Sotret Nf 16mg Strip Of Capsules
By SUN PHARMA
10 Capsule(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
30 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Sotret Nf 16 MG Description
Sotret NF 16 capsule is used to treat severe forms of acne when other therapies, like antibiotic therapies, are not responsive. It contains isotretinoin as an active ingredient. Isotretinoin is a der
ivative of vitamin A. Take this medicine in the exact dose and duration as suggested by the doctor. Do not take more than the prescribed dose. Sotret NF 16 capsules should not be used by females who are pregnant. Before using this medicine, inform your doctor if you are pregnant, planning for a baby or are breastfeeding and about your complete medical history.
|You Save||₹51.00 (15% on MRP)|
|Side effects||Headache, dry eyes, dry skin|
Check more medicines with composition as Isotretinoin(16.0 Mg)
Uses of Sotret Nf 16 MG
Sotret NF 16 capsule is used to treat severe forms of acne and acne unresponsive to antibiotic therapy.
Contraindications of Sotret Nf 16 MG
- If you are allergic to isotretinoin or other components of Sotret NF 16 capsule.
- If you are taking antibiotics from class tetracycline. If you are not sure what this medicine is, please confirm with your doctor.
- If you have liver or pancreas disorders.
- If you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
- If you have higher levels of lipid in the blood.
- If you have abnormal levels of vitamin A in the body.
Side effects of Sotret Nf 16 MG
- Dry eyes
- Nasal dryness
- Dry skin
Precautions and Warnings of Sotret Nf 16 MG
Can I take Sotret NF 16 capsule during pregnancy?
Sotret NF 16 capsule should not be used by pregnant women. Women who are capable of having children should use effective methods of birth control during treatment. Inform the doctor if you are pregnant or planning for a baby before initiating treatment with this medicine. If you become pregnant while taking the treatment inform the doctor immediately.
Can I take Sotret NF 16 capsule while breastfeeding?
It is not known if components of Sotret NF 16 capsule pass into human breast milk. Thus, it is recommended that breastfeeding must be discontinued while receiving treatment with this medicine.
Can I drive after consuming Sotret NF 16 capsule?
Sotret NF 16 capsule may cause decreased night vision. If you experience any such effects after taking this medicine that may affect your ability to drive safely, it is advised to avoid driving and operating machinery during the night.
Can I consume alcohol while taking Sotret NF 16 capsule?
No information is available about the interaction of this medicine with alcohol. Ask your doctor for advice on the use of alcohol with this medicine.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You suffer from psychiatric disorders like anxiety, mood changes, etc.
- You are a male partner taking this medicine.
- You experience dry eyes or vision problems while taking this medicine.
- You suffer from joint and body aches following treatment with this medicine.
- You are a woman of childbearing age. Effective contraceptive measures must be used while taking this medicine.
- You suffer from diabetes, obesity, liver or intestine disease.
- Avoid exposure to sunlight and ultraviolet lights.
- You have an abnormal white blood cell count.
- You must not donate the blood during the treatment and for at least 1 month after the treatment.
- Sotret NF 16 capsule must not be given to children under 12 years of age.
Mode of Action of Sotret Nf 16 MG
How Does It Work?
Sotret NF 16 capsule works by decreasing oil production on the skin which is the main cause of acne. It slows down the production of natural substances that cause acne.
Directions for Use of Sotret Nf 16 MG
- Take Sotret NF 16 capsule exactly as directed by your doctor.
- Swallow it as a whole with a glass of water.
- Do not cut, break or chew the medicine.
- Do not take more than the prescribed dose.
- Take it at a fixed time for optimal benefits.
Interactions of Sotret Nf 16 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines affect the way Sotret NF 16 capsule works or this medicine itself reduces the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Inform the doctor regarding the medicines, supplements or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid possible interaction.
- Inform the physician regarding a planned surgery or vaccination schedule.
- Vitamin A supplements, certain birth control pills and antibiotics must not be taken while taking this medicine.
- Medicines used for managing seizures like phenytoin and steroids must be used with caution.
Storage and disposal of Sotret Nf 16 MG
- Store Sotret NF 16 capsule in a cool and dry place.
- Keep it away from children and pets.
Dosage of Sotret Nf 16 MG
Symptoms of overdose of Sotret NF 16 capsule are vomiting, facial flushing, abdominal pain, headache, dizziness, etc. If you think you have taken too much of this medicine, inform your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital....
Missed a Dose
You should try not to miss a dose of Sotret NF 16 capsule. However, if you missed a dose, take it as soon as possible. If it is time for the next dose, skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Avoid taking a double dose to compensate for the missed dose....
Dr. Arpit Verma
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Dr. Ritu Budania
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: For how long do I need to use Sotret NF 16 capsule?
A: The duration of Sotret NF 16 capsule depends on the response to treatment. Follow the doctor's instructions and avoid stopping this medicine on your own. If you stop using it on your own, the acne may return or get worse.
Q: What is Sotret NF 16 capsule used for?
A: Sotret NF 16 capsule is used to treat severe forms of acne and acne that are not responsive to antibiotic therapy.
Q: Is Sotret NF 16 capsule safe to take in pregnancy?
A: Sotret NF 16 capsule should not be used by pregnant women. Women who are capable of having children should use effective methods of birth control during treatment. Inform the doctor if you are pregnant or planning for a baby before initiating treatment with this medicine. If you become pregnant while taking the treatment inform the doctor immediately.
Q: Can I take Sotret NF 16 capsule with food?
A: Sotret NF 16 capsule should be taken exactly as directed by your doctor. However, it can be taken with or without food.
Q: What precautions must I follow while taking Sotret NF 16?
- Avoid cosmetic procedures to smooth the skin, including waxing, dermabrasion or laser procedures, while you are taking this medicine and for at 6 months after treatment.
- Avoid sunlight and ultraviolet lights.
- Avoid giving this medicine to others with a similar problem.
Q: Does Sotret NF 16 remove dark spots?
A: Sotret NF 16 capsule is used for the treatment of acne and hence it does not remove dark spots. However, some of the brown spots may clear up as your acne clears. Ask your doctor for further advice on the same.
Country of Origin
Expires on or After
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed