Qutan Sr 50mg Tablet
Qutan Sr 50 MG Description
Qutan Sr 50 mg Tablet is used to manage conditions such as schizophrenia, mania and bipolar disorder. Schizophrenia is a mental disorder in which a person may experience hallucinations and delusions.
Mania is a psychological condition in which the person experiences a sudden increase in energy, mood and self-esteem. People who suffer from bipolar disorder experience a swing of emotions from highs (happy and excited) to lows (depression, loss of interest, hopelessness). Qutan Sr 50 mg Tablet contains quetiapine, which is an antipsychotic medicine. Quetiapine controls the abnormal activities of neurotransmitters. Hence, managing depression, mania and other related symptoms. Qutan Sr 50 mg Tablet should always be consumed under a medical doctor’s supervision. Conditions such as diabetes, heart diseases, liver conditions, menstrual issues, pregnancy, breastfeeding should be discussed with the prescribing doctor. One should not abruptly stop consuming this medicine as the person can experience withdrawal symptoms such as nausea, vomiting, diarrhoea, headaches, sleeplessness or may even develop suicidal thoughts.
|Uses||Schizophrenia, Mania, Bipolar disorder|
|Side effects||Headaches, Dizziness, Drowsiness, Allergy, Nausea, Vomiting, Diarrhoea, High blood pressure, Raised glucose levels, Decreased haemoglobin, Increased triglycerides, Weight gain. Disturbed menses, Withdrawal symptoms if abruptly stopped|
Uses of Qutan Sr 50 MG
- Treatment of schizophrenia.
- Treatment of mania.
- Treatment of bipolar disorder.
Contraindications of Qutan Sr 50 MG
- If you suffer from liver-related diseases.
- If you suffer from heart-related diseases.
- If you suffer from diabetes.
- If you are pregnant.
- If you are a breastfeeding mother.
- If you are hypersensitive or allergic to active and inactive components of Qutan Sr Tablet.
- Children under the age of 18 should not be given this medicine.
Side effects of Qutan Sr 50 MG
- High blood pressure
- Raised glucose levels
- Decrease haemoglobin
- Increased triglycerides
- Weight gain
- Disturbed menses
Precautions and Warnings of Qutan Sr 50 MG
Other General Warnings
- You experience any kind of medicine reaction such as allergic rash, nausea, vomiting, or diarrhoea after consumption of Qutan Sr 50 mg Tablet.
- You experience a rise in blood pressure, weight gain, or increase in glucose levels with symptoms such as increased thirst, increased appetite, fatigue, and frequent urination.
- You conceive during the course of the medication or are planning a pregnancy. The doctor may adjust the dosage of Qutan Sr Tablet or suggest alternative medicines.
- You want to discontinue the use of Qutan Sr Tablet. Do abruptly stop consuming this medicine as the person can experience withdrawal symptoms such as nausea, vomiting, diarrhoea, headaches, sleeplessness or may even develop suicidal thoughts....
Mode of Action of Qutan Sr 50 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Qutan Sr 50 MG
- Qutan Sr 50 mg Tablet should always be consumed under a medical doctor’s supervision.
- One should consume the tablet completely with water.
- Don't break or smash the tablet.
- Keep it away from pets, kids and the elderly with memory loss.
- Preferably take the medicine at a fixed time.
Interactions of Qutan Sr 50 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Qutan Sr 50 mg Tablet may interact with:
- Cough syrups
- Anti-anxiety pills
- Sleep inducers
- Muscle relaxants.
- So for any reason, if you are consuming any of these medications, you need to inform your doctor. The prescribing doctor may ask you to stop your previous medicines or adjust the dose.
Interactions with food items
- Do not consume alcohol with Qutan Sr 50 mg Tablet as this can cause dizziness and drowsiness. Also, do not consume food containing high glucose as this medicine can further increase glucose levels. Additionally, avoid unhealthy fatty food to keep your triglycerides and weight in check....