Aztor 10mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
By SUN PHARMA
15 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
10 Brand Options Available
Save Upto 8% more
Certified by Doctors
30 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
The main medicine in the composition of Aztor 10mg Tab 15'S is the salt atorvastatin. It is a hypolipidemic medicine, which belongs to the statin family of medicines which reduce the level of low-density lipoprotein or bad cholesterol in the body.
Uses of Aztor 10mg Tab 15'S
- High cholesterol levels
- High triglyceride levels
- Heart disease
Contraindications of Aztor 10mg Tab 15'S
- Pregnancy or planning pregnancy
- Liver diseases such as jaundice
- Abnormal liver tests
- Allergy to the medicine
- Glecaprevir/pibrentasvir (medication used to treat hepatitis)
Side effects of Aztor 10mg Tab 15'S
- Common side effects of Aztor 10mg Tab 15'S include headache, nausea, constipation, diarrhoea, joint pain, muscle pain and back pain, blood tests abnormalities like liver function, creatine kinase, worsening of preexisting liver disease, throat pain and nose bleedread less
- Rare Side effects of the medicine are a lack of appetite, allergic reactions, nightmares, inability to sleep, dizziness, numbness or tingling in the fingers, rash and itching and feeling unwell/ tired
- A serious side effect of the medicine is abnormal muscle breakdown (rhabdomyolysis); it is a condition characterised by severe muscle pain and soreness that may be associated with fever; the condition begins with breakdown of muscles and leads to acute kidney failure characterised by dark coloured urine, fever and muscle pain, and peeling, swelling, blistering of the skin, mouth, eyes, genitals, and feverread less
Precautions and Warnings of Aztor 10mg Tab 15'S
Can I take this medicine during pregnancy?
This medicine should not be taken if you are pregnant, or if you are planning to conceive.
Can I take this medicine while breastfeeding?
Do not take Aztor 10mg Tab 15'S if you are breastfeeding as it may be harmful to your baby.
Can I drive if I have consumed this medicine?
This medicine does not affect your ability to drive.
Can I consume alcohol with Aztor 10mg Tab 15'S?
Excessive alcohol consumption while taking this medicine has to be avoided, as there is a chance of liver damage.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You are taking, or have taken in the last seven days, a medicine called fusidic acid (a medicine for bacterial infection). Fusidic acid and this medicine should not be taken together as they lead to serious muscle problemsread less
- You have kidney problems, have muscle aches or pains or a family history of muscle problems, have had muscular problems in the past during treatment with other cholesterol-lowering medicines, or if you regularly drink a large amount of alcoholread less
Mode of Action of Aztor 10mg Tab 15'S
How Does It Work?
Cholesterol is made by an enzyme called HMG-CoA reductase. This medicine works by inhibiting this enzyme; as a result, it lowers cholesterol and bad cholesterol (low-density lipoprotein) levels. It also increases the good cholesterol (also known as high-density lipoprotein) levels.
Directions for Use of Aztor 10mg Tab 15'S
This medicine is taken once a day. The tablets can be taken with or without food, day or night. Try and take the medicine at about the same time every day. This tablet can be taken with or without food.
Interactions of Aztor 10mg Tab 15'S
Interactions with other medicines
- Increased risk of muscle breakdown when used with other cholesterol-lowering medicines, e.g. gemfibrozil, colestipol, ezetimibe
- Rhabdomyolysis can occur when taken along with fusidic acid or within seven days of stopping fusidic acid
- Monitor lipid levels to ensure that the lowest necessary dose of this medicine is used when given along with amiodarone, diltiazem, or verapamil
- Itraconazole, voriconazole, ciclosporin, ketoconazole, erythromycin, clarithromycin, telithromycin, ritonavir, lopinavir, atazanavir, indinavir, darunavir, tipranavir/ritonavir can increase the concentration of the medicine in the blood and cause complicationsread less
- Hepatitis C medicines, i.e. glecaprevir/pibrentasvir interact with this medicine and can cause complications
Interactions with food items
The intake of grapefruit juice should be limited in quantity.
Storage and disposal of Aztor 10mg Tab 15'S
- Store this medicine at room temperature, between 68 to 77°F (20 to 25°C)
- Do not keep medicine that is expired or that you no longer need
- Keep this medicine out of the reach of children
Dosage of Aztor 10mg Tab 15'S
The dosage of Aztor 10mg Tab 15'S should be as prescribed by your doctor. There is no specific treatment available for an overdose of this medicine. If an overdose occurs, the patient is treated according to the symptoms they exhibit and supportive measures are taken as required. Inform your doctor immediately in case of an overdose.
Missed a Dose
If you miss a dose, take it as soon as you remember. However, if it is time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose. Do not take extra medicine to compensate for the missed dose.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can I take aspirin and this medicine at the same time?
A: Yes, you can take an aspirin if necessary while you are being treated with this medicine.
Q: What happens once I stop taking the medicine? Can I just stop taking this medicine?
A: If you have been taking a statin medicine and would like to stop, you will need to do so according to the guidance of a doctor. Stopping treatment with a statin can be a complicated process that needs the expertise of a doctor to adjust the dosage, watch for symptoms and side effects, etc. These medicines are highly effective in preventing heart problems such as heart attack and stroke and stopping treatment with them affects the condition they were prescribed for.
Q: Can this medicine cause me any bodily pain?
A: This medicine can cause muscle pain in higher dosages, and when it is combined with certain medications.
Q: Can children take this medicine?
A: This medicine is not approved for use in patients aged ten years and younger. Please consult your doctor.
Q: Is this medicine a blood thinner or not?
A: This medicine lowers cholesterol levels in the body; it is not a blood thinner. It works by slowing down the process of production of cholesterol in the body. This decreases the cholesterol build-up on the wall of the arteries that can block the blood flow to the heart, brain and other parts of the body. By lowering the levels of cholesterol and triglycerides, the medicine prevents the chances of a stroke and a heart attack.
Last Updated on: 15 Aug 2020 | 09:11 PM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved