Razel 40mg Tablet
By GLENMARK PHARMACEUTICALS
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
30 days return policyRead More
This medicine consists of rosuvastatin which belongs to the statin group that is used to decrease the bad cholesterol, also known as low-density lipoprotein (LDL) in the body.
Uses of Razel 40mg Tab
- High cholesterol levels
- Heart disease. Reduce risk of heart attack
- High blood pressure
- Prevent stroke
Contraindications of Razel 40mg Tab
- Any liver or kidney problems
- Abnormal liver tests
- Allergic to this medicine
- Addiction to alcohol
- If you are taking a medicine called cyclosporin
Side effects of Razel 40mg Tab
- Stomach ache
- Muscle pain
- Patient should immediately report to the treating doctor if any signs of blood in the urine along with muscle pain is observed.
- Can cause jaundice and elevated liver enzymes. Liver function tests have to
- be monitored.
- Abnormal muscle breakdown (rhabdomyolysis)
Precautions and Warnings of Razel 40mg Tab
Can I take Razel 40mg Tab during pregnancy?
Do not take this medicine if you are pregnant or if you are planning pregnancy. Taking this medicine in pregnancy can be harmful to the foetus. Women of child bearing age should use an effective contraceptive while using this medicine.
Can I take Razel 40mg Tab while breastfeeding?
- Small amount of this medicine passes into breast milk. Limited data is available on safety about this medicine during breast feeding. It is unsafe to consume this medicine if you are planning to breast feed the baby.read less
Can I drive if I have consumed Razel 40mg Tab?
This medicine does not affect the ability to drive.
Can I consume alcohol with Razel 40mg Tab?
Alcohol intake should be reduced while on Razel 40mg Tab, which otherwise may lead to liver damage.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
Inform your doctor if you are on any medicine that contains fusidic acid
Mode of Action of Razel 40mg Tab
How Does It Work?
Cholesterol is made by an enzyme HMG-CoA reductase. Razel 40mg Tab inhibits this enzyme to lower cholesterol and bad cholesterol (LDL levels). It increases the good cholesterol also known as high-density lipoprotein (HDL) levels.
Directions for Use of Razel 40mg Tab
Use as directed by your doctor.
Interactions of Razel 40mg Tab
Interactions with other medicines
- Increased risk of myopathy, when used with other lipid-lowering agents.
- Monitor lipid levels to ensure lowest necessary dose of Razel 40mg Tab is used when given along with amiodarone, diltiazem, or verapamil.
- Many medications like cyclosporin,warfarin,oral contraceptive pills,itraconazole, ketoconazole, erythromycin, clarithromycin, telithromycin and HIV protease inhibitors have important interactions reducing the levels of statins.read less
- After taking this medicine within two hours any antacids like aluminum hydroxide should not be taken.
- This medicine should not be taken along with Fusidic acid even within 7 days of stopping it.
- Fusidic acid may lead to the serious side-effect of muscle breakdown (rhabdomylosis)
Interactions with food items
Limit intake of grapefruit juice to very small quantities.
Other general Interactions
There is insufficient information about this
Storage and disposal of Razel 40mg Tab
Store this medicine at room temperature, 20 to 25°C (68 to 77°F). Do not keep medicine that is out of date or that you no longer need.
Dosage of Razel 40mg Tab
Although no particular symptoms of an overdose are known, the symptoms may be similar to the side effects of this medicine such as headache, stomach pain, dizziness and heartburn.
Missed a Dose
If you miss a dose of this medicine, take it as soon as you remember. However, do not take 2 doses of this medicine within 12 hours of each other.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: How soon will Razel 40mg Tab work?
A: You may see results for lowering LDL cholesterol in 2–4 weeks after starting Razel 40mg Tab. Results may vary between individuals. On follow-up visits, your doctor may choose to adjust your dosage to help you reach your cholesterol goal.
Q: What are the precautions to follow?
- This medicine is part of a comprehensive program to reduce cholesterol levels. Avoid eating foods with a high fat content and exercise regularly for optimum results.
- Tell the doctor if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
- Tell the doctor if you have any liver/kidney ailment.
Q: What if my daily schedule interferes with taking my medicine?
A: Try to take your medicine at the same time every day. Try connecting your medicine with something you do every day, such as brushing your teeth or eating breakfast. This may help you remember to take it. Keep a daily calendar or set an alarm clock to go off at the time you need to take your medicine. You can also use a pill box with the days of the week on it.
Q: Can I stop Razel 40mg Tab immediately, if I feel better?
A: It is always advisable to stop intake of medicine gradually, as it may have a withdrawl effect.
Q: What precaution is to be taken, if Razel 40mg Tab that has expired is taken?
A: Taking a single dose of this medicine when expired is unlikely to cause any side effect. However, consult your doctor immediately.
Last Updated on: 15 Aug 2020 | 08:48 AM (IST)
Please add item(s) to proceed
- Side effects
- Precautions and Warnings
- Mode of Action
- Directions for Use
- Storage and disposal
1 Lakh+ Products
100% secure and trusted payment protection
Our Payment Partners
© 2020 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved