Riscon Plus Tablets
Riscon Plus Tablets Description
Riscon Plus tablet is used to treat mood disorders like schizophrenia and acute manic episodes of bipolar disorders. It belongs to a class of antipsychotic medicines. It has two components: Risperido
ne and Trihexyphenidyl. It works by restoring the balance of certain natural substances (dopamine and serotonin) in the brain, thereby helping you think clearly and take part in everyday life. It is taken orally with or without food as directed by your doctor, preferably at the same time daily. Your doctor should prescribe the dose and duration of the medicine. Do not skip the dose or abruptly stop the medication. Drowsiness, drooling, lightheadedness, orthostatic hypotension (sudden drop in blood pressure with the change of position) and weight gain are common side effects of this medicine. Do not take the medicine if you are allergic to its components. Please inform your doctor if you have diabetes, any heart condition, liver or kidney problem. The medication is unsafe in pregnant and breastfeeding mothers. Do not consume the medicine unless prescribed by a doctor.
|₹11.34 (14% on MRP)
|Risperidone(3.0 Mg) + Trihexyphenidyl / Benzhexol Hydrochloride(2.0 Mg)
|Treats Schizophrenia and Bipolar disorder
|Somnolence (sedation), Agitation, Headache, Drowsiness, Orthostatic hypotension (drop in blood pressure with the change of posture), Weight gain
Uses of Riscon Plus Tablets
- Riscon Plus tablet is used to treat the following cases:
- Treats Schizophrenia (mood disorder)
- Relieves symptoms of bipolar disorders (mood disorder)
Contraindications of Riscon Plus Tablets
- Riscon Plus tablet is contraindicated in the following cases:
- If you are allergic to the medicine or any of its constituents or develop any serious side effect following its consumption
Side effects of Riscon Plus Tablets
- The common side effects of the Riscon Plus tablet are as follows:
- Weight gain
- Abnormal movements
- Agitation (irritability)
- Dizziness and drowsiness
- Orthostatic hypotension (sudden drop in blood pressure following a change in posture)
- Most of the common side effects listed above do not require any medical help and improve gradually. Consult your doctor if you develop any other symptoms or persistent symptoms.
Precautions and Warnings of Riscon Plus Tablets
Other General Warnings
- You develop a severe allergic reaction to the medicine.
- You experience persistent side effects which worsen over time.
- You have a history of substance abuse and addiction.
- You develop side effects like abnormal movement disorders (tardive dyskinesia), dry mouth, urinary retention, agitation or breathing difficulties.
- You have liver damage or kidney damage, or any heart condition.
- You are above 65 years of age or have dementia (memory loss) or high blood sugar levels(diabetes).
- You are debilitated (history of any long-standing medical condition).
- You have a history of alcoholism.
- You want to discontinue the medicine. Sudden stoppage of the medicine should be avoided. The medicine needs to be slowly tapered by your doctor.
Mode of Action of Riscon Plus Tablets
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Riscon Plus Tablets
- Do not start the medicine without consulting a doctor.
- Take the dose and duration of the medicine as prescribed by your doctor.
- Take the medicine orally with or without food with a glass of water, preferably at the same time daily.
- Do not chew or crush or attempt to split the tablet.
- Follow your doctor's instructions carefully and regularly to get the maximum benefit.
- Do not abruptly stop the medicine or skip doses.
- Consult your doctor immediately in case of persistent side effects or severe allergic reactions.
Interactions of Riscon Plus Tablets
Interactions with other medicines
- Riscon Plus can interfere with the beneficial effects of the following medicines or vice versa:
- Artemether (used in malaria) increases the risk of an irregular heart rhythm
- Apomorphine (analgesic) decreases the effectiveness of apomorphine
- Amiodarone (treats irregular heart rhythm) increases the risk of an irregular heart rhythm
- Fluoxetine and Citalopram(antidepressants) increase the blood levels and effects of Riscon Plus tablets leading to increased chances of its side effects
Interactions with food items
- Riscon Plus tablets can be taken with or without food. Consult your doctor for more information. Avoid alcohol while on the Riscon Plus tablet. The medicine can cause weight gain when taken for a long time as its side effect, hence eat healthily and exercise regularly....