Plutocef 200mg Tablets
Plutocef 200 MG Description
Plutocef Tablet is an antibiotic medicine containing cefixime as its active ingredient. It is used in treating bacterial infections of the urinary tract, lungs, throat, airways, tonsils, middle ear a
nd cervical/urethral infections. It is also used to treat typhoid fever. It works by interfering with the synthesis of the cell wall of bacteria, this leads to the death of the bacteria responsible for the infection. Plutocef Tablet should be taken as directed by the doctor and in the correct doses and for the exact duration as prescribed. Do not miss any doses or stop taking this medicine on your own. You must complete the course of antibiotics, discontinuing the treatment on your own, leads to antibiotic resistance and the recurrence of infection makes this medicine less effective for future infections.
|You Save||₹16.50 (15% on MRP)|
|Side effects||Diarrhoea, nausea, vomiting, stomach pain|
- Cefxtrue 200mg Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Avighna Medicare Pvt Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 107.50₹ 91.372.25% CHEAPER₹ 9.14/Tablet
- Safexim 200mg Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Abbott Healthcare Pvt Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 119.31₹ 83.5210.7% CHEAPER₹ 8.35/Tablet
- Omnicef O 200mg TabletBy Aristo Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 98.72₹ 83.9110.27% CHEAPER₹ 8.39/Tablet
- Topcef Dt 200mg TabletBy Torrent Pharmaceuticals Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 88.75₹ 88.755.03% CHEAPER₹ 8.88/Tablet
- Mahacef 200mg TabletBy Mankind Pharmaceuticals Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 92.70₹ 78.7915.72% CHEAPER₹ 7.88/Tablet
- Maxicef O 200mg Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Aristo Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 109.35₹ 92.950.64% CHEAPER₹ 9.30/Tablet
- Zifi 200mg TabletBy Fdc Limited10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 97.65₹ 83.0011.23% CHEAPER₹ 8.30/Tablet
- Ritecef O 200mg Dt Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Micro Labs10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 107.74₹ 91.582.03% CHEAPER₹ 9.16/Tablet
- Milixim 200mg TabletBy Glenmark Pharmaceuticals10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 82.17₹ 72.3122.67% CHEAPER₹ 7.23/Tablet
- C Tax O 200mg Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Zuventus Health Care Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 97.66₹ 83.0111.23% CHEAPER₹ 8.30/Tablet
Uses of Plutocef 200 MG
- Plutocef Tablet is used for the treatment of bacterial infections of the ear, nose or sinuses (such as sinusitis), urinary system (such as bladder and kidney infections), throat infections (such as tonsillitis, pharyngitis) and lungs (such as bronchitis, pneumonia)....
- It is also effective for typhoid (enteric) fever and gonorrhoea.
Contraindications of Plutocef 200 MG
- If you are allergic to cefixime or any other ingredients of Plutocef Tablet.
- If you are allergic to any similar antibiotics, including Penicillin.
Side effects of Plutocef 200 MG
- Stomach pain
Precautions and Warnings of Plutocef 200 MG
Other General Warnings
- You have problems with your liver or kidneys.
- You experience skin reactions after taking Plutocef Tablet.
- You have or had encephalopathy (damage or disease that affects the brain and alters the way the brain works).
- You are suffering from a condition called haemolytic anaemia (a condition where red blood cells get broken down faster than they are formed).
- You experience watery diarrhoea, stomach pain and fever.
- You develop any allergic reaction after using Plutocef Tablet.
Mode of Action of Plutocef 200 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Plutocef 200 MG
- Plutocef Tablet should be taken as directed by your doctor.
- Swallow it as a whole with a glass of water, do not cut, break or chew the medicine.
- It would be best if you took it at a fixed time for optimal results and should not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor.
- Always complete the course of antibiotic medicine and do not discontinue on your own.
Interactions of Plutocef 200 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Plutocef Tablet works or this medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interactions.
- Especially, if you are taking Carbamazepine (a medicine used to treat seizures) and blood thinners such as Warfarin.
- Plutocef Tablet may alter the clotting parameters and there is a risk of unusual bleeding.
Storage and disposal of Plutocef 200 MG
- Store Plutocef Tablet below 25°C, protected from direct sunlight, heat and moisture.
- Keep it out of the reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Plutocef 200 MG
Missed a Dose
Dr. Arpit Verma
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Dr. Ritu Budania
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can I take Plutocef Tablet for fever and cold?
Q: Can I stop taking Plutocef Tablet if I feel better?
Q: Can I take Plutocef Tablet if I have flu?
Q: Why do I experience diarrhoea after taking Plutocef Tablet?
- DailyMed - Cefixime Capsule [Internet]. Dailymed.nlm.nih.gov. 2021 [cited 13 May 2021]
- Ziprax Dispersible Tablets / Dry Syrup (Cefixime) [Internet]. Ciplamed.com. 2021 [cited 13 May 2021]
- Suprax 200 mg Tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 13 May 2021]
- CDSCO - Cefixime [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 13 May 2021]