Pexitaz 500mg Injection
Pexitaz 500 MG Description
Pexitaz Injection is an anti-cancer medication containing pemetrexed as its main component. It is used in the treatment of lung cancer. This medicine will be given to you in hospital or clinic by a d
octor or nurse. You should avoid self-injecting.
Uses of Pexitaz 500 MG
Contraindications of Pexitaz 500 MG
- If you are allergic to pemetrexed or any of the ingredient of Pexitaz Injection
- If you are a breastfeeding mother
- If you have taken or are about to take a vaccine against yellow fever
Side effects of Pexitaz 500 MG
- Nausea, vomiting, diarrhoea
- Indigestion, constipation, stomach pain
- Fever, infection
- Fatigue, dizziness, loss of appetite
- Skin rash, redness, itching
- Pain, swelling, sores in the mouth
- Chest pain
- Hair loss
- Low blood platelets, anaemia, low WBCs
Precautions and Warnings of Pexitaz 500 MG
- Pexitaz Injection should not be used during pregnancy unless your doctor considers it essential after assessing the benefits over risks.
- Use effective contraception during treatment & for about 6 months after stopping the treatment.
Other General Warnings
- You had or still have problems with your heart or kidneys
- You had or are scheduled to have radiation therapy
- You have been vaccinated recently
- You have a condition of fluids accumulated around the lungs
- This medicine is not recommended for use in patients below 18 years of age
Mode of Action of Pexitaz 500 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Pexitaz 500 MG
Interactions of Pexitaz 500 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Pexitaz Injection works or this medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction. Also, you should inform your doctor if you have a planned surgery or vaccination scheduled....
- Especially if you are taking medicine such as painkillers, blood thinners, water pills, cyclosporin, probenecid, penicillin or you have taken an live vaccines.
Storage and disposal of Pexitaz 500 MG
- Store Pexitaz Injection under the conditions mentioned on the pack.
- Keep it away from children and pets
Dosage of Pexitaz 500 MG
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What is the composition of Pexitaz Injection?
Q: What is the use of Pexitaz Injection?
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2022 [cited 8 June 2022]
- Pemetrexed SUN 500 mg powder for concentrate for solution for infusion - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 8 June 2022]
- Pemetrexed SUN 500 mg powder for concentrate for solution for infusion - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 8 June 2022]