Salicarb Sr 400mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Salicarb Sr 400mg Strip Of 10 Tablets Description
Salicarb Sr 400mg Strip Of 10 Tablets is an anti-convulsant medicine that is used to treat certain types of seizures/fits (partial and generalised tonic-clonic seizures). Epilepsy is a condition whe
re there are brief occurrences of loss or disturbance of consciousness with or without convulsions. These episodes (seizures/fits) are unpredictable and their occurrence does not have a fixed pattern. This medicine has an active component called carbamazepine that prevents the occurrence of seizures/fits in some forms of epilepsy. Your doctor will recommend this medicine to you and will tell you how and when to take them. Always follow his/her instructions carefully and take the medicine at the right time. Tell your doctor about any medical problems, other medicines and supplements that you are taking. This medicine is not to be used in children under 5 years.
Uses of Salicarb Sr 400mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Contraindications of Salicarb Sr 400mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- If you are allergic to carbamazepine or any other ingredient of Salicarb Sr 400mg Strip Of 10 Tablets .
- If you are allergic to tricyclic antidepressants such as clomipramine, imipramine, amitriptyline, nortriptyline, doxepin. Ask your doctor what these medicines are if you are not sure.
- If you have a type of heart block known as an atrioventricular block (AV block).
- If you have had a history of bone marrow depression (decreased number of those cells in the bone marrow that can develop into all types of blood cells).
- If you have a history of hepatic porphyrias (acute intermittent porphyria, variegate porphyria, porphyria, cutanea tarda).
- Salicarb Sr 400mg Strip Of 10 Tablets is contraindicated to be used along with monoamine oxidase inhibitors (MAO's like selegiline, rasagiline, phenelzine, tranylcypromine).
Side effects of Salicarb Sr 400mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Red itchy skin bumps
Precautions and Warnings of Salicarb Sr 400mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Other General Warnings
- You have a history of bone marrow depression.
- You have or have a history of any kind of liver or kidney disease.
- You have any kind of heart disease.
- You have thyroid disorders and take medicines for them.
- You have taken medicines called monoamine oxidase inhibitors (MAOIs) within the last 14 days.
- If you develop symptoms like skin rashes, itchy bumps, mouth sores, blistering or peeling of the skin, yellowing of the skin and eyes, severe weakness, severe muscle pain, unusual bruising or bleeding, frequent infections that do not go away, fever, trouble swallowing or breathing, tiny pinpoint red to purple spots on your skin. These may indicate serious problems in your liver or blood cells....
- You develop signs and symptoms of an allergic reaction to the medicine (fever, rashes, weakness, red itchy skin bumps, nausea, vomiting, dizziness, sleepiness, impaired coordination, swelling, decrease in white blood cells count)....
- You are pregnant or planning on becoming pregnant soon.
- You are a woman and do not use an effective method of contraception or use oral hormonal contraceptives.
- You experience an increase in the frequency of seizures after taking Salicarb Sr 400mg Strip Of 10 Tablets .
Mode of Action of Salicarb Sr 400mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Salicarb Sr 400mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Take Salicarb Sr 400mg Strip Of 10 Tablets as a whole with sufficient water.
- Always take this medicine exactly as prescribed by your doctor.
- Do not consume more than the prescribed dose.
- Do not discontinue the medicine on your own without consulting your doctor.
Interactions of Salicarb Sr 400mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Salicarb Sr 400mg Strip Of 10 Tablets works or this itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all medicines, supplements or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction.
- Care should be taken when Salicarb Sr 400mg Strip Of 10 Tablets is given along with CYP3A4 inhibitors (erythromycin, clarithromycin, ketoconazole, itraconazole, verapamil, diltiazem, ritonavir, grapefruit juice), CYP3A4 inducers (rifampicin, barbiturates, anti-epileptic medicines) or inhibitors of epoxide hydrolase. The dose of Salicarb Sr 400mg Strip Of 10 Tablets should be adjusted accordingly. ...
- This may reduce the effect of oral hormonal contraceptives and lead to failure of contraception. Women of childbearing potential (women who have not yet reached menopause and are capable of becoming pregnant) should be advised to use other effective methods of contraception....
- This medicine interacts with monoamine oxidase inhibitors (MAO inhibitors like selegiline, rasagiline, isocarboxazid, phenelzine, tranylcypromine) and are not to be taken together.
- Special attention must be paid to combinations of Salicarb Sr 400mg Strip Of 10 Tablets with levetiracetam, isoniazid, lithium, diuretics (hydrochlorothiazide, furosemide) and direct-acting anti-coagulants (rivaroxaban, dabigatran, apixaban, edoxaban)....
Storage and disposal of Salicarb Sr 400mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Store Salicarb Sr 400mg Strip Of 10 Tablets s in a cool and dry place below 30°C away from direct sunlight.
- Keep it out of reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Salicarb Sr 400mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What time during the day should I take Salicarb Sr 400mg Strip Of 10 Tablets ?
Q: Can I stop taking Salicarb Sr 400mg Strip Of 10 Tablets if I do not have seizures anymore?
Q: Can I take Salicarb Sr 400mg Strip Of 10 Tablets along with my other regular medicines?
Q: How much time does Salicarb Sr 400mg Strip Of 10 Tablets take initially to show its effect on the body?
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 10 May 2022]
- Tegretol 200mg Prolonged Release Tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 10 May 2022].
- Tegretol® -XR (carbamazepine extended-release tablets) [Internet]. Novartis.us. 2022 [cited 10 May 2022].
- Carbamazepine Sandoz retard tablet 400, prolonged release tablet 400 mg [Internet]. Mri.cts-mrp.eu. 2022 [cited 10 May 2022].
- Carbamazepine: medicine to treat epilepsy and nerve pain [Internet]. nhs.uk. 2022 [cited 10 May 2022].