Podoxim 200mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
By WOCKHARDT LIMITED
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
30 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Cefpodoxime belongs to a group of antibiotics called Cephalosporins.
Uses of Podoxim 200mg Tab 10'S
- Respiratory tract infections (Bronchitis, Pneumonia)
- Skin infections
- Ear infections
- Infection of the sinuses
- Throat Infections
- Infection of the tonsils
- Infection of urinary tract
- Gonorrhoea (sexually transmitted disease in both male and female genital organs)
- Other infection of genital organs in male and female
Contraindications of Podoxim 200mg Tab 10'S
- If you are allergic to Cefpodoxime or any of the other ingredients of this medicine
- If you have a history of severe allergy (hypersensitivity) reaction to Penicillin or other Beta-Lactam antibiotic
Side effects of Podoxim 200mg Tab 10'S
- Stomach pain
- Chest pain
- Mild diarrhea
- Skin and vaginal fungal infection
- Feeling tired
Precautions and Warnings of Podoxim 200mg Tab 10'S
Can I take Podoxim 200mg Tab 10'S during pregnancy?
The effect of this medicine on the fetus is not known, consult your doctor if you are pregnant.
Can I take Podoxim 200mg Tab 10'S while breastfeeding?
- This medicine passes into human milk in low quantities. However this medicine can be used during breastfeeding. In case of diarrhea or mucosal fungal infection in the breastfed baby, consult your doctor for further information.read less
Can I drive if I have consumed Podoxim 200mg Tab 10'S?
This medicine can cause dizziness and may affect your ability to drive.
Can I consume alcohol with Podoxim 200mg Tab 10'S?
No information is available on interactions of this medicine when taken with alcohol, consult your doctor or pharmacist for further information.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You experience any severe allergic reactions after taking this medicine
- You develop watery and bloody diarrhoea
- You have had allergy to medicines called Cephalosporins or Penicillins
- You are using any Beta-Lactam antibacterial agents
- You have any kidney disorders
- You have a history of gastrointestinal disease
Mode of Action of Podoxim 200mg Tab 10'S
How Does It Work?
It controls the growth of bacteria and kills them by inhibiting the synthesis of bacterial cell wall.
Directions for Use of Podoxim 200mg Tab 10'S
Swallow the whole tablet/ capsule with a glass of water.
Interactions of Podoxim 200mg Tab 10'S
Interactions with other medicines
- Medicines used to treat acidity like Cimetidine, Ranitidine
- Medicines used to treat gout (Probenecid)
- Medicines used to thin your blood (oral anticoagulants)
Interactions with food items
Food increases the absorption of this medicine; hence, it is advisable to take it with or after a meal.
Storage and disposal of Podoxim 200mg Tab 10'S
Store in a cool, dry place to protect it from light.
Dosage of Podoxim 200mg Tab 10'S
- Seek emergency medical care if you think you have taken too much of this medicine
- Overdose symptoms may include stomach pain, diarrhea, headache, nausea, and vomiting
Missed a Dose
It is advisable not to miss any doses of antibiotic. If you missed any dose, take it as soon as you remember. If it is time for next dose, skip the missed dose and follow regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose of medicine to compensate for the missed dose.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: I have flu and running nose, can I take Podoxim 200mg Tab 10'S?
- No, this medication is not to be taken by yourself
- This medicine is a higher antibiotic meant for severe infections and your doctor will prescribe you the same only if it is essential
- This medication is not for viral infections, and generally, flu occurs due to viruses
Q: Can I stop taking this medicine before the prescribed duration?
A: No, finish the full course of the treatment even if you feel better. Though you start feeling better, there is still infection-causing bacteria present in the body, which can make the infection to return in a few days. Also, when one does not complete the course, these few bacteria later become resistant to these antibiotics and cause severe infections, which are difficult to treat. Hence, always finish the course of antibiotics as prescribed by your doctor.
Last Updated on: 31 Jul 2020 | 07:00 PM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
1 Lakh+ Products
100% secure and trusted payment protection
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved