Rabium 20 Mg Tablet 10
By INTAS PHARMACEUTICALS LTD
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
7 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Rabium 20 MG Description
Rabium Tablet is used for relieving acidity and heartburn in conditions such as stomach and intestinal ulcers, acid reflux disease and Zollinger-Ellison Syndrome. It contains rabeprazole as its activ
e medicine. It is categorized under the class of medicines called 'Proton pump inhibitor' medications used to reduce the amount of acid produced in the stomach. You should take this medicine preferably in the morning, 30 minutes before meals.
|Uses||Acid reflux disease, heart burn, chest discomfort, acidity|
|Side effects||Nausea, headache, diarrhoea, stomach pain, dry mouth|
Check more medicines with composition as Rabeprazole(20.0 Mg)
25 Generic Alternate(s)
Contains same composition as Rabium 20 Mg Tablet 10
- Rabesec 20mg Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Cipla Gx10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 90.20₹ 76.6734.44% CHEAPER₹ 7.67/Tablet
- Rabicer 20mg TabletBy Biochem Pharmaceutical Industries10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 132.75₹ 92.9220.6% CHEAPER₹ 9.29/Tablet
- Rabetrue 20mg Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Avighna Medicare Pvt Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 82.00₹ 76.2634.79% CHEAPER₹ 7.63/Tablet
- Rab 20mg TabletBy Khandelwal Laboratories Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 84.17₹ 71.5438.89% CHEAPER₹ 7.15/Tablet
- Derek 20mg TabletBy Albert David Limited10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 78.77₹ 78.7732.65% CHEAPER₹ 7.88/Tablet
- Peptard 20mg Tablets 15'sBy Indchemie Health Specialities Pvt Ltd15 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 184.50₹ 156.8210.68% CHEAPER₹ 10.45/Tablet
- Rabeloc 20mg TabletBy Cadila Pharmaceuticals Limited10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 135.50₹ 115.171.54% CHEAPER₹ 11.52/Tablet
- Razo 20mg Strip Of 15 TabletsBy Dr Reddy's Laboratories Ltd15 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 242.75₹ 169.923.16% CHEAPER₹ 11.33/Tablet
- Rekool 20mg Strip Of 15 TabletsBy Alembic Pharmaceuticals Ltd15 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 177.80₹ 151.1313.85% CHEAPER₹ 10.08/Tablet
- Rabitoch 20mg Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Pharmed Private Limited10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 70.00₹ 59.5049.15% CHEAPER₹ 5.95/Tablet
Uses of Rabium 20 MG
- For the treatment of heartburn and chest pain due to stomach acid reflux disease in which acidic content from the stomach rises to the food pipe and mouth.
- Treatment of ulcers of stomach, intestine and inflammation and erosion of food pipe due to stomach acid.
- Management of a condition of increased gastric acid production induced by a tumour of the intestine or pancreas, also known as Zollinger-Ellison syndrome.
Contraindications of Rabium 20 MG
- If you are allergic to rabeprazole or any other ingredients of this medicine.
- If you are pregnant or think that you could be pregnant or breastfeeding.
Side effects of Rabium 20 MG
- Sleeplessness, headache, dizziness
- Cough, runny nose, sore throat
- Diarrhoea, vomiting, nausea
- Stomach pain, constipation, gas
- Back pain, weakness, tiredness
Precautions and Warnings of Rabium 20 MG
Can I take Rabium Tablet during pregnancy?
You should not take Rabium Tablet during pregnancy. If you think you may be pregnant and happen to be taking this medicine, consult your doctor as soon as possible.
Can I take Rabium Tablet while breastfeeding?
You should not take Rabium Tablet if you are breastfeeding. Your doctor will prescribe you safer alternatives.
Can I drive if I have consumed Rabium Tablet?
There are chances of drowsiness and dizziness with the Rabium Tablet. Therefore, it is not advisable to drive or use heavy machinery while taking treatment with this medicine.
Can I consume alcohol with Rabium Tablet?
Drinking alcohol when you are taking Rabeprazole does not affect the way this medicine works. However, you must avoid drinking large quantities of alcohol as it is known to increase acidity and can make your stomach disease worse.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have a liver function problem.
- You are experiencing symptoms like painful joints, skin rashes and tiredness.
- You are to undergo any blood test (Chromogranin A).
- You have stomach pain, indigestion and problems in swallowing.
- You have a family history of stomach cancer.
- You vomit food or blood or you are excreting black stools.
- You have a skin reaction after taking similar medicine.
- You are experiencing frequent diarrhoea.
- You are expected to take this medicine for a longer duration as there are several risks associated with that.
- The long term treatment with this medicine may lead to a deficiency of vitamin B12 which can produce symptoms like pale skin, sore tongue, weakness, headache, disturbed vision and irritability.
- The long term treatment of this medicine may also weaken your bones or may slightly increase the risk of fracture.
- In some patients with ulcers, the course of this medicine may take 1 to 3 months. Do not stop the medicine on your own.
- Rabium Tablet is not recommended for use in children.
Mode of Action of Rabium 20 MG
How Does It Work?
- In an average healthy individual, specific cells in the stomach get stimulated and release acid after intake of food. In certain individuals, these pumps secrete an excess of acids and lead to acid-related stomach problems such as ulcers....
- Rabium Tablet blocks the activity of these micropumps in the stomach walls known as proton pumps thus acid release in the stomach decreases and this helps in the healing of ulcers and helps improve symptoms such as acidity and heartburn....
Directions for Use of Rabium 20 MG
- Take Rabium Tablet as a whole with a sufficient amount of water without food.
- You should take this medicine without fail and regularly as directed by your doctor.
- You should not consume it more than what has been prescribed by your doctor.
Interactions of Rabium 20 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Rabium Tablet works or this medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Inform your doctor about all the medicines, supplements, or herbals you are currently consuming or might consume to avoid any possible interaction.
- Concomitant use of Rabium Tablet along with medicines used to treat HIV infections like Atazanavir, Nelfinavir, Rilpivirine or use of antacids should be avoided as Rabeprazole may decrease the effectiveness of these medicines....
- There may be higher chances of getting side effects if you are consuming a medicine containing Digoxin used to treat heart failure along with Omee Capsule, especially in elderly patients.
- Concomitant use of anticoagulants like Warfarin can increase the risk of bleeding and ulcers.
- Other medicines like Methotrexate and antifungals such as Ketoconazole or Itraconazole should be used carefully, as it can alter the effects of the medicine.
Interactions with food items
Rabium Tablet should not be taken with food or milk. You should consume it 30 minutes before food as food decreases the effectiveness of this medicine.
Storage and disposal of Rabium 20 MG
- Store Rabium Tablet below 25°C, protected from moisture, sunlight and heat.
- Keep the medicine out of the reach of children and pets.
- Dispose of the expired medicine or medicine which is no longer needed.
Dosage of Rabium 20 MG
The symptoms of overdose with Rabium Tablet are similar to the side-effects in the body. So, if you have consumed a higher dose or think you may have taken too much of the medicine, do not panic and contact your doctor as soon as possible or visit the nearby hospital....
Missed a Dose
If you forget a dose, take it as soon as possible. However, if it is nearly time for the next dose, skip the missed dose. It is strictly advised not to take a double dose to make up for the forgotten dose....
Dr. Abhishek B L
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Dr. Ritu Budania
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Why should older people be cautious while using Rabium Tablet?
A: Rabium Tablet produces bone weakness and can increase the risk of getting fractures in elderly patients if taken in high doses for long term treatment.
Q: I have diarrhoea after taking Rabium Tablet, what should I do?
A: Diarrhoea is a common side effect of the Rabium Tablet but sometimes can be serious. Rabium Tablet reduces the gastric acid levels and can increase the bacterial count in the gut and can lead to infections. So consult your doctor immediately, in case of persistent diarrhoea. He will decide whether to continue or stop the medicine after clinical examination.
Q: The doctor has prescribed me Rabium Tablet for 2 months, what common precautions should I take?
A: The long term use of the Rabium Tablet produces liver function disturbances, altered electrolyte (magnesium, calcium and sodium) levels and B12 deficiency. So if you experience symptoms like yellow skin and eyes, loss of appetite, nausea, itching, dizziness, fits, headache, irritability, tiredness or pale skin, visit your doctor as soon as possible. As you have been prescribed this medicine for a long duration, your doctor may advise frequent follow-ups and blood tests.
Q: Why do I get B12 deficiency with Rabium Tablet?
A: The absorption of vitamin B12 and storage of vitamin B12 in the body can get affected by the long term use of Rabeprazole. Rabeprazole causes a reduction in the absorption of vitamin B12 from the stomach due to its stomach acid, reducing effects and can lead to vitamin B12 deficiency.
Q: Can I take Rabium Tablet empty stomach?
A: Yes, you can consume Rabium Tablet on an empty stomach. You should preferably take this medicine in the morning on an empty stomach for better stomach acid regulation throughout the day.
- Rabeprazole 20mg Gastro-resistant Tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 26 April 2021]
- Rabeprazole 20mg Gastro-resistant Tablets - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 26 April 2021]
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 26 April 2021
Country of Origin
Expires on or After
Other Products from this Brand
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed