Ranicom 150mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
By COMED CHEMICALS PVT LTD
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
15 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Ranicom Tablet is used in the treatment of stomach and intestinal ulcers, heartburn, indigestion and gastroesophageal reflux disease. It contains ranitidine as its active ingredient. This medicine should only be taken for the duration as prescribed by your doctor. Do not self-medicate yourself. Along with this medicine, you need to make a slight change in your daily routine including less oily and spicy food, quit alcohol and smoke, etc for maximum results....
5 Brand Alternate(s)
Contains same composition as Ranicom 150mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Uses of Ranicom 150 MG
- Ranicom Tablet is used for the treatment of stomach and intestinal ulcers, heartburn and indigestion.
- Gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD) is a condition in which acid from the stomach comes up to the food pipe causing heartburn.
- For a condition called Zollinger-Ellison syndrome where the stomach produces too much acid due to the presence of a tumour.
Contraindications of Ranicom 150 MG
If you are allergic to this medicine or any of the ingredient of this medicine.
Side effects of Ranicom 150 MG
You may rarely experience headache, itching, rashes or fever.
Precautions and Warnings of Ranicom 150 MG
Can I take the Ranicom Tablet during pregnancy?
This medicine can be used by pregnant women only when prescribed by your doctor.
Can I take the Ranicom Tablet while breastfeeding?
Avoid the use of this medicine if you are breastfeeding as ranitidine passes into human milk. Consult with your doctor before breastfeeding.
Can I drive if I have consumed the Ranicom Tablet?
This medicine does not affect your ability to drive or to use machinery. However, if you experience side effects like dizziness, you should avoid driving or using machines.
Can I consume alcohol with the Ranicom Tablet?
There is no known interaction between alcohol and the Ranicom Tablet. However, avoid consuming alcohol as it is known to increase acidity and can make your acidity worse.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have kidney problems, as dose adjustments may be needed.
- You are taking painkillers and are suffering from a peptic ulcer.
- You have any underlying medical condition like liver or kidney-related problem, etc.
- You are an adult or an elderly person suffering from dyspeptic (indigestion).
- You have a history of any blood disorder related to haemoglobin (porphyria).
- You are an older person having compromised immunity, lungs disorder or diabetes.
Mode of Action of Ranicom 150 MG
How Does It Work?
The stomach produces acid to digest food. When this acid is produced in excess, it can lead to acidity, heartburn and ulcers. Ranicom Tablet works by blocking the secretion of gastric acid and thereby reduces the amount of acid present in the stomach. This helps in the relief of acid concerned indigestion and heartburn....
Directions for Use of Ranicom 150 MG
- Take the Ranicom Tablet as your doctor has advised you.
- Swallow it as a whole with a glass of water. It should preferably be taken after meals.
- It would be best if you take it at a fixed time for optimal results. You should not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor.
Interactions of Ranicom 150 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Ranicom Tablet may interact with other medications and provide an altered response to the treatment. Please notify your doctor if you are undergoing any other treatments, over-the-counter medications and herbal preparations....
- Especially, if you are taking blood thinners like warfarin and ant-epileptic medicines like phenytoin, close monitoring is needed.
- Other medicines that should be used with caution are medicines for a brain-related disorder like diazepam, triazolam, anti-fungal medicines like ketoconazole, antihypertensive medicines, anti-HIV medicines, anti-cancer medicines, heart-related medicines, etc....
Storage and disposal of Ranicom 150 MG
- Store this medicine below 25°C, protected from light and moisture.
- Keep this medicine out of the reach of children.
Dosage of Ranicom 150 MG
There are no known symptoms of an overdose. However, if you have taken too much dose of this medicine, seek medical help or call the doctor immediately.
Missed a Dose
If you have missed any dose, take it as soon as you remember. If it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and take the next dose at the scheduled time. Do not take a double dose to compensate for the missed dose....
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What is acid reflux?
A: There is a valve-like structure called the sphincter between the food pipe and stomach. This valve prevents the acid and the food in your stomach from coming back into the food pipe. When this valve is weak or damaged, acid starts entering the stomach causing heartburn, difficulty in swallowing and food regurgitation.
Q: Can I reduce my acidity problem by changing my lifestyle habits?
- Yes, you can control acidity problem by incorporating certain lifestyle modifications. Eat smaller meals more frequently throughout the day, avoid lying down for 1 hour after a meal. Wear loose-fitting clothing to avoid pressure on your abdomen....
- Avoid sugary drinks, processed food, meat, sodas, a high protein diet. Limit alcohol consumption and quit smoking.
- Consult your doctor for more personalised information on diet and lifestyle modifications.
Q: How long should I take the Ranicom Tablet?
A: Use it only for the duration as prescribed by your doctor. Prolonged use is not recommended.
Q: When should I take the Ranicom Tablet?
A: Take it exactly as told by your treating doctor. It should preferably be taken after having your meal.
Q: Can smoking and alcohol increase acidity and GERD?
A: Yes, both cause an increase in acidity. Smoking also relaxes a valve present between the food pipe and stomach. This leads to stomach acid coming back upwards in the food pipe. This worsens reflux/ GERD disorders.
Expires on or After
Other Products from this Brand