Tg Act 5mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
By ACTIVE HEALTHCARE
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
7 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Tg Act 5mg Strip Of 10 Tablets Description
Tg Act 5mg Tab is a medicine used to lower blood cholesterol and reduce the risk of heart diseases. It contains atorvastatin as its active ingredient, also known as statins. This medicine is used as
an adjuvant to diet in patients with high cholesterol and abnormal levels of cholesterol. This medicine decreases the synthesis of cholesterol in the body. You should take this medicine as advised by your doctor in the prescribed doses, at a fixed time to gain optimum benefits. You should avoid consuming high fat, fried or junk meals and also maintain a healthy and active lifestyle to gain optimum benefit along with Tg Act 5mg Tab .
|You Save||₹10.64 (15% on MRP)|
|Uses||High cholesterol level|
|Side effects||Headache, nausea, diarrhoea, indigestion, bodyache|
Check more medicines with composition as Atorvastatin(5.0 Mg)
6 Generic Alternate(s)
Contains same composition as Tg Act 5mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Atorin 5mg TabletBy Medley Pharmaceutical Pvt Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 42.50₹ 36.1240.13% CHEAPER₹ 3.61/Tablet
- Atormac 5mg TabletBy Macleods Pharmaceuticals10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 68.90₹ 58.562.82% CHEAPER₹ 5.86/Tablet
- Zivast 5mg TabletBy Fdc Limited10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 31.75₹ 26.9955.22% CHEAPER₹ 2.7/Tablet
- Aztor 5mg Strip Of 15 TabletsBy Sun Pharma15 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 105.00₹ 89.251.33% CHEAPER₹ 5.95/Tablet
- Liponorm 5mg Tablets 15'sBy Blue Cross Laboratories Private Limited15 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 42.00₹ 35.7060.53% CHEAPER₹ 2.38/Tablet
- Lipicure 5mg TabletBy Intas Pharmaceuticals Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 66.00₹ 56.106.97% CHEAPER₹ 5.61/Tablet
Uses of Tg Act 5mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Used to lower cholesterol levels.
- Used to reduce the risk of heart disease.
Contraindications of Tg Act 5mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- If you are allergic to atorvastatin or any other ingredients of this medicine.
- If you have liver disease and your liver tests are abnormal.
- If you are being treated with medicines for hepatitis C like glecaprevir or pibrentasvir.
- If you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
Side effects of Tg Act 5mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Muscle pain
- Joint pains
Precautions and Warnings of Tg Act 5mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Can I take Tg Act 5mg Tab during pregnancy?
This medicine should not be used during pregnancy, as there is limited information about its effect on pregnancy. Women of childbearing age should use proper contraceptive measures while taking this medicine. If you think you are pregnant or pregnancy is detected while taking this medicine inform your doctor immediately.
Can I take Tg Act 5mg Tab while breastfeeding?
It is not known if this medicine passes into human milk. Thus, this medicine should not be taken during breastfeeding. Inform your doctor if you are a nursing mother.
Can I drive if I have consumed Tg Act 5mg Tab ?
Tg Act 5mg Tab has negligible influence on the ability to drive.
Can I consume alcohol with Tg Act 5mg Tab ?
There is no known interaction of alcohol with Tg Act 5mg Tab . However, alcohol may increase the risk of liver damage and side effects. Thus, always talk to your doctor if drink it often.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have any underlying medical condition like diabetes, liver or kidney disease, thyroid problems, respiratory problems, muscle-related problems.
- You have a history of stroke with bleeding inside the brain.
- You have repeated muscle pains or a history of muscle-related problems
- You have recently or in the last 7 days, taken medicine for bacterial infection like fusidic acid, as this may cause serious muscle injury
- You are an alcoholic.
- You are elderly, above 70 years of age.
- You are already taking any other medicines for health conditions.
Mode of Action of Tg Act 5mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
How Does It Work?
Tg Act 5mg Tab acts by inhibiting the action of an enzyme, HMG-CoA reductase. This enzyme essential for cholesterol formation. Thus Tg Act 5mg Tab lowers the blood cholesterol levels. It also increases the good cholesterol known as high-density lipoprotein (HDL) levels....
Directions for Use of Tg Act 5mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- It should be taken as directed by your doctor in the duration and doses it is prescribed
- Take this medicine as a whole with a sufficient amount of water with or without food.
- Take the medicine at the same time every day.
Interactions of Tg Act 5mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Tg Act 5mg Tab works or Tg Act 5mg Tab itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines if taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements, or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction.
- Especially if you are taking other cholesterol-lowering medicines, anticoagulants like warfarin, blood pressure-lowering medicines, painkillers like phenazone, anti-infectives, anti-HIV medicines like ritonavir, medicines used to treat hepatitis C like telaprevir, antacids etc....
Interactions with food items
- You should avoid consuming grapefruit juice during the treatment, as it can alter the effect of this medicine.
Storage and disposal of Tg Act 5mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Store this medicine below 25°C in a cool and dry place.
- Keep it out of the reach of children.
- Discard any unused medicine properly.
Dosage of Tg Act 5mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
If you think you have taken too much of this medicine contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital.
Missed a Dose
It would be best if you took the doses at the appropriate time for the desired effect. If you missed any dose of medicine take it as soon as you remember. However, if it's time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dose schedule. Do not take a double dose of medicine to compensate for the missed one....
Dr. Mansi Savla
B. Pharm, PharmD
Dr. Ritu Budania
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Does Tg Act 5mg Tab cause acidity?
A: Yes, sometimes Tg Act 5mg Tab causes acidity or heartburn as a side effect. However, not everyone experiences the side effect. Talk to your doctor if these side effects do not resolve or get worsen.
Q: What dietary restrictions should I follow while taking Tg Act 5mg Tab ?
A: Avoid fried and junk food Avoid carbonated drinks Avoid grapefruit juice with this medicine. Have the last meal of the day at least 3-4 hours before bedtime.
Q: Can I stop taking Tg Act 5mg Tab on my own?
A: No, you should not suddenly stop taking medicine without consulting your doctor.
Q: Is Tg Act 5mg Tab good for cholesterol?
A: Yes, Tg Act 5mg Tab is used to lower the level of bad cholesterol (LDL) and improve levels of good cholesterol (HDL) in the blood. This medicine lowers the overall raised cholesterol levels.
Q: What if my daily schedule interferes with taking my medicine?
A: Try to take your medicine at the same time every day. Try connecting your medicine with something you do every day, such as brushing your teeth at night or having your dinner. This may help you remember to take it. Keep a daily calendar or set an alarm clock to go at the time you need to take your medicine.
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 17 September 2021]
- Atorvastatin 10 mg Film Coated Tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 17 September 2021]
- Atorvastatin 10 mg Film Coated Tablets - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 17 September 2021]
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed