Rostar F Tablet
By TORRENT PHARMACEUTICALS LTD
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
15 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Rostar F Tablet is a combination medicine used for the treatment of increased levels of cholesterol. It contains a combination of rosuvastatin and fenofibrate as its active ingredient. This medicine works by interfering with the formation of cholesterol or fat in your body. Cholesterol is a wax-like substance produced by your liver that plays an important role in maintaining cell membrane, hormone production, storage of vitamins and functioning of the brain. However, when it is produced in excess can lead to heart-related conditions and stroke. Before initiating the treatment inform your doctor about your complete medical history. The dose and duration of this medicine will be decided by your doctor after accessing your complete medical history. Individuals with high cholesterol often end up developing other health-related complications, to avoid that you must take this medicine on time and follow the certain lifestyle and dietary modifications as suggested by your doctor....
|You Save||₹44.21 (18% on MRP)|
|Best Offer||Use Code: 18SAVE & get 18% discount|
|Contains||Fenofibrates(160.0 Mg),Rosuvastatin(10.0 Mg)|
|Side effects||Nausea, vomiting, headache, constipation, headache, gases, muscle pain, stomach pain|
Check more medicines with composition as Fenofibrates(160.0 Mg) + Rosuvastatin(10.0 Mg)
10 Brand Alternate(s)
Contains same composition as Rostar F Tablet
Uses of Rostar F Tablet
For the treatment of high cholesterol (combined hyperlipidaemia) in patients who have normal kidney and liver function. Combined hyperlipidaemia is a common medical condition of increased blood cholesterol and triglyceride (fats) levels with an increased risk of getting a heart-related condition....
Contraindications of Rostar F Tablet
- If you are allergic to Rosuvastatin and/or Fenofibrate.
- If you are suffering from severe liver disease, increased liver enzymes.
- If you are suffering from severe kidney diseases.
- If you have repeated or unexplained muscle aches or pains.
- If you take a drug called ciclosporin (used after organ transplants).
- If you have gall bladder disease.
- If you have an inflammation of the pancreas.
Side effects of Rostar F Tablet
- Stomach pain
- Muscle pain
Precautions and Warnings of Rostar F Tablet
Can I take Rostar F Tablet during pregnancy?
Rostar F Tablet should not be used during pregnancy. Women of child bearing potential should use appropriate contraceptive measures.
Can I take Rostar F Tablet while breastfeeding?
Rostar F Tablet should not be used during breastfeeding as it is not known if components of this medicine pass in breast milk.
Can I drive if I have consumed Rostar F Tablet?
Dizziness may occur during the treatment with Rostar F, avoid driving if affected.
Can I consume alcohol with Rostar F Tablet?
It is not recommended to drink alcohol while you are taking Rostar F Tablet. Consult your doctor if you drink alcohol regularly or have any existing liver disease.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You are pregnant, breastfeeding or are planning to get pregnant.
- You are suffering from kidney or liver disorders or are above 70 years of age.
- You are suffering from diabetes mellitus, as this medicine may increase blood sugar levels.
- You are suffering from or have ever suffered from gall bladder stones (cholelithiasis) or any gall bladder disease (as this medicine increases the risk of the formation of gall bladder stones).
- You have or ever had or are experiencing unexplained muscle aches or pains and/or have a family history of muscle disorder.
- You have a thyroid disorder or lung related disorder.
- You consume large amount of alcohol or drink too often.
- It is recommended that you have your liver functioning tests and kidney functioning test done at regular intervals.
Mode of Action of Rostar F Tablet
How Does It Work?
Rosuvastatin works by interfering with the process of cholesterol synthesis. Cholesterol is made by an enzyme HMG-CoA reductase, rosuvastatin inhibits this enzyme, thus lowers cholesterol levels. It also increases good cholesterol also known as high-density lipoprotein (HDL) levels. Fenofibrate works by decreasing the bad cholesterol (LDL or low-density lipoprotein) and triglycerides by enhancing the natural lipid breakdown process (lipolysis) and increasing the concentration of good cholesterol (HDL or high-density lipoprotein)....
Directions for Use of Rostar F Tablet
- Take Rostar F Tablet as directed by your doctor with meals
- Swallow this Tablet as a whole with a glass of water.
Interactions of Rostar F Tablet
Interactions with other medicines
- Using Rostar F Tablet increases the risk of bleeding when used along with blood thinners like warfarin.
- Concomitant use of Rostar F Tablet along with medicines that reduce the activity of the immune system (ciclosporin) may lead to kidney damage.
- When Rostar F Tablet is taken along with medicines used to lower cholesterol (statins, gemfibrozil, fenofibrate, etc.) there is an increased chance of the development of muscle disorder.
- Oestrogen containing oral contraceptives may interfere with the working fenofibrate, the active ingredient in the Rostar F Tablet, hence the use of oral contraceptives should be done with caution along with the Rostar F Tablet....
- Concomitant use of medicines used to treat bacterial infections (fusidic acid) should be avoided as there is an increased risk of the development of muscle disorders.
- When medicines used to neutralise stomach acid (antacids) are taken along with Rostar F Tablet they tend to decrease the concentration of rosuvastatin (the active ingredient in the Rostar F Tablet) in the blood which may affect the efficacy of the medicine....
- Antiviral medicines like ritonavir are said to delay the elimination of rosuvastatin from the system, increasing its exposure to the system, concomitant use should be done carefully.
Dosage of Rostar F Tablet
If you have taken too much of Rostar F then contact your doctor or reach out to the nearest hospital immediately.
Missed a Dose
If you have missed taking any dose of this medicine then take it as soon as you remember. If it is already time for the next dose then skip the missed dose and follow your regular dosing schedule.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What does Rostar F Tablet contains?
A: Rostar F Tablet contains rosuvastatin and fenofibrate as an active ingredient. It is a cholesterol lowering medicine used for the treatment of hyperlipidemia.
Q: Is Rostar F a blood thinner?
A: No, Rostar F is not a blood thinner. It is a lipid-lowering medicine that is used for the treatment of increased levels of cholesterol.
Q: How do you take Rostar F?
A: Take Rostar F Tablet as directed by your doctor with meals or after meals. It is advised to take it at the same time every day for maximum benefits.
Q: What are the side effects of Rostar F?
A: Nausea, vomiting, headache, constipation, headache etc. are a few side effects of Rostar F. However, these symptoms are usually mild and resolve on your own.