Sucral O Susp 200ml
By STRASSENBURG PHARMACEUTICALS LTD
200ml Suspension in Bottle
Inclusive of all taxes
30 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Sucral-O Suspension is an oral suspension that contains two main ingredients, Sucralfate and Oxetacaine. Sucral-O is used to treat ulcers and prevent the reoccurrence of ulcers in the stomach and intestine. It also provides relief from pain, post-meal acidity and heartburn associated with acid reflux and inflammation in the stomach. It should be taken as directed by the doctor and in doses and duration as prescribed. It should preferably be taken 1 hour before food.
Uses of Sucral O Susp 200ml
Sucral-O Suspension is used for instant relief from acidity, heartburn and pain due to post-meal acid reflux. It also used for prevention of and recurrence of ulcers.
Contraindications of Sucral O Susp 200ml
If you are allergic to Sucralfate, Oxetacaine or any of the other ingredients of Sucral-O suspension
Side effects of Sucral O Susp 200ml
- Dry mouth
- Loss of appetite
- Increased thirst
Precautions and Warnings of Sucral O Susp 200ml
Can I take Sucral-O Suspension during pregnancy?
It is not advisable to use Sucral-O Suspension during pregnancy as there is limited safety information regarding the use of this medicine in pregnant women.
Can I take Sucral-O Suspension while breastfeeding?
It is not advisable to be used in lactating mothers as there is limited information available on its safety in lactating women and its effect on the breastfed infant.
Can I drive if I have consumed Sucral-O Suspension?
There is limited information about the effects of this medicine on driving. However, this medicine may sometimes cause dizziness, avoid driving if you do not feel well or are unable to be alert.
Can I consume alcohol with Sucral-O Suspension?
Although there is no known interaction with alcohol, it can worsen the pain and interfere with the healing process of ulcers. Hence, alcohol should be avoided.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have severe kidney or liver-related disorders or you are undergoing dialysis.
- You are taking magnesium-containing antacids for a prolonged period.
- You experience defective bone growth, soft bones or brain-related disorder due to aluminium toxicity.
- You are diabetic and experience a rise in blood glucose levels.
Mode of Action of Sucral O Susp 200ml
How Does It Work?
- Sucral-O suspension is a combination product it works by the combined action of Sucralfate and Oxetacaine.
- Sucralfate protects the digestive tract from the damaging effects of acids in the stomach, alcohol and medicinal substances like Aspirin and promotes the healing of ulcers.
- Oxetacaine inhibits acid production in the stomach by suppressing the action of an enzyme. It also acts as a local anaesthetic and provides relief from the pain associated with ulcers and acid reflux.
Directions for Use of Sucral O Susp 200ml
- Sucral-O suspension should be taken as instructed by your doctor.
- Take it preferably one hour before having your meals.
- Shake well before use.
- Use a measuring cup, spoon or dropper for the exact quantity.
Interactions of Sucral O Susp 200ml
Interactions with other medicines
- Sucral-O suspension may interact with other medicines and produce an altered response. Please tell your doctor if you are using any other medicines, over-the-counter medicines, herbal preparations or supplements.read less
- Sucral-O can reduce the action of medicines used for treating ulcers such as Cimetidine and Ranitidine.
- Sucral-O Suspension can reduce the action of Levothyroxine, a medicine used for thyroid-related disorder.
- The effect of Antibiotics known as Tetracyclines & Minocycline is decreased when used with this suspension.
- This medicine can decrease the effect of Theophylline which is used for asthma and breathlessness.
- Sucral-O decreases the effect of Phenytoin (a medicine used to control fits).
- Other medicines such as Digoxin (used for treating heart failure), Ciprofloxacin (antibiotic), Ketoconazole (antifungal) and medicine used to treat irregular heartbeats like Quinidine may interact with Sucral-O Suspension.read less
Interactions with food items
Your doctor may preferably ask you to take Sucral-O suspension at least 1 hour before food.
Storage and disposal of Sucral O Susp 200ml
- Store Sucral-O suspension at room temperature.
- Keep away from children and pets.
Dosage of Sucral O Susp 200ml
The overdose of Sucral-O Suspension may result in symptoms like stomach pain, vomiting, dizziness and fainting. In case of an overdose, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital.
Missed a Dose
If you miss any dose of medicine, take it as soon as you remember. If it's time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dose schedule. Do not take a double dose of this medicine to compensate for the missed one.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can I give Sucral-O Suspension to a child?
A: No, it is not recommended for children as there is limited safety information related to the use of Sucral-O Suspension in children.
Q: Can I use Sucral-O Suspension for acidity?
A: Yes, it can be used for acidity. It reduces acid production in the stomach and also relieves pain and heartburn.
Q: Is Sucral-O Suspension safe in people with diabetes?
A: Yes, diabetic patients can use Sucral-O Suspension. However, this medicine should be used carefully as it tends to increase blood glucose levels. It is important to consult your doctor before using this medicine and inform him/her about the diabetic condition.
Q: Can I use Sucral-O for gastritis?
A: Gastritis is a condition of inflammation of the lining of the stomach and it usually occurs due to an infection. Sucral-O is not active against infections. Thus, it should not be used in such a case.
Other Products from this Brand
|You Save||₹36.45 (15% on MRP)|
|Best Offer||Use Code: 18SAVE & get 18% discount|
|Contains||Sucralfate(1.0 G),Oxetacaine / Oxethazaince(10.0 Mg)|
|Uses||Acidity, heartburn, stomach and intestine ulcers|
|Side effects||Dry mouth, diarrhoea, loss of appetite, increased thirst, headache|
Last Updated on: 12 Feb 2021 | 12:28 PM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved