By HINDUSTAN LATEX LIMITED
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
Non ReturnableRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Tranexid Tablet is used to stop bleeding in diseases or conditions that lead to excessive bleeding from the body, such as menses (periods), surgical procedure, nose bleed, internal bleeding. It contains tranexamic acid as its active ingredient, an anti-fibrinolytic class of medicine. This Tablet works by preventing the breakdown of clots, thus further leading to the stoppage of bleeding. This medicine should be taken as directed by the doctor and in doses and duration as prescribed. Take this Tablet with food to avoid stomach upset. Do not take it for more than the prescribed dose. Some common side effects of Tranexid Tablet are nausea, vomiting, but not everybody gets them. These side effects normally go away with time, but if you feel the side effects persist, you should consult your doctor....
Uses of Tranexid 500 MG
Tranexid Tablet is used to treat and reduce excessive bleeding in menses (during periods), abnormal blood loss during or after a surgical procedure, bleeding from the nose known as epistaxis, to control internal bleeding in the body due to an abnormal blood clotting mechanism or tooth extractions in patients suffering from a bleeding disorder named haemophilia....
Contraindications of Tranexid 500 MG
- If you are allergic to tranexamic acid or any other ingredients of Tranexid Tablet.
- If you have kidney disease, as it may lead to a reduction in the elimination of the active medicine from the body leading to its accumulation which can lead to toxic effects hence not to be used in severe kidney disease, in mild to moderate kidney disease the medicine can be used with proper suggestions that have been recommended by the doctor....
- If you are currently having an episode or a history of different diseases arising because of clot formation in the body called as thromboembolic diseases. Eg. Heart attack or paralysis due to clot in blood vessels in the brain, blood clots in vessels of the lower limbs etc....
- If you have a history of convulsions or fits.
- If you have blood disorders known to increase blood clotting tendency.
Side effects of Tranexid 500 MG
Precautions and Warnings of Tranexid 500 MG
Can I take Tranexid during pregnancy?
- There is limited information about the effects of Tranexid in human pregnancy
- It is known to cross the placenta and is found in the cord blood at concentrations equal to that in maternal blood
- It should be used when prescribed considering that the benefit of taking this medicine outweighs the risk
- It is better to consult your doctor before taking this medicine in pregnancy
Can I take Tranexid while breastfeeding?
- Tranexid passes into human milk in a small amount
- If a breastfeeding mother requires tranexamic acid, it is not a reason to discontinue breastfeeding. However, close monitoring and medical supervision of the breastfed infant is recommended until more data regarding safety becomes available...
- It is advisable to consult a doctor before initiating the medicine during breastfeeding
Can I drive if I have consumed Tranexid?
Tranexid does not directly affect alertness levels. Hence, driving is not contraindicated if taking this medicine. However, one should watch out for signs of blurring of vision or loss of colour vision which may appear as a side effect of this medication. Hence, regular eye check-ups in patients taking long term treatment with tranexamic acid are recommended.
Can I consume alcohol with Tranexid?
There is no data regarding interactions between Tranexid and alcohol. However, this does not rule out the possibility of interaction and it is better to avoid alcohol consumption.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You are suffering from kidney disease
- You are passing blood in urine, Tranexid should be used with care and only if prescribed by your doctor as there are chances of obstruction to the passage of urine due to obstruction by blood clots
- You have a history of blood clots in blood vessels or with a family history of the same, use Tranexid only if it is prescribed to you by a doctor and insist on close monitoring of your health
- You are suffering from excessive menstrual bleeding or irregular periods
- You are taking oral contraceptive pills, as you should consult your doctor before consuming oral contraceptive pills and Tranexid together as there are increased chances of blood clot formation in your blood vessels...
- You experience visual disturbances, you should stop the medications and consult your doctor immediately
- You may require regular eye checks to be done if you are consuming Tranexid for a long time on doctor's prescription
Mode of Action of Tranexid 500 MG
How Does It Work?
Blood clotting is a complex process and involves various enzymes in different steps. Tranexamic acid is a structural analogue of an amino acid lysine which important for blood clotting process. Tranexamic acid helps in arresting bleeding by binding to certain receptors where lysine binds, inhibiting the enzymes that break down the blood clots. Hence, it helps to stop excessive bleeding....
Directions for Use of Tranexid 500 MG
Take Tranexid Tablet as told by your doctor with a sufficient amount of water, and swallowed whole. Do not crush or chew the Tablets. You should take this medicine regularly, at the same time and without fail as directed by your doctor. You should not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor. If bleeding does not stop, contact your doctor, you may need further evaluation...
Interactions of Tranexid 500 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- The effect of Tranexid will be reduced if taken along with blood thinners (like warfarin, heparin) which are medicines that inhibit clot formations
- An additive effect may be seen if the patient is taking medications that increase blood clot formation (like aprotinin)
- Oral contraceptive pills, when taken with Pause, may promote blood clot formation which can be harmful, leading to blockage of blood vessels by abnormal clot formation. Inform your doctor if you are taking birth control pills...
Storage and disposal of Tranexid 500 MG
- Store Tranexid Tablets below 25°C in a clean and dry place, protected from moisture, sunlight and heat.
- Keep this medicine away from children and pets.
- You should not flush this medicine in the toilet or pour them into the drain. You need to properly discard this medicine when it is expired or no longer needed.
Dosage of Tranexid 500 MG
- If you accidentally end up taking a dose higher than that prescribed, you may experience symptoms like feeling sick, nausea and vomiting or be dizzy or light-headed upon standing.
- If you experience any of the symptoms or think you have taken too much of Tranexid Tablet, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital.
Missed a Dose
- Missing a dose of Tranexid Tablet may reduce the effectiveness of the treatment.
- If you missed any dose of medicine take it as soon as you remember.
- If it's time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dose schedule.
- Do not take a double dose of medicine to compensate for the missed one.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Should I take Tranexid with or without food?
A: Take Tranexid Tablet as recommended by your gynaecologist. Make sure you maintain a fixed time for taking the medicine daily.
Q: Can I take Tranexid for long term?
A: No, it is usually prescribed for a short duration. Take it for as long as the doctor has told you to take it. Do not exceed the prescribed duration.
Q: Is there any side effect of Tranexid?
A: Diarrhoea, vomiting, nausea are a few common side effects of this medicine. However, these symptoms resolve with time. Inform your doctor if they persist for long.
Q: How many Tablets of Tranexid can I take?
A: You should take Tranexid in the exact dose and frequency prescribed by the doctor. The dose and frequency of this medicine vary among individuals depending on the condition it is being taken for. You should not consume more than the recommended daily dose by the doctor.
Q: Can I use Tranexid stop period?
A: No, Tranexid is not intended to stop the period. It is used to treat and reduce excessive bleeding in menses (during periods).
- Tranexamic acid - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 11 May 2022]
- LactMed. Tranexamic acid. [Internet]. 2022 [cited 11 May 2022]
- CDSCO. Tranexamic acid.[Internet]. 2022 [cited 11 May 2022]
- Tranexamic acid - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 11 May 2022]
- Tranexamic Acid: MedlinePlus Drug Information [Internet]. Medlineplus.gov. 2022 [cited 11 May 2022]
- Tranexamic acid - Medicine - NHS [Internet]. nhs.uk. 2022 [cited 11 May 2022]
Expires on or After
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.