Pregastar Od 150mg Tablet
Pregastar Od 150 MG Description
Pregastar Od Tablet is used to treat nerve-related pain (neuropathic pain) associated with spinal cord injury, trauma or other degenerative disorders. It contains pregabalin as its main ingredient. T
his medicine protects the nerve fibres and helps in the rejuvenation of the damaged nerve cells. It should be taken as directed by the doctor and in doses and duration as prescribed. Before using the Pregastar Od Tablet, inform the doctor if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or are breastfeeding and about your detailed medical history.
Uses of Pregastar Od 150 MG
- For the treatment of peripheral neuropathic pain, a condition of an abnormal painful sensation in different body parts due to damage in a part of the brain responsible for sensing the external stimuli....
- For the management of chronic condition characterised by pain and stiffness in the muscle, joints and tendons known as fibromyalgia syndrome.
- As adjunctive therapy for adult patients with partial-onset seizures (characterised by abnormal electrical activity in only one part of the brain).
Contraindications of Pregastar Od 150 MG
Side effects of Pregastar Od 150 MG
Precautions and Warnings of Pregastar Od 150 MG
Other General Warnings
- You develop an allergic reaction like bumps, itching, swelling around your face and other body parts or difficulty in breathing after taking the Pregastar Od Tablet, immediately seek medical help.
- You have a heart problem or you are diabetic or have kidney function problems.
- You are above 60 years of age or have any respiratory disorders.
- Pregastar Od Tablet can cause dizziness and this can lead to accidental injury (fall) in elderly patients. Be cautious if you are an elderly patient or giving this medicine to an elderly patient.
- You are experiencing vision problems or dizziness and sleepiness, stomach discomfort, constipation, etc.
- You experience suicidal thoughts, talk to your doctor immediately.
- You have a history of fits.
- Do not stop this medicine abruptly, your doctor shall gradually decrease the dose.
- Pregastar Od Tablet is not recommended in patients below 18 years of age.
Mode of Action of Pregastar Od 150 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Pregastar Od 150 MG
Interactions of Pregastar Od 150 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Sometimes the Pregastar Od Tablet may affect the way other medicines work and other medicines may affect how the Pregastar Od Tablet works if taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interactions.
- Especially, if you are taking medicines for brain-related disorders or calmness of the brain, as it can cause sleepiness or dizziness.
- Medicines like oxycodone used for serious painful conditions if taken along can lead to a loss of memory and the ability to perform normal physical movements.
Storage and disposal of Pregastar Od 150 MG
- Store the Pregastar Od Tablet below 30°C protected from light and moisture.
- Keep it out of the reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Pregastar Od 150 MG
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Is Pregastar Od Tablet a normal painkiller?
Q: Can I stop taking the Pregastar Od Tablet on my own?
Q: What is neuropathic pain and how is it different from muscle pain?
- Neuropathic pain occurs due to damage or injury of the nerves responsible for transferring information to the brain and spinal cord from the skin, muscles and other body parts. Typically the pain feels like burning, stabbing and shooting. The patient may describe it as 'pins and needles'. It is usually associated with nerve damage due to surgery or trauma, viral infections, cancer, vascular malformations and diabetes. It may also be a side effect of certain medications. Muscle pain occurs due to the tearing and stretching of muscles or tendons. It is characterised by symptoms like muscle pain, joint pain, restricted motions, etc....
- Lyrica 100 mg hard capsules - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 24 May 2021]
- LYRICA (pregabalin) Capsules, USP [Internet]. Accessdata.fda.gov. 2021 [cited 24 May 2021]
- CDSCO - Pregabalin [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 24 May 2021]
- Chopra K, Tiwari V. Alcoholic neuropathy: possible mechanisms and future treatment possibilities. 2021.
- NOVA Capsules [Internet]. CiplaMed. 2021 [cited 28 May 2021]
Other Products from this Brand
- Pregastar 75 Mg Capsule 15 S
- Pregastar 75 Mg Capsule
- Pregastar Plus Capsule 15 S
- Pregastar Plus Sr 75 Mg Tablet 10 S
- Pregastar Plus Strip Of 10 Capsules
- Pregastar Plus Sr 75 Mg Tablet 15 S
- Pregastar Od 75 Mg Tablet
- Pregastar 75 Tablet 10 Nos
- Bioderma Sebium Global Care For Acne Prone Skin Eliminates Spots Blackheads
- Pregastar M 75 Mg Capsule