Riscon Plus Tablets
By ICON LIFESCIENCES
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
We do not sell this product
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Riscon Plus Tablets Description
Riscon Plus tablet is used to treat mood disorders like schizophrenia and acute manic episodes of bipolar disorders. It belongs to a class of antipsychotic medicines. It has two components: Risperidone and Trihexyphenidyl. It works by restoring the balance of certain natural substances (dopamine and serotonin) in the brain, thereby helping you think clearly and take part in everyday life. It is taken orally with or without food as directed by your doctor, preferably at the same time daily. Your doctor should prescribe the dose and duration of the medicine. Do not skip the dose or abruptly stop the medication. Drowsiness, drooling, lightheadedness, orthostatic hypotension (sudden drop in blood pressure with the change of position) and weight gain are common side effects of this medicine. Do not take the medicine if you are allergic to its components. Please inform your doctor if you have diabetes, any heart condition, liver or kidney problem. The medication is unsafe in pregnant and breastfeeding mothers. Do not consume the medicine unless prescribed by a doctor....
|You Save||₹10.42 (15% on MRP)|
|Best Offer||Use Code: GRAND18 & get flat 18% OFF + up to Rs.1000 surprise cashback|
|Contains||Risperidone(3.0 Mg),Trihexyphenidyl / Benzhexol Hydrochloride(2.0 Mg)|
|Uses||Treats Schizophrenia and Bipolar disorder|
|Side effects||Somnolence (sedation), Agitation, Headache, Drowsiness, Orthostatic hypotension (drop in blood pressure with the change of posture), Weight gain|
Check more medicines with composition as Risperidone(3.0 Mg) + Trihexyphenidyl / Benzhexol Hydrochloride(2.0 Mg)
Uses of Riscon Plus Tablets
- Riscon Plus tablet is used to treat the following cases:
- Treats Schizophrenia (mood disorder)
- Relieves symptoms of bipolar disorders (mood disorder)
Contraindications of Riscon Plus Tablets
- Riscon Plus tablet is contraindicated in the following cases:
- If you are allergic to the medicine or any of its constituents or develop any serious side effect following its consumption
Side effects of Riscon Plus Tablets
- The common side effects of the Riscon Plus tablet are as follows:
- Weight gain
- Abnormal movements
- Agitation (irritability)
- Dizziness and drowsiness
- Orthostatic hypotension (sudden drop in blood pressure following a change in posture)
- Most of the common side effects listed above do not require any medical help and improve gradually. Consult your doctor if you develop any other symptoms or persistent symptoms.
Precautions and Warnings of Riscon Plus Tablets
Can I take a Riscon Plus tablet during pregnancy?
Riscon Plus tablets are unsafe in pregnancy. Studies have shown an increased risk of breathing difficulties in the baby or problems like the premature birth of a newborn. However, studies are limited, and the doctor weighs the potential side effects versus benefits of the medicine and can prescribe the medicine if required to prevent relapses or recurrence of schizophrenia in the mother. Always inform your doctor in case you are pregnant or planning to conceive while on the medicine.
Can I take a Riscon Plus tablet while breastfeeding?
Riscon Plus tablet is unsafe for breastfeeding mothers. Limited data suggest that the medicine and its metabolite get excreted in breast milk and can adversely affect your newborn. It might cause excessive sleepiness, tremors (shaking) or abnormal muscle movement in the newborn. Always consult your doctor if you are a nursing mother.
Can I drive if I have taken the Riscon Plus tablet?
Driving should be avoided if you take a Riscon Plus tablet as it could impair your ability to drive. Riscon Plus tablet can cause drowsiness, dizziness, and blurred vision, hence avoid activities that require attention.
Can I consume alcohol with Riscon Plus?
Alcohol should not be consumed with the Riscon Plus tablet as simultaneous consumption of alcohol increases the risk of drowsiness, headache and dizziness. Alcohol may also lower the beneficial effects of the medicine if consumed along with it.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You develop a severe allergic reaction to the medicine.
- You experience persistent side effects which worsen over time.
- You have a history of substance abuse and addiction.
- You develop side effects like abnormal movement disorders (tardive dyskinesia), dry mouth, urinary retention, agitation or breathing difficulties.
- You have liver damage or kidney damage, or any heart condition.
- You are above 65 years of age or have dementia (memory loss) or high blood sugar levels(diabetes).
- You are debilitated (history of any long-standing medical condition).
- You have a history of alcoholism.
- You want to discontinue the medicine. Sudden stoppage of the medicine should be avoided. The medicine needs to be slowly tapered by your doctor.
Mode of Action of Riscon Plus Tablets
How Does It Work?
Riscon Plus tablet is chemically composed of a fixed-dose combination of Risperidone and Trihexyphenidyl. Risperidone belongs to a group of medicines called atypical antipsychotics. It acts on the brain by restoring the levels of certain natural substances like dopamine and serotonin (chemical messengers), thereby elevating your mood, thought and behaviour. Trihexyphenidyl belongs to a class of medicines called anticholinergics, works on the central nervous system and corrects abnormal movements. Riscon Plus relieves the symptoms of schizophrenia and mood disorders. It helps you think clearly, improves the quality of life....
Directions for Use of Riscon Plus Tablets
- Do not start the medicine without consulting a doctor.
- Take the dose and duration of the medicine as prescribed by your doctor.
- Take the medicine orally with or without food with a glass of water, preferably at the same time daily.
- Do not chew or crush or attempt to split the tablet.
- Follow your doctor's instructions carefully and regularly to get the maximum benefit.
- Do not abruptly stop the medicine or skip doses.
- Consult your doctor immediately in case of persistent side effects or severe allergic reactions.
Interactions of Riscon Plus Tablets
Interactions with other medicines
- Riscon Plus can interfere with the beneficial effects of the following medicines or vice versa:
- Artemether (used in malaria) increases the risk of an irregular heart rhythm
- Apomorphine (analgesic) decreases the effectiveness of apomorphine
- Amiodarone (treats irregular heart rhythm) increases the risk of an irregular heart rhythm
- Fluoxetine and Citalopram(antidepressants) increase the blood levels and effects of Riscon Plus tablets leading to increased chances of its side effects
Interactions with food items
- Riscon Plus tablets can be taken with or without food. Consult your doctor for more information. Avoid alcohol while on the Riscon Plus tablet. The medicine can cause weight gain when taken for a long time as its side effect, hence eat healthily and exercise regularly....
Storage and disposal of Riscon Plus Tablets
Store Riscon Plus tablets at room temperature away from light and moisture. Keep the tablets out of reach of children and pets. Dispose of the medicine properly if it is expired or is no longer needed....
Dosage of Riscon Plus Tablets
If you have overdosed, look for symptoms like drowsiness, dizziness, fast or irregular heartbeat, visual problems, uncontrolled movements, fits or breathing difficulties. Report to the emergency or call for medical help immediately if you experience these side effects. Overdosage of the medicine can be life-threatening....
Missed a Dose
If you miss a dose, take the next dose as soon as you remember. If it is the time of your next dose, skip the missed dose. Avoid doubling up the dose to catch up.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: My mother has been on a Riscon plus tablet for the last six months as prescribed by her doctor. Can I ask her to stop taking the tablet as she seems fine now?
A: No, the tablet should not be stopped abruptly on your own. The doctor will gradually taper the dose of the medicine and withdraw it if required. Please consult your doctor about the same.
Q: Is it true that the Riscon Plus tablet causes weight gain and diabetes in the future? What can be done to avoid the same since I have been taking it for a long time?
A: Yes, weight gain is a common side effect of Riscon plus when taken for longer durations. It also can increase your blood sugar levels and cholesterol levels and put you at risk of developing diabetes. Try to keep your eating habits healthy and exercise regularly. Consult your doctor for more information. The doctor weighs the potential risks and benefits of the medicine before prescribing.
Q: Who can be prescribed Riscon plus tablets, and how does it work?
A: Riscon plus tablet is used to treat Schizophrenia and Bipolar disorders (mood disorders). It acts on the brain by restoring the levels of certain natural substances like dopamine and serotonin (chemical messengers), thereby elevating your mood, thought and behaviour. A doctor can only diagnose schizophrenia. A doctor’s consultation should only start the medicine.
Expires on or After
Understanding FPG, PPG & HbA1c Numbers In Diabetes
Common Diseases You Should Be Wary About This Rainy Season
Frequently Asked Questions On Diabetes And Obesity
Common Illnesses During Monsoons In India
Your Healthcare App Now Has Beauty Products Too!
Can Home Remedies Help With Cataracts?
How Good Are Exercises For Cataracts? Know more.
Gift Your First Superhero The Power Of Unbeatable Health
6 Foods That Will Help You Deal With Hydrocele
Foods To Eat And Avoid With Varicocele
Sitopaladi Churna: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects & More!
Munakka: Benefits, Side Effects, Precautions and More!
Kanchanar Guggulu: Benefits, Side Effects, Precautions & More!
Nagkesar – Benefits, Uses, Side Effects & More!
Ashokarishta: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects, Precautions & More!
Amaltas – Uses, Benefits, Side Effects & More!
Kaunch Beej: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects, Precautions & More!
Jatamansi: Uses, Benefits, Precautions & More!
Kalmegh: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects, Precautions & More!
Sarpagandha – Uses, Benefits, Side Effects, Precautions & More!
Chandraprabha Vati: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects, Precautions & More!
Home Remedies That Ease Your Hydrocele
6 Safe And Simple Exercises For Hydrocele
Ramsay Hunt Syndrome: What Is This Rare Condition?
How Is Internet Addiction Affecting Your Mental Health?
Kiwi: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects and More!
Star Anise: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects and More!
Saffron: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects and More!
Jackfruit: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects and More!
Safe Stretching Exercises You Can Try If Suffering From Phimosis
Pomegranate: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects, and More!
Things You Shouldn’t Do Before And After Sex
Black Cardamom: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects and More!
Galangal: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects and More!
Baby Hygiene: Everything You Should Know
Breaking Down The Baby’s Growth Stages | 0-5 Years
Lady Finger : Uses, Benefits, Side effects and More!
Amla Juice: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects and More!
Aloe Vera Juice: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects and More!
Phimosis – Causes, Symptoms And Remedies
Orange: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects and More!
Guide To The Third-Trimester Of Pregnancy For Expecting Moms
Lychee: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects and More!
Effective Home Remedies for Anti-Ageing
Best Home Remedies For Hangover
Exercises To Do If You Suffer From Varicocele
Varicocele – Symptoms, Causes, Home Remedies
The Link Between Our Gut And Overall Well-being
Can Aerobic Exercises Improve Your Overall Health?
Natural Home Remedies for Tooth Decay