Qutan Sr 50mg Tablet
By INTAS PHARMACEUTICALS LTD
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
We do not sell this product
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Qutan Sr 50 mg Tablet is used to manage conditions such as schizophrenia, mania and bipolar disorder. Schizophrenia is a mental disorder in which a person may experience hallucinations and delusions. Mania is a psychological condition in which the person experiences a sudden increase in energy, mood and self-esteem. People who suffer from bipolar disorder experience a swing of emotions from highs (happy and excited) to lows (depression, loss of interest, hopelessness). Qutan Sr 50 mg Tablet contains quetiapine, which is an antipsychotic medicine. Quetiapine controls the abnormal activities of neurotransmitters. Hence, managing depression, mania and other related symptoms. Qutan Sr 50 mg Tablet should always be consumed under a medical doctor’s supervision. Conditions such as diabetes, heart diseases, liver conditions, menstrual issues, pregnancy, breastfeeding should be discussed with the prescribing doctor. One should not abruptly stop consuming this medicine as the person can experience withdrawal symptoms such as nausea, vomiting, diarrhoea, headaches, sleeplessness or may even develop suicidal thoughts....
|You Save||₹12.60 (18% on MRP)|
|Best Offer||Use Code: 18SAVE & get 18% discount|
|Uses||Schizophrenia, Mania, Bipolar disorder|
|Side effects||Headaches, Dizziness, Drowsiness, Allergy, Nausea, Vomiting, Diarrhoea, High blood pressure, Raised glucose levels, Decreased haemoglobin, Increased triglycerides, Weight gain. Disturbed menses, Withdrawal symptoms if abruptly stopped|
Check more medicines with composition as Quetiapine(50.0 Mg)
Uses of Qutan Sr 50 MG
- Treatment of schizophrenia.
- Treatment of mania.
- Treatment of bipolar disorder.
Contraindications of Qutan Sr 50 MG
- If you suffer from liver-related diseases.
- If you suffer from heart-related diseases.
- If you suffer from diabetes.
- If you are pregnant.
- If you are a breastfeeding mother.
- If you are hypersensitive or allergic to active and inactive components of Qutan Sr Tablet.
- Children under the age of 18 should not be given this medicine.
Side effects of Qutan Sr 50 MG
- High blood pressure
- Raised glucose levels
- Decrease haemoglobin
- Increased triglycerides
- Weight gain
- Disturbed menses
Precautions and Warnings of Qutan Sr 50 MG
Can I take Qutan Sr 50 mg Tablets during pregnancy?
Treating schizophrenia, mania or bipolar disorder during pregnancy may be a challenge. Combined advice of a mental health clinician, obstetrician, primary health care provider and paediatrician should be taken. It may not be advised to take Qutan Sr 50 mg Tablet in pregnancy as it might pose a risk to the unborn baby. Studies in animals have revealed adverse effects on the foetus, and there are no controlled studies in women. Do not take Qutan Sr Tablet without consulting with your doctor.
Can I take Qutan Sr 50 mg Tablets while breastfeeding?
Qutan Sr 50 mg Tablet may be avoided during breastfeeding unless very necessary. The potential risks and benefits should be discussed with your doctor before taking the medicine. A part of the medicine may be absorbed and secreted in the breast milk, which passes on to the baby. This may prove harmful for the infant. Do not take Qutan Sr Tablet without consulting with your doctor.
Can I drive if I have taken Qutan Sr 50 mg Tablets?
Qutan Sr 50 mg Tablet is not recommended to be consumed immediately before driving as it is a sedative, and can cause dizziness and drowsiness. Consuming the medicine a couple of hours before driving can also alter the judgement while driving and can cause accidents.
Can I consume alcohol with Qutan Sr 50 mg Tablets?
Consumption of alcohol is not recommended during treatment with Qutan Sr 50 mg Tablet due to the increased risk of serious adverse effects such as sleepiness or drowsiness.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You experience any kind of medicine reaction such as allergic rash, nausea, vomiting, or diarrhoea after consumption of Qutan Sr 50 mg Tablet.
- You experience a rise in blood pressure, weight gain, or increase in glucose levels with symptoms such as increased thirst, increased appetite, fatigue, and frequent urination.
- You conceive during the course of the medication or are planning a pregnancy. The doctor may adjust the dosage of Qutan Sr Tablet or suggest alternative medicines.
- You want to discontinue the use of Qutan Sr Tablet. Do abruptly stop consuming this medicine as the person can experience withdrawal symptoms such as nausea, vomiting, diarrhoea, headaches, sleeplessness or may even develop suicidal thoughts....
Mode of Action of Qutan Sr 50 MG
How Does It Work?
Neurotransmitters are the body's chemical messengers used to transmit messages from neurons to other body parts. Dopamine and serotonin are important neurotransmitters that control our mood, sleep, appetite, memory, motivation, reward, motor functions, arousal, desires, cravings, and decision making. Abnormal functioning of these neurotransmitters leads to symptoms such as hallucination, delusion, mania, depression, and euphoria. Quetiapine controls the abnormal activities of these neurotransmitters and hence controls depression, mania and other related symptoms....
Directions for Use of Qutan Sr 50 MG
- Qutan Sr 50 mg Tablet should always be consumed under a medical doctor’s supervision.
- One should consume the tablet completely with water.
- Don't break or smash the tablet.
- Keep it away from pets, kids and the elderly with memory loss.
- Preferably take the medicine at a fixed time.
Interactions of Qutan Sr 50 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Qutan Sr 50 mg Tablet may interact with:
- Cough syrups
- Anti-anxiety pills
- Sleep inducers
- Muscle relaxants.
- So for any reason, if you are consuming any of these medications, you need to inform your doctor. The prescribing doctor may ask you to stop your previous medicines or adjust the dose.
Interactions with food items
- Do not consume alcohol with Qutan Sr 50 mg Tablet as this can cause dizziness and drowsiness. Also, do not consume food containing high glucose as this medicine can further increase glucose levels. Additionally, avoid unhealthy fatty food to keep your triglycerides and weight in check....
Storage and disposal of Qutan Sr 50 MG
Store Qutan Sr 50 mg Tablet in a cool and dry place away from direct sunlight. Dispose of used, expired and damaged medicines with caution. Keep it away from children and pets as its consumption can be hazardous to them....
Dosage of Qutan Sr 50 MG
Do not repeat the dose of Qutan Sr 50 mg Tablet without the doctor's permission. In case of old age, a caretaker should monitor the dosage. Overdosage can have serious issues. Rush to the emergency room in case of severe overdose symptoms. Some symptoms of overdose are extreme sleepiness, abnormal heartbeat, and increased sweating due to hyperglycemia....
Missed a Dose
If you miss a dose of Qutan Sr 50 mg Tablet, please take the medicine as early as possible, but if it is time for the next dose, do not take a double dosage. Exceeding the dosage amount can be dangerous as it can cause symptoms such as insomnia or sleepiness, dizziness, nausea, vomiting, headache or diarrhoea. Please consult your doctor in case of any confusion....
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can Qutan Sr 50 mg Tablet cause weight gain?
A: Qutan Sr 50 mg Tablet may increase your blood glucose levels, and hence, can increase your weight. One has to be watchful of what one eats. Over-eating should be avoided. Increase fibre intake in your diet. Balanced nutritious food and regular exercise will help keep your weight in check.
Q: How long does it take for Qutan Sr 50 mg Tablet tablet to start working?
A: It may take a couple of weeks before your symptoms get better after you start your treatment with Qutan Sr 50 mg Tablet. It is advised not to stop this medicine without consulting your doctor as it may lead to unpleasant side effects.
Q: Will I have to take Qutan Sr 50 mg Tablets for the rest of my life?
A: Qutan Sr 50 mg Tablet has to be taken, continued and withdrawn as per the doctor’s advice. It takes a few weeks for the medicine to control the symptoms and then a maintenance dose is needed for the patient to remain stable. After that, the dose is tapered down slowly. As such, there is no medicine dependency.
Country of Origin
Expires on or After
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.