Prodep 20mg Capsule
Prodep 20 MG Description
Prodep 20 mg Capsule is an antidepressant. It belongs to the SSRI( selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor) group of medicines which is used for the treatment of depression and obsessive-compulsive di
sorder. It is also used to manage bulimia nervosa ( food disorder) by reducing binge eating and vomiting. Prodep Capsule improves people’s mood, relieves anxiety and tension, and helps people recover from depression. It is prescribed by professionals. Always consult your doctor before taking this prescription medication.
|Uses||depression, bulimia nervosa, obsessive-compulsive disorder, Premenstrual syndrome, Stress, Bipolar disorder|
|Side effects||Indigestion, Loss of appetite, Low sexual desire, Erectile dysfunction, Delayed ejaculation, Nausea, Sore throat, Sweating|
Uses of Prodep 20 MG
- Panic disorder
- Obsessive-compulsive disorder
- Food disorder like bulimia nervosa
Contraindications of Prodep 20 MG
Side effects of Prodep 20 MG
- Loss of appetite
- Low sexual desire
- Erectile dysfunction
- Delayed ejaculation
- Sinus infection
Precautions and Warnings of Prodep 20 MG
Other General Warnings
- You have a history of substance abuse or addiction.
- You have been taking this medicine for long a time.
- You want to stop the medication.
- You have a kidney or a liver condition, as they may require dose adjustment.
Mode of Action of Prodep 20 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Prodep 20 MG
- Prodep 20 mg should be consumed as advised by the doctor.
- It can be taken with or without food, and it must be taken at a fixed time.
- The patient must swallow the medicine with water and not crush, chew or break the capsule.
Interactions of Prodep 20 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Moderate side effects:
Interactions with food items
- The medicine Prodep is known for its interactions with the cannabis family like marijuana and hashish.
- This medication reacts with tyramine rich foods like milk, cheese curd and avocado.
Storage and disposal of Prodep 20 MG
Dosage of Prodep 20 MG
- In case of an overdose of Prodep 20mg, supportive therapy must be given, such as airway protection and ECG to check cardiotoxicity. Benzodiazepines can be given for sedation. Doctors may even use activated charcoal for decontamination of the gastrointestinal tract. ...
- Overdosing of the same can cause serotonin syndrome and nausea.
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Does Prodep Capsule cause sleepiness?
Q: Does Prodep Capsule make you tired?
- Fatigue or extreme tiredness is one of the very common side effects of Prodep 20 mg Capsule. It happens because the medicine interferes with your nervous system and can make you feel lethargic.