Rizatan 5mg Tablet
Rizatan 5 MG Description
Rizatan Tablet contains rizatriptan. It is used in the treatment of migraine headaches with or without warning signs in adults. It works by reducing swelling of blood vessels surrounding the brain, t
herefore helps in the treatment of migraine headaches. It can be taken with or without food. This medicine should not be used for the prevention of migraine headaches.
- Rizact 5mg TabletBy Cipla Limited4 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 214.95₹ 182.71₹ 45.68/Tablet
Uses of Rizatan 5 MG
Contraindications of Rizatan 5 MG
- If you are allergic to Rizatriptan or any of the other ingredients of Rizatan Tablet.
- If you have severe liver disease or severe kidney disease.
- If you have a history of brain problems or heart disease.
- If you have high blood pressure.
- If blood flow to your legs or arms is reduced due to blockage of blood vessels.
- If you are taking other medicines for the prevention or treatment of migraine.
Side effects of Rizatan 5 MG
- Tingling sensation
- Feeling of heart beat
- Throat discomfort
- Dry mouth
- Nausea, vomiting or loose motions
- Chest pain
Precautions and Warnings of Rizatan 5 MG
Other General Warnings
- You have headaches due to a brain problem
- You have pain and tightness in the chest
- You have a heart disease
- You are taking other medicines for migraine
- You are taking any herbal medicines
- You have swelling in the face, tongue or airways
- You have liver disease or kidney disease or diabetes
Mode of Action of Rizatan 5 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Rizatan 5 MG
- Take Rizatan Tablet as prescribed by your doctor.
- This medicine should be swallowed whole with a glass of water.
- This medicine can be taken with or without food. If taken with food action of this medicine is delayed by 1 hour.
Interactions of Rizatan 5 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Taking Rizatan Tablet with other medicines used in the treatment of migraine headaches such as sumatriptan, zolmitriptan, naratriptan can cause heart problem and high blood pressure.
- Antibiotic medicine such as Linezolid, medicines used in heart diseases such as Propranolol when taken along with Rizact can increase the blood concentrations of this medicine.
- Inform your doctor about all other medicines you are consuming before starting with Rizatan Tablet.
Storage and disposal of Rizatan 5 MG
- Store Rizatan Tablet at room temperature in a cool and dry place.
- Keep it out of the reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Rizatan 5 MG
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: For what purpose is Rizatan Tablet used for?
Q: Will Rizatan Tablet help in Sinus headache?
Q: How does Rizatan Tablet help in migraine?
- Rizatriptan - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 25 May 2022]
- Rizatriptan - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 25 May 2022]
- CDSCO. Rizatriptan [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2022 [cited 25 May 2022]