Piofix 30mg Tablet
Piofix 30 MG Description
Piofix Tablet is an anti-diabetic medicine containing pioglitazone as its active ingredient. It is useful in improving the blood sugar levels of type 2 diabetes mellitus patients. While taking this m
dicine, you should be cautious of your diet and should also exercise regularly. It should be taken as directed by the doctor and in doses and duration as prescribed. It can be taken with or without food. Before using this medicine, inform the doctor if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or breastfeeding and about your detailed medical history. Your doctor may frequently ask you to monitor your blood sugar levels while on treatment with Piofix.
- Biodib 30mg TabletBy Biochem Pharmaceutical Industries10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 126.25₹ 88.37₹ 8.84/Tablet
- Pioz 30mg TabletBy Usv Pvt Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 100.00₹ 85.00₹ 8.5/Tablet
- Piohope 30mg Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Mankind Pharmaceuticals Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 85.00₹ 72.25₹ 7.23/Tablet
- Glitaris 30mg TabletBy Eris Life Sciences Pvt Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 106.75₹ 90.74₹ 9.07/Tablet
- Piokind 30mg Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Mankind Pharmaceuticals Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 79.01₹ 67.16₹ 6.72/Tablet
- Pionorm 30mg TabletBy Micro Labs10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 83.00₹ 70.55₹ 7.06/Tablet
- Piomed 30mg TabletBy Ipca Laboratories10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 106.40₹ 89.38₹ 8.94/Tablet
- Piosafe 30mg TabletBy Aristo Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 114.00₹ 96.90₹ 9.69/Tablet
- Pioglit 30mg TabletBy Sun Pharma10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 107.00₹ 90.95₹ 9.1/Tablet
Uses of Piofix 30 MG
Contraindications of Piofix 30 MG
- If you are allergic to Pioglitazone or any of the ingredient of Piofix Tablet.
- If you have diabetic ketoacidosis (uncontrolled diabetes along with nausea, vomiting, diarrhoea, rapid weight loss).
- If you are suffering from any heart problems like heart failure.
- If you have any problems with your liver.
- If you ever had or have bladder cancer.
- If you notice blood in your urine and your doctor is not aware of it.
Side effects of Piofix 30 MG
- Respiratory tract infection like cough, sneezing, runny nose, sore throat
- Weight gain
- Abnormal or blurred vision
Precautions and Warnings of Piofix 30 MG
Other General Warnings
- You suffer from any liver disease.
- You are suffering from any heart problem like irregular heartbeat, heart failure.
- You are suffering from a certain type of diabetic eye disease called macular oedema.
- You notice any type of swelling or have fluid retention, as Piofix Tablet may worsen your condition.
- You have cysts on your ovaries.
- Piofix may increase the risk of bone fractures.
- When taking this medicine along with other antidiabetic medicines, you may experience episodes of low blood sugar. Always carry sugar or a bar of chocolate. Do not consume sugar-free during such episodes....
- Piofix Tablet is not recommended in patients below 18 years of age.
Mode of Action of Piofix 30 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Piofix 30 MG
Interactions of Piofix 30 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Piofix Tablet may interact with other medicines, discuss with your doctor about all the medicines, supplements, or herbal preparations you are taking. Also, you should inform your doctor if you have a planned surgery or vaccination scheduled. ...
- Piofix Tablet should be used with caution along with gemfibrozil (used to lower blood cholesterol) and rifampicin (antibiotic) as it may after its effects. Close monitoring of your blood sugar levels is necessary....
Interactions with food items
Storage and disposal of Piofix 30 MG
Dosage of Piofix 30 MG
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What is the use of Piofix Tablet?
Q: How to take Piofix Tablet?
Q: Can Piofix Tablet be given to children?
Q: What is the content present in Piofix?
Q: What are the side effects of Piofix?
Q: When should I take Piofix?
- Pioglitazone Accord 15 mg tablets- Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 9 May 2022]
- Pioglitazone Accord 15 mg tablets- Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 9 May 2022]
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 9 May 2022]