Sucral O Bottle Of 100ml Suspension
By STRASSENBURG PHARMACEUTICALS LTD
100ml Suspension in Bottle
Inclusive of all taxes
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Sucral-O is an oral suspension used for the treatment of ulcers and relieving pain and discomfort due to ulcer and acid reflux. It contains Sucralfate and Oxetacaine as its main ingredients. Sucralfate is a cytoprotective agent that acts by sticking to the ulcer tissues and forming a barrier to protect them from further damage. Oxetacaine exerts a local anaesthetic effect on the surface of the stomach lining and relieves pain and discomfort. You should take this medicine on an empty stomach. Along with taking the medicine make certain lifestyle modification such as eating a balanced diet, regular exersice, limiting alcohol consumption and avoid alcohol can help you manage your ulcer problems.
Uses of Sucral O Bottle Of 100ml Suspension
- It used for the prevention and recurrence of ulcers in the stomach and the intestine. It also helps in relieving pain, discomfort and irritation due to ulcers or inflammation in the stomach or food pipe (oesopghagitis).read less
Contraindications of Sucral O Bottle Of 100ml Suspension
If you are allergic to Sucralfate, Oxetacaine or any of the other ingredients of this suspension.
Side effects of Sucral O Bottle Of 100ml Suspension
- A dry mouth
- Loss of appetite
- Increased thirst
Precautions and Warnings of Sucral O Bottle Of 100ml Suspension
Can I take the Sucral-O Suspension during pregnancy?
It is not advisable to use Sucral-O Suspension during pregnancy as there is limited safety information regarding the use of this medicine in pregnant women.
Can I take the Sucral-O Suspension while breastfeeding?
It is not advisable to be used in lactating mothers as there is limited information available about its safety in lactating women and its effect on the breastfed infant.
Can I drive if I have consumed the Sucral-O Suspension?
It is not known if it alters the driving ability of an individual.
Can I consume alcohol with the Sucral-O Suspension?
Although there is no known interaction with alcohol, it can worsen the pain and interfere with the healing process of ulcers. Hence, alcohol should be avoided.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have severe kidney or liver-related disorders or you are undergoing dialysis.
- You are taking magnesium-containing antacids for a prolonged period.
- You experience defective bone growth, soft bones or brain-related disorder due to aluminium toxicity.
- You are diabetic and experience a rise in blood glucose levels.
Mode of Action of Sucral O Bottle Of 100ml Suspension
How Does It Work?
- Sucral-O Suspension is a combination product that works by the combined action of Sucralfate and Oxetacaine.
- Sucralfate protects the digestive tract by forming a barrier. This protects the ulcer tissues from the damaging effects of acids in the stomach, alcohol and medicinal substances like Aspirin and promotes the healing of ulcers.read less
- It acts as a local anaesthetic and provides relief from the pain associated with ulcers and acid reflux. It may also have a role in reducing the production of acids in the stomach.
Directions for Use of Sucral O Bottle Of 100ml Suspension
- Take Sucral-O suspension as prescribed by your doctor on an empty stomach.
- Use a proper measuring spoon or cup for exact quantities.
- Do not take more than the prescribed dose or too often than the prescribed duration.
Interactions of Sucral O Bottle Of 100ml Suspension
Interactions with other medicines
- Sucral-O Suspension may interact with other medicines and produce an altered response. Please tell your doctor if you are using any other medicines, over-the-counter medicines, herbal preparations or supplements.read less
- Sucral-O can reduce the action of medicines used for treating ulcers such as Cimetidine and Ranitidine.
- Sucral-O Suspension can reduce the action of Levothyroxine, a medicine used for the thyroid-related disorder.
- The effect of Antibiotics known as Tetracyclines & Minocycline is decreased when used with this suspension.
- This medicine can decrease the effect of Theophylline which is used for asthma and breathlessness.
- Sucral-O decreases the effect of Phenytoin (a medicine used to control fits).
- Other medicines such as Digoxin (used for treating heart failure), Ciprofloxacin (antibiotic), Ketoconazole (antifungal) and medicines used to treat irregular heartbeats like Quinidine may interact with Sucral-O Suspension.read less
Storage and disposal of Sucral O Bottle Of 100ml Suspension
- Store it at room temperature, away from light and moisture.
- Keep it out of the reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Sucral O Bottle Of 100ml Suspension
An overdose of Sucral-O Suspension may result in symptoms like stomach pain, vomiting, dizziness and fainting. In case of an overdose, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital.
Missed a Dose
If you have missed any dose of this medicine, take it as soon as you remember. If it's time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose of this medicine to compensate for the missed one.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can I give the Sucral-O Suspension to a child?
A: No, it is not recommended for children as there is limited safety information about the use of Sucral-O Suspension in children.
Q: Can I use Sucral-O for gastritis?
A: Gastritis is a condition of inflammation of the lining of the stomach and it usually occurs due to an infection. Sucral-O can help relieve pain and irritation in the stomach due to gastritis but it does not treat the infection.
Q: Is Sucral-O Suspension safe in people with diabetes?
A: Yes, diabetic patients can use Sucral-O Suspension. However, this medicine should be used carefully as it tends to increase blood glucose levels. It is important to consult your doctor before using this medicine and inform him/her about the diabetic condition.
- USPI. Carafate oral suspension. [Accessed on 11-03-2021] (online)
- Sucrafil O gel. Fourrts Pharma. (Sucralfate and Oxetacaine). [Accessed on 11-03-2021] (online)
- HMIS. Pharma directory. Oxethazaine. [Accessed on 11-03-2021] (online)
- Drugsbank. Oxetacaine. [Accessed on 11-03-2021] (online)
- American Addiction Centers. Effects of Alcohol on the Body & Mind. [Accessed on 10-03-2021] (online)
|You Save||₹21.97 (15% on MRP)|
|Best Offer||Use Code: 18SAVE & get 18% discount|
|Contains||Sucralfate(1.0 G),Oxetacaine / Oxethazaince(10.0 Mg)|
|Uses||Stomach and intestinal ulcers|
|Side effects||Constipation, diarrhoea, dry mouth, stomach upset|
Last Updated on: 16 Mar 2021 | 08:35 AM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
Offers Just for you
Flat 20% off + 20% cashback on your 1st medicine order
Flat 20% off + 20% Cashback on all medicines + Flat Rs. 150 off on Urban Company Disinfection Services
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved