects||-Nausea, Sedation, Weight gain, A sudden lowering of blood pressure after standing, Urinary retention, Increased prolactin level in the blood, Dizziness, Excessive sweating, Decreased blood pressure, Urine retention, Blurred vision, Nervousness, Dry mouth, Abdominal pain, Constipation, Loss of appetite, difficulty in passing urine, Skin rash|
Uses of Trinicalm Plus Tablet
- Paranoid schizophrenia
- Hebephrenic schizophrenia
- Catatonic schizophrenia
- Undifferentiated schizophrenia
- Residual schizophrenia
- Simple schizophrenia
- Unspecified schizophrenia
- Generalised Anxiety Disorder
- Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
- Panic Disorder
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
- Social Phobia (or Social Anxiety Disorder)
- Seasonal Affective Disorder
- Psychotic Depression
- Peripartum (Postpartum) Depression
- Parkinson's disease
- Drug-induced Extrapyramidal Symptoms
Contraindications of Trinicalm Plus Tablet
- CNS Depression
- Narrow-angle glaucoma
- Liver Disease
- Neuroleptic Malignant Syndrome (NMS)
- Kidney Disease
- Seizure disorders
- Urinary tract obstruction
- Enlarged prostate gland
Side effects of Trinicalm Plus Tablet
- Common side effects:
- Weight gain
- A sudden lowering of blood pressure after standing
- Urinary retention
- The increased prolactin level in the blood
- Excessive sweating
- Decreased blood pressure
- Urine retention
- Blurred vision
- Rare side effects:
- Dry mouth
- Abdominal pain
- Loss of appetite
- Difficulty in passing urine
- Skin rash
- Several side effects can occur with Trinicalm Plus Tablet. Most of these side effects disappear over time without any medical attention. However, if they persist or worsen, speak to your doctor.
Precautions and Warnings of Trinicalm Plus Tablet
Other General Warnings
- Make a diet that is rich in iron, folate, and magnesium. Avoid smoking.
Mode of Action of Trinicalm Plus Tablet
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Trinicalm Plus Tablet
- Trinicalm Plus Tablets should be taken as directed by your doctor. Based on your medical condition, Trinicalm Plus Tablet should be taken for the prescribed amount of time.
- You should swallow the tablet. Take the tablet without breaking, crushing, or chewing it.
Interactions of Trinicalm Plus Tablet
Interactions with other medicines
Interactions with food items
- blood pressure-lowering medicines (guanethidine)
- opioid painkillers (codeine)
- medicines to decrease saliva and lung secretions (atropine, procyclidine)
- antipsychotics (prochlorperazine, chlorpromazine, trifluoperazine
- aripiprazole, lurasidone, promazine, risperidone, quetiapine, escitalopram,
- anticonvulsants (lamotrigine, clonazepam, alprazolam, pregabalin),
- antiparkinson drug (levodopa)
- blood thinner (warfarin)
- a medicine used in the treatment of iron poisoning (desferrioxamine)
- heart-related medicines (disopyramide, procainamide, quinidine, amiodarone, sotalol)
- antihistamine (diphenhydramine)
- anticholinergic (benztropine)
- mild pain killers/fever-reducing agents (acetaminophen)
Storage and disposal of Trinicalm Plus Tablet
- Store in a cool and dry place that is not directly under the sun.
- Keep away from children and pets.
- Make sure to dispose of the unused medicine.
Dosage of Trinicalm Plus Tablet
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What is the time it takes for Trinicalm Plus Tablet to work?
Q: What is the duration of the effects of Trinicalm Plus Tablet?
- An average of 6 to 12 hours is the duration of the effects of Trinicalm Plus Tablet.
- Webmd.com. 2021. Trifluoperazine Oral: Uses, Side Effects, Interactions, Pictures, Warnings & Dosing - WebMD. [online] Available at: <https://www.webmd.com/drugs/2/drug-11998/trifluoperazine-oral/details> [Accessed 12 December 2021].
- Medicines.org.uk. 2021. Trihexyphenidyl 2mg Tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc). [online] Available at:
- Mental Health UK. 2021. Types of schizophrenia - Mental Health UK. [online] Available at: