Relidep 25mg Tablet
Relidep 25 MG Description
Relidep 25 mg Tablets aid in the treatment of the symptoms associated with depression. Depression causes behavioural changes in a person along with a change in attitude towards life. Relidep 25 mg Ta
blets contain amitriptyline as the chief ingredient. Amitriptyline is classified under a group of medications called tricyclic antidepressants. They work by affecting certain chemical messengers in our central nervous system(brain) and balancing them to alleviate the symptoms of depression. Relidep 25 mg Tablets should be consumed only if recommended by a doctor. The dosage of this medicine may vary from person to person, so do not let anyone use your medication. Relidep 25 mg Tablets should be used with caution in patients with a known heart, liver, or kidney condition. A dose adjustment may be needed in such people, thus consultation by a doctor is necessary. Some people may experience suicidal thoughts while using Relidep 25 mg Tablets. Thus, it is necessary for the caregivers to observe any change in habits or behaviour, and immediately notify the doctor. It is important to inform the doctor about any underlying conditions and about medicines that you have used or are currently using. Do not discontinue the medicine abruptly as it may lead to withdrawal symptoms like lack of energy, headache, and nausea.
|Side effects||nausea, vomiting, constipation, dryness of mouth, dizziness|
Uses of Relidep 25 MG
- Relidep 25 mg Tablets are used in,
- Treatment of depression
Contraindications of Relidep 25 MG
- If you have hypersensitivity to active or inactive components of Relidep Tablet.
- If you are pregnant.
- If you are lactating.
- If you have been diagnosed with any heart disease.
- If you have been diagnosed with any liver condition.
- If you use monoamine oxidase inhibitors or have used them in the last 14 days.
Side effects of Relidep 25 MG
- Dryness of mouth
- Blurring of vision
Precautions and Warnings of Relidep 25 MG
Other General Warnings
- You are older than 65 years of age.
- You ever had glaucoma, an eye condition.
- You have a history of seizure episodes.
- You have a history of diabetes.
- You have a history of schizophrenia, a mental disorder.
- You have an enlarged prostate.
- Your experience side effects that are persistent or worsen in time.
Mode of Action of Relidep 25 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Relidep 25 MG
- Take Relidep 25 mg Tablets exactly as advised by your doctor.
- Do not exceed the recommended dosage of Relidep Tabs, even if you cannot notice its effects.
- Take Relidep 25 mg Tablets as a whole with a glass of water. Do not break, crush, or chew it.
- Relidep Tablets can be taken with or without food.
- Do not take Relidep 25 mg Tablets with other medications without informing your doctor.
- Do not consume Relidep Tablets if the seal is broken.
Interactions of Relidep 25 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- To avoid side effects associated with medicine interactions, it is important to inform the doctor about all medicines and health supplements you are currently consuming.
- Relidep 25 mg Tablets may interact with the following medicines:
- Aceclofenac- risk of gastric bleeding may increase
- Aspirin- risk of gastric bleeding may increase
- Amantadine- risk of serotonin syndrome may increase
- Valdecoxib- risk of gastric bleeding increases
- Umeclidinium- risk of adverse side effects may increase
- Trimethoprim- decrease the metabolism of amitriptyline
Interactions with food items
- No adverse food interactions of Relidep Tablets have been recorded yet. However, it is essential to follow the dietary instructions given by your doctor. In case of weight gain, consult a dietician and exercise regularly....
Storage and disposal of Relidep 25 MG
Dosage of Relidep 25 MG
Missed a Dose
Dr. Vijay Y
MBBS, MD in Clinical Pharmacology
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can Relidep 25 mg Tablets have an influence on my sex life?
Q: I have a history of liver and kidney disease. Should I take Relidep 25 mg Tablets?
Q: What should I do if I do not notice any benefits of Relidep 25 mg Tablets?
- 2022. [online] Available at: <https://cdscoonline.gov.in/CDSCO/Drugs> [Accessed 4 March 2022].
- Drugs, H., 2022. Amitriptyline: MedlinePlus Drug Information. [online] Medlineplus.gov. Available at: <https://medlineplus.gov/druginfo/meds/a682388.html> [Accessed 4 March 2022].
- Encyclopedia, M. and overdose, A., 2022. Amitriptyline hydrochloride overdose: MedlinePlus Medical Encyclopedia. [online] Medlineplus.gov. Available at: <https://medlineplus.gov/ency/article/002631.htm> [Accessed 4 March 2022].